Powell @ Clinton

coonhunter291

Actually, I would love to hear some of the Dragon fans' perspective on tonight's game. And I don't want to here, 'Well if this had happened and this had happened and this had happened, we coulda' won...'

OSUNUT, I don't know that Clinton fans have made many excuses and I wont make any tonight. We were outsized by a much stronger team. We lack the speed we need and the experience. I was a little disappointed in all the face masks and personal fouls by the Panthers but I am not making an excuse that did not affect the outcome. I am very proud of the year we have had and do see us improving in the off season and will be ready for next season. I would like to know what you all feed the kids at Powell they are huge...lol. Best of luck next week against Red Bank. See you guys next season.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSUNUT, I don't know that Clinton fans have made many excuses and I wont make any tonight. We were outsized by a much stronger team. We lack the speed we need and the experience. I was a little disappointed in all the face masks and personal fouls by the Panthers but I am not making an excuse that did not affect the outcome. I am very proud of the year we have had and do see us improving in the off season and will be ready for next season. I would like to know what you all feed the kids at Powell they are huge...lol. Best of luck next week against Red Bank. See you guys next season.

I promise that I wasn't accusing you guys of making excuses, I just know that some fans from any team will get on a message board after their team lost (when they predicted a win) and do just that - make excuses.

I promise that I wasn't accusing you guys of making excuses, I just know that some fans from any team will get on a message board after their team lost (when they predicted a win) and do just that - make excuses.

If there was any excuse Clinton could have its that theyre gameplan was totally thrown off because its was just a very sloppy game. Clinton could not thow the ball at all and when they did it was either way off because of the slippery ball or it was intercepted or caught and immediately tackled. Clinton O-line wasnt able to make many holes at all against Powell's D. Also Powells O couldnt be more like they couldve in those types of weater conditions since all they do is run the ball. Plus Cruze was a big help with returning the opening kick off for a TD then intercepting a pass for a TD, then throwing a TD all in the first quarter. He also had a rushing TD but didnt count because of a block in the back penalty. The other TD was a Huffaker 1 yard TD. Also Clinton didnt really get close to scoring. The only time they were close is when they trew it into the endzone but it was intercepted.

No excuses Clinton stinks out loud I know it you know it everybody in the state knows it. Im going to be like a Clinton football player in quit..........

Texx Had way to many fumbles at the begining of the year, Hes finally started holding on when they went to the veer. He did arlight this year. I know he had at least 1 touchdown recieving

Powell has alot of work to do this week, Hopefully they will work hard and get past Red Bank, I would love to see powell play west again.

No excuses Clinton stinks out loud I know it you know it everybody in the state knows it. Im going to be like a Clinton football player in quit..........

With fans like you who needs the critics. Please on your down time work on your typing "player in quit" ....You are nothing like the Clinton Football Players they have determination, pride, work ethic and loyalty to the program and each other. Please do Clinton the favor chsdragon, QUIT !!!!!

If there was any excuse Clinton could have its that theyre gameplan was totally thrown off because its was just a very sloppy game. Clinton could not thow the ball at all and when they did it was either way off because of the slippery ball or it was intercepted or caught and immediately tackled. Clinton O-line wasnt able to make many holes at all against Powell's D. Also Powells O couldnt be more like they couldve in those types of weater conditions since all they do is run the ball. Plus Cruze was a big help with returning the opening kick off for a TD then intercepting a pass for a TD, then throwing a TD all in the first quarter. He also had a rushing TD but didnt count because of a block in the back penalty. The other TD was a Huffaker 1 yard TD. Also Clinton didnt really get close to scoring. The only time they were close is when they trew it into the endzone but it was intercepted.

osunut, Clinton doesn't need to make excuses Drega is taking care of that. Clinton fans aren't offering excuses just offering good luck to the Pathers against Red Bank, and stay healthy. From a Dragon Fan all the way WIN or LOSE

Actually, I would love to hear some of the Dragon fans' perspective on tonight's game. And I don't want to here, 'Well if this had happened and this had happened and this had happened, we coulda' won...'

I'll give you my perspective. Powell was a lot bigger than us. I mean a lot. I don't know what you all are doing in the weight room but that was the biggest team we've faced all year. Cruze is as advertised. He basically toyed with our defense. Good luck in the playoffs!!!!

Clinton wasnt outcoached, the only difference was, that the Dragons couldnt keep theirselves on their feet, and the Panters could, the score was 20-0 half way through the first quarter! the first kickoff of the game, Cruze ran 80 yards to the endzone, I was in the Student section, therefore at the end of the field, and I clearly saw that Cruze was not touched, and the Clinton players were on the ground, after the 1st quarter, Clinton finally figured out how to stop the panthers, but it was WAY too late!!

Patience good things mature with time.

I know its getting to be a broken record but time will be on the side of the Dragons. The weather neutralized any chance of you playing your game last friday night against Powell and they coasted to victory early.

But next year many teams will be young and inexperienced. The Dragons like my Red Devils will be in the hunt and I bet we will both enjoy a better campaign with some big surprises that lay ahead.