Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

Congrats to U.C. even though they lost a close one..Even with the loss,Union City just solidified that they are the #1 ranked team in the state in Single A and for the doubters from Middle and East Tenn..about Union City not having any size and won't be able to win against the top teams..opened some eyes..and that was without on of their starters...And at the same time..even though Lake Co or Humboldt didn't have anything to do with Union City's performance....it very well may show that our district may very well be the best district in the State in Single A..Now maybe when the other fans from the other parts of the state see U.C. ,Lake Co and Humboldt all in the top 5 we seem to always see the comment..I can tell what part of the state your're from..Even so...now people should know that we are indeed the best district in the State..U.C. would have to be considered the favorite..but like most people around here thinks..One of the teams in our district will hopefully be bringing the gold ball home..And I wouldn't doubt that the 3rd place team from our district could beat any team that's there also!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Hey larry bird ,I do not know what you're talking about but UC will play with anybody ,anytime!!! As for BA sounds like if UC would have made their foul shots they would have pulled the stunner to some people,but not to the fateful. I hope everyone takes us for whatever team YOU took us for ,if so they will have problems all year. We play with real kids not RECRUITS!!!!!! So now you are at home wondering how UC did what they did????? Which was almost beating the four time defending state chumps BA!!!! Have a Merry Christmas :huh:

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT UNION CITY IS VERY VERY VERY GOOD. THEY CAN PLAY WITH ANYBODY IN ANY LEVEL IN TN.. AND I HEARD YOU HAD 1 GOOD PLAYER THAT WASNT PLAYING, BUT IN BRENTWOOD ACADEMYS DEFENSE THEY HAD 2 STARTERS NOT PLAYING. WHITE HOUSE HAS THEIR HANDS FULL TOMORROW. BEST SHOOTER IN THIS TOURNAMENT IS JEREMY BARNES FROM WHITE HOUSE , MURRAY HARRIS FROM SYCAMORE OR ANY UNION CITY SHOOTER.. I KNOW BARNES HAS 7 THREE POINTERS IN 2 GAMES SO FAR AND I THINK HARRIS HAS ABOUT THE SAME. AS FAR AS THE BEST PLAYER IVE SEEN ITS PROBABLY BETWEEN TAVARES JEFFERSON (SOPH) FROM ENSWORTH WHO I HEARD HAD 39 TODAY AND SEES THE FLOOR TREMENDOUSLY OR BRANDON BROWN FROM BA. AS FAR AS THE CHAMPIONSHIP GOES TOMMORROW BA WILL PROBABLY WIN BY 12-15 UNLESS CALEB CLAYTON GETS HOT FOR LIPSCOMB AND THEN THEY COULD PULL THE UPSET.

Typical. AAU! ;)

Didn't you know that Larry Bird is just a hick from French Lick...that could hoop? You sound like a West TN politician. :thumb:

ILL TELL YOU WHAT HE SOUNDS LIKE TO ME. HE SOUNDS LIKE HES TRYING TO PLAY THE RACE CARD WHEN THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. I JUST THOUGHT THE FANS ON HERE FROM UC ARE A LITTLE TO GUNGHO. LIKE I SAID THEY SOUND LIKE THEIR GOD'S GIFT TO BASKETBALL. THEY ARE A VERY GOOD TEAM NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. BUT AS FAR AS BEING RACIST COME ON GIVE ME A BREAK. AND IF YOU DONT LIKE MY COMMENTS CONTACT YOUR CONGRESSMAN.

That would be the 4 time defending state champs minus 2 starters. BA

was missing both Wright and Kottas tonight.

Well Union City was missing 2 or their key starters also..Coby and Mosley so i don't want to hear that garbage..Both of our players can shoot the three very well that was missing but im not gonna make excuses but one thing is for sure..Union City would had beat BA if they would had made their freethrows down the strech they were only 4 of 14 dude..Very not like Uion City so consider that a xmas present from Union City.

Well Union City was missing 2 or their key starters also..Coby and Mosley so i don't want to hear that garbage..Both of our players can shoot the three very well that was missing but im not gonna make excuses but one thing is for sure..Union City would had beat BA if they would had made their freethrows down the strech they were only 4 of 14 dude..Very not like Uion City so consider that a xmas present from Union City.

No garbage intended. My reply was in response to your condescending

"Chumps" statement. If you want to be a jerk, go elsewhere. UC

is a very good team. You represent them very poorly.

Im not sure about the scores but i know the winners:

Ensworth beat Pioneer Christian by like 3 or 4

Sycamore beat Haywood by 2

Lipscomb beat White House by 3 in OT

BA beat UC by 2

Pioneer Christian vs Haywood at 11:00

Sycamore vs Ensworth at 12:30

White House vs UC at 2:00

BA vs Lipscomb at 3:30 (championship)

Predictions:

Haywood over Pioneer Christian (+15)

Sycamore over Ensworth (+5)

UC over White House (+10)

BA over Lipscomb (+8)

UC 51 WH 33 at the half

Let's see . . . you don't want to hear excuses because BA had players out and you say you don't want to make excuses. Then you make excuses and say that if UC would have hit free throws . . . very good argument. I'm sure every team that looses a game can come up with some combination of "if we'd have just made our free throws/three point shots/rebounds/lay ups . . ."

Good team make the free throws, not excuses "dude"

Let's see . . . you don't want to hear excuses because BA had players out and you say you don't want to make excuses. Then you make excuses and say that if UC would have hit free throws . . . very good argument. I'm sure every team that looses a game can come up with some combination of "if we'd have just made our free throws/three point shots/rebounds/lay ups . . ."

Good team make the free throws, not excuses "dude"

Well ur right it did sound like a excuse but like i said before..Union City is a single a school with NO recruits just hard work and good coaching..We just trying to get ready to defend our state title by playing great teams like BA and others..And u can rest asure that UC will be back to this tourny. because of the talent level their...And its not gonna get any easier for UC because they have to go to Popular Bluff tourny next and play national ranked teams..They will start out with Popular Bluff Mules 5a school that is hosting the tourny..Who do u think made that bracket..Hmm..UC beat Popular Bluff last year at their place in the first round..Im sure they are wanting revenge..And if we beat them again will will more than likely have to play ST. Louis Vashion that are nationaly ranked that were #1 nationaly ranked last year...So no im not making any eacuses for them..They lost and that is that..I just hope them teams in Popular Bluff take them lightly like Brentwood did..So my congrats goes out to BA for beating such a small single a school so conviencing...Good luck to BA!..