Gallatin, State Champs?

WaCoJaCo

Our QB, Ferrell, will miss this week's game against McGavock & possibly the first round of the playoffs vs. Ravenwood. Should be back for round 2 if we are fortunate enough to get the W. Corey Willmore will get the start. He lead the Wave through camp at Mcallie & has had significant PT this season. Knows the offense quite well. He will do a good job! Boo Boo Butler may also get some snaps. (Willmore starts at DB & punter as well) Rusty Fisher (OL/DL) will also miss tonights game with a hamstring injury. All in all, my boys will be fine. The nice thing about 42 seniors on the team? Depth!!!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems there is a shortage of "football IQ" by the Region 6 posters on here. I know that is not the case for the coaches or players in region 6, but for some reason it doesn't transcend to CoachT.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your posts- going with the heart rather than the head, ignoring the merits of the argument, as well as ignoring the statistical and historic background to our assertions. Seems you've latched onto the "style" over substance (facts) part of the opinion.

But to your attempt at making a point: Time and time again, we have all witnessed the lack of offensive creativity and defensive adaptability prove fatal for the Region in this confrontation.

And as far as the football IQ statement; you've confirmed that you have lost the argument when your best retort is to call us stupid. Once again, the facts have you backed into a corner.

The fact of the matter is that your worst nightmare for the season is a Gallatin vs. Ravenwood first round matchup. This will be the toughest 1 vs. 4 in the entire playoffs. Now, Gallatin and maybe the entire region wil prove history wrong (and we'll go back to a definitive timeline where the regions resembled their current configuration, which is about four to five years, to prove the point). If that happens, then props to the victors.

I just don't see it.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your posts- going with the heart rather than the head, ignoring the merits of the argument, as well as ignoring the statistical and historic background to our assertions. Seems you've latched onto the "style" over substance (facts) part of the opinion.

But to your attempt at making a point: Time and time again, we have all witnessed the lack of offensive creativity and defensive adaptability prove fatal for the Region in this confrontation.

And as far as the football IQ statement; you've confirmed that you have lost the argument when your best retort is to call us stupid. Once again, the facts have you backed into a corner.

The fact of the matter is that your worst nightmare for the season is a Gallatin vs. Ravenwood first round matchup. This will be the toughest 1 vs. 4 in the entire playoffs. Now, Gallatin and maybe the entire region wil prove history wrong (and we'll go back to a definitive timeline where the regions resembled their current configuration, which is about four to five years, to prove the point). If that happens, then props to the victors.

I just don't see it.

Gallatin is 9-0 and ranked anywhere from 3rd to 1st in polls based on opinions. Now that doesn't mean a lot to me, and I doubt is does to you either. But why is it that so many think so highly of them, and region 6 does not? History? What history did Ravenwood have in their favor last year? Or Brentwood in 2002? Or Ezell-Harding?None that I can find. But did they win? Were they better than a lot of people thought? Yes. But could you, prior to the success each team had in their championship years, use "history" or "trends" to predict that they would win? No.

That is why your arguement is absolutely ridiculus . Teams from your own region, using your logic, would never have won titles. But they did. So I think I am more than justified in questioning your "football IQ" when you analyze teams based on previous years successed and failures.

Let's use your logic in some other scenarios:

UT versus Vandy. Nothing in "recent history" indicated that, even in a down year, Vandy would win in Rocky Top . But did they?

Let's keep it closer to home:

Station Camp High School. They, like Ravenwood last year, have very little history at all, good or bad. But they are now undefeated and are looking more and more like a team of destiny. I suppose, in your mind, they don't have a chance.

I will end with this one question for you:

At what point does "recent history" become irrelevant when you are analyzing how your team will do?

aside from brentwood academy I dont think there is anyone in williamson that can beat the green wave this year.

this idea that the region 6 teams are just soooo much better than everyone else is just stupid. they still put eleven players on the field right? or are they so good they only need ten.

and all this 'high powered offense' that these teams have? where has it been against anyone good?

franklins high score against a team with a winnng record in 5a is 17. wow that is scary.

Ravenwood scored 35 against BA, but still couldn't win. 31 against a slumping Indy team.

DC scored a bunch against Indy as well, but not much against anyone else good.

And brentwood-the most points they scored against a winning team was 21. And that was to smyrna and they lost- we saw what kind of defense they had against riverdale- hello 49 points.

so really, where is all this offense when it really matters?

as far as ravenwood vs gallatin- that'll be a great game everyone knows that. but we'll see tonight how good the raptors offense is. if DC shuts them down then Gallatin will do the same thing.

i would say good luck to all- but thats not my stile

if you want to go by stats then we can, ok before the hhs game u put up all these facts that said that ghs should blow out hhs, but if u look at it gallatin pulled out with the win with about 4 minutes left. so for me your stats arent anything. its how the game is played on the field not stats. and i have to a that 6-5a is a harder region then 5-5a. so we will see.

Did you play football?

Gallatin is 9-0 and ranked anywhere from 3rd to 1st in polls based on opinions. Now that doesn't mean a lot to me, and I doubt is does to you either. But why is it that so many think so highly of them, and region 6 does not? History? What history did Ravenwood have in their favor last year? Or Brentwood in 2002? Or Ezell-Harding?None that I can find. But did they win? Were they better than a lot of people thought? Yes. But could you, prior to the success each team had in their championship years, use "history" or "trends" to predict that they would win? No.

That is why your arguement is absolutely ridiculus . Teams from your own region, using your logic, would never have won titles. But they did. So I think I am more than justified in questioning your "football IQ" when you analyze teams based on previous years successed and failures.

Let's use your logic in some other scenarios:

UT versus Vandy. Nothing in "recent history" indicated that, even in a down year, Vandy would win in Rocky Top . But did they?

Let's keep it closer to home:

Station Camp High School. They, like Ravenwood last year, have very little history at all, good or bad. But they are now undefeated and are looking more and more like a team of destiny. I suppose, in your mind, they don't have a chance.

I will end with this one question for you:

At what point does "recent history" become irrelevant when you are analyzing how your team will do?

just1np, i believe that most if not all of the posters who have questioned Gallatins offense have been non-region 6 posters.

Region 6 posters have just been saying region 6 is a better region.

Gallatin might be the best team in this bracket, if they are however, the next four teams are region 6 teams. ( 5 counting Independence )

This IMO, we will just have to wait one week to see

Region 6 holds Gallatin and all of the playoff teams in Region 5 in the highest regard. That being said, how is it unjustified to think that Gallatin, or anyone else in the region just might have a tough time getting out of the 5 vs. 6 matchup? Why would anyone make such a bold assertion? I mean, their records are better, so are their statistics. Heck, they even have better athletes!

I don't know, maybe that pesky word that has you stumped looking for it to go away- History.

The fact that Brentwood, or Ravenwood, or Franklin made it to the 'Boro only validates my point that Region 6 has (here's that word again) historically been blessed with some very good teams.

Region 5, for all of it's records, standings, athletes, or statistics, could not knock them off.

When it was all said and done, it was a Region 6 team that advanced to the semis- usually after playing a Region 6 team in the quarters.

Until they turn the tables, Region 5 is what it is.

Region 6 holds Gallatin and all of the playoff teams in Region 5 in the highest regard. That being said, how is it unjustified to think that Gallatin, or anyone else in the region just might have a tough time getting out of the 5 vs. 6 matchup? Why would anyone make such a bold assertion? I mean, their records are better, so are their statistics. Heck, they even have better athletes!

I don't know, maybe that pesky word that has you stumped looking for it to go away- History.

The fact that Brentwood, or Ravenwood, or Franklin made it to the 'Boro only validates my point that Region 6 has (here's that word again) historically been blessed with some very good teams.

Region 5, for all of it's records, standings, athletes, or statistics, could not knock them off.

When it was all said and done, it was a Region 6 team that advanced to the semis- usually after playing a Region 6 team in the quarters.

Until they turn the tables, Region 5 is what it is.

You must be a stock broker.

You have totally avoided commenting on my points in regards to Ravenwood, Franklin, Brentwood, and Ezell-Harding. None of those teams had (here is your word again) history on their side. In fact, I think to say that Gallatin has had history in their favor in any of those match-ups. Am I wrong?

But, that didn't stop anybody did it?

This is really simple:

History does not help or hurt anyone in football.

That is why everyone starts out with a clean slate every year. Your attempt to use history to dictate what will happen in 2006 is foolish.

Why do you even follow football then? If history is that good of an indicator there is no reason to follow it very closely is there? Especially so closely as to post frequently on a message board.

I tell you what, let's settle this in another thread.

Stay tuned-

We have to start making believers out of 6-5A. Line them up and sit them down. One game at a time. When it is all said and done, these teams will say what everyone else has said. "This defense is too much for us. We are tired and they keep coming." If Ravenwood wants us first, then they can spread the word after the game. Be careful Raptors, remember, dinosaurs thought they would rule the world forever too. We see what happened to them.

ROLL WAVES ROLL!!!!!!

I think that the game on Friday night will let everyone know if Gallatin is for real. I believe they are but reserve thinking they can go all the way until I see how the Ravenwood game turns out. If they can pull it off and beat Ravenwood then they will prove they can hang with the boys from region 6 and the sky is the limit and that will give them all the confidence they will need to carry them through the rest of the way. Region 6 is chalked full of talent and if Gallatin can beat Ravenwood then they have a chance to beat the rest.