McMinn and Sevier Co.

TribeFan

If SC came to Athens last night to watch the McMinn / Bradley game they should have got a good idea of what they are up againist next week. McDermott rushed for 278 yards and scored 4 TD's....not to mention the 2 defensive TD's and the 1 special teams TD.....Can't wait till next week it should be a shoot out!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradley Central is not exactly the 70's Pittsburgh Steelers so I wouldn't get to fired up about that.

I think you can count BC' s wins over the last 4-5 years on 2 hands. The wins over W-B and O-R are quality wins and you rang up some points. Not so many against Farragut, Ooltewah and Cleveland.

In both of SCHS's losses the game was in doubt inside the last two minutes. At W-B in week 0 Watson fumbled a snap at about the 3 yard line with less than 2 minutes left in 17-12 game. After that Darren Walker broke a long run for the final of 24-12.

At D-B the Indians threw a 30 yard or so TD pass with about 30 seconds left to get the 16-13 win.

Not so sure this is going to be a shootout but time will tell.

McMinn had a very good game last night, but that was not a team as good as Sevier County is. Both teams have finished the season very strong and both have explosive offenses. The only thing I see is that Sevier County has a stronger Defense than McMinn does. This will be a very physical game with a lot of speed on the edges. Both teams are very physical up front and have really fast people in the special positions. If McMinn plays eight in the box like they usually do then I believe it will be long night with the receivers that Sevier County has (James Feezel, Trey Pippen, Daniel Cotter, Andrew Feezel,and the tight end Lee White) But if they do not play eight in the box then the big and physical line could open big holes for the very hard running runningback in Tyler Thomas. In McMinn they love just to give the ball to the outstanding back in McDerrmott he can make plays even when they is not a play their, but if you get away from McMinn running game their is not much their in the passing game. The quarter back is very fast and is a good scrambler, but he likes to get a lot of air under the ball open for interceptions. Both teams have had really big wins this season and very easily could be two of the best teams in the state, but have had a couple of let downs this seasons. I see Sevier County pulling out a close one with the home field and rowdy crowd. But I give both teams that they have had a really good season and sould fell good about how they have played this season.

Go Dogs

McMinn had a very good game last night, but that was not a team as good as Sevier County is. Both teams have finished the season very strong and both have explosive offenses. The only thing I see is that Sevier County has a stronger Defense than McMinn does. This will be a very physical game with a lot of speed on the edges. Both teams are very physical up front and have really fast people in the special positions. If McMinn plays eight in the box like they usually do then I believe it will be long night with the receivers that Sevier County has (James Feezel, Trey Pippen, Daniel Cotter, Andrew Feezel,and the tight end Lee White) But if they do not play eight in the box then the big and physical line could open big holes for the very hard running runningback in Tyler Thomas. In McMinn they love just to give the ball to the outstanding back in McDerrmott he can make plays even when they is not a play their, but if you get away from McMinn running game their is not much their in the passing game. The quarter back is very fast and is a good scrambler, but he likes to get a lot of air under the ball open for interceptions. Both teams have had really big wins this season and very easily could be two of the best teams in the state, but have had a couple of let downs this seasons. I see Sevier County pulling out a close one with the home field and rowdy crowd. But I give both teams that they have had a really good season and sould fell good about how they have played this season.

Go Dogs

McMinns QB will have the strongest arm and quickest feet that SC will have seen all year. The only time #8 will float the ball is on a 65 yd pass and let his recievers run under it anything else will be a bullet. Turnovers are the only key for the Cherokees they hang on they'll win.

McMinns QB will have the strongest arm and quickest feet that SC will have seen all year. The only time #8 will float the ball is on a 65 yd pass and let his recievers run under it anything else will be a bullet. Turnovers are the only key for the Cherokees they hang on they'll win.

From what I seen from him this year are deep passes I have not seen with hardly any short passes. It seems like McMinn either runs it or goes for a homerun pass deep.

1. McMinn had a very good game last night, but that was not a team as good as Sevier County is.

2. If McMinn plays eight in the box like they usually do then I believe it will be long night with the receivers that Sevier County has (James Feezel, Trey Pippen, Daniel Cotter, Andrew Feezel,and the tight end Lee White) But if they do not play eight in the box then the big and physical line could open big holes for the very hard running runningback in Tyler Thomas.

1. of course bradley isn't sevier co. but the point is mcminn came out against an average bradley squad and completely dominated the game in all 3 phases. i mean how many times do you see an opposing coach asking the game to be shortened?

i know sevier county has had good recent games. last week vs. bearden, wow, and against #1 DB. but what about recent wins over below avg teams in seymour, campbell co, and jeff co? not nearly as dominate as mcminn has shown against similar opponents in recent weeks.

2. If sevier county plays 8 in the box then i believe it will be a long night with the qb and receivers mcminn has. (i'm using the same argument b/c mcminn's qb has more passing yardage than sevier's) but if they do not play 8 in the box then the big and physical line could open big holes for the all-state candidate mcdermott (twice the yardage thomas has, 1500+ to 600)

ummm...when i use this thinking, i'm going to pick mcminn.

1. of course bradley isn't sevier co. but the point is mcminn came out against an average bradley squad and completely dominated the game in all 3 phases. i mean how many times do you see an opposing coach asking the game to be shortened?

i know sevier county has had good recent games. last week vs. bearden, wow, and against #1 DB. but what about recent wins over below avg teams in seymour, campbell co, and jeff co? not nearly as dominate as mcminn has shown against similar opponents in recent weeks.

2. If sevier county plays 8 in the box then i believe it will be a long night with the qb and receivers mcminn has. (i'm using the same argument b/c mcminn's qb has more passing yardage than sevier's) but if they do not play 8 in the box then the big and physical line could open big holes for the all-state candidate mcdermott (twice the yardage thomas has, 1500+ to 600)

ummm...when i use this thinking, i'm going to pick mcminn.

Yes you are right, but I think Sevier County has a better defense than McMinn. Another thing is yea Thomas does not have as many yards, but their is so many other athletes that get the ball (Shawn Hodge,Blake Wallace,and Corey Watson) that take a lot of yards away form him. In McMinn McDermott is the only really good back they got beside a couple of runs form the quarterback. If you stop McDermott than you stop McMinn. Plus Sevier County has been really good against the run this year, but has had trouble with the pass, and McMinn is a running team. Don't get me wrong I like your post it made a lot of sense, but I think Sevier County is a better team.

and you may very well be right. that's why i'm looking forward to next week's game. too bad i can't make it to sevierville.

"In McMinn McDermott is the only really good back they got" is kindof like saying that the Indy Colts don't have another good QB other than Manning. McMinn does have some good quality backups, but they are not going to give them carries instead of mcdermott. hello?

those couple of runs from the qb has amounted to over 400 yards.

4 receivers are averaging over 15 yards/catch (3 of them have over 10 receptions each and the 4th has about 5)

FBs run well (both over 5 ypc) just don't get a lot of carries.

be careful about the statement of "if you stop mcdermott, you stop mcminn" though.

1. Ooltewah's the only team that has been able to

2. mcminn beat Oak Ridge with mcdermott only playing the 1st qtr (left due to injury) and Soddy Daisy with mcdermott getting just a few carries (same injury).

mcminn's D may not be as good as sevier's but they've been pretty solid most of the year. prone to giving up the big play a couple of times a game, however. neither heritage nor BC got past midfield until they brought in the subs late in the games. I know heritage and BC aren't playoff calibur, but that's impressive nontheless. BC had a 1,000 yard rusher and had been able to move the ball on just about everyone they played.

of course, we could both go on and on i'm sure. so i'm done posting. looking forward to a good 1st round matchup.