McMinn and Sevier Co.

TribeFan

Of the five road games that we played we lost 3 of those five with all three of those coming within the first 4 weeks since then we have played pretty well on the road with wins againist Soddy Daisy , William Blount and went undefeated @ home. McMinn has won 6 in a row and is playing as well as I have seen a McMinn team play since the 2001 TSSAA Quarterfinalest team.

The three road losses came againist teams that went a combined 25-3 during this season. GO TRIBE!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You show as much class here as you did Thursday night at the GP - Midway game.

I'm surprised that SC coaches would tolerate such a display. Of course, they probably were not aware. I know Coach Hammonds would not allow such from his players.

All from Sevier County don't display such poor sportsmanship. So good luck against the tribe. Make those of us from Sevier, that wish to see the county teams do well, proud.

Just so ya know i wasn't at that game. And the guys who did had a lot of bearcrawls.

Bears come out slow in a lot of games, come out a lot harder second half. thats gotta stop if the bears want to advance deep into the playoffs. they' ve gotta come out firing on all cylinders like they did against bearden (35-0 at halftime). but the bears play big in big games. plus they have QB Corey Watson. the newspaper this morning says this about Watson: --- Passing: 995 yds. 9 TDs --- Rushing: 445 yds. 8 TDs. On defensive he has a couple picks and also has a couple punt returns for TDs. Mcminn will try to shut down watson, but i doubt they'll be able to

Sevier Co.- 28

McMinn- 21

Should be a great game

I'm going with a 2-5a sweep this year since 2-5a is obviously so down. That being said we look forward to totally shutting down McDermott again while Marshall runs wild. I'm glad McMinn has best back in 5a, and I'm glad ours is a JR.

Denlron we have more then McDermott.....We have Johnson,Cobb,Simpson,Smith, Matthews and many more. So go ahead and key on Trace and we will beat you with the others.

McMinn 31

Sevier County 24

GO TRIBE!!!!

Bears come out slow in a lot of games, come out a lot harder second half. thats gotta stop if the bears want to advance deep into the playoffs. they' ve gotta come out firing on all cylinders like they did against bearden (35-0 at halftime). but the bears play big in big games. plus they have QB Corey Watson. the newspaper this morning says this about Watson: --- Passing: 995 yds. 9 TDs --- Rushing: 445 yds. 8 TDs. On defensive he has a couple picks and also has a couple punt returns for TDs. Mcminn will try to shut down watson, but i doubt they'll be able to

Sevier Co.- 28

McMinn- 21

Should be a great game

The Bears have definitely been a Jekyl and Hyde team all year long - playing either up or down to the level of competition. Another factor to consider will be how the open date we had last week will effect this game. I know we needed a break from the grind of playing ten consecutive weeks but I wonder how much this long layoff will effect our offense? If we come out not executing or turning the ball over we might not have enough in the tank to overcome a very talented McMinn offense. As usual, in a contest like this between two evenly matched teams the one that makes the fewest mistakes and takes care of the ball the best will win.

At least the field should be in good shape. If nothing else the open date kept it from getting chewed up by the heavy rains so tonight's game won't be played on a cow pasture like some will be tonight. Should be perfect football weather also. Cold, Clear and Outdoors!

Welcome Tribe fans to the Bear Den!