Antoine Wiggins or Omar Wattad

Snowman16

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that simple because:

1. There isn't a big difference between them.

2. It depends on the system. Wiggins may fit in better at School A, while Wattad may fit in better at School B.

3. Wattad is a better defender and does a better job of taking charges and hitting the mid-range shot. Wiggins is longer, more athletic, and probably shoots the 3 a little better. Wattad has a body that is more college-ready, but Wiggins is more rangy.

4. Wiggins was hurt much of the summer, so it was hard to evaluate him.

5. They really aren't the same position. Wiggins is a 3, and Wattad is a 2 that could play 3 in the right system. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Wiggins without a doubt. Wattad will be transferring in a yr. He won't get on the floor at G'town.

It was not a question about whether he was going to play. And i do feel he will play at G town. but back to THE QUESTION. both players have the strengths. Wattad is a more disiplined player better defender and better ball handler. While Wiggins is very athletic and can make stuff happen. Great question... no real answer... depends on what you need

Intangibles....If they are that close to each other in talent and you can't pick one over the other, I would look at things like police record, attitude, grades, and injuries. You don't need to waste a scholarship on somebody who will not be able to contribute because they are in jail or hurt all the time or because they can't make the grade in college.

I know very little about either of these two. I have seen Wattad play twice and he is impressive. I have only seen Wiggins on the TV sports after a game and he too looked impressive.

I like Wiggins. He has a good attitude and doesnt point fingers.

Point fingers???? Who are you to know about Wattads attitude.... from what i have seen from the kid which is a lot.... he is a great teammate and i have no idea what the finger thing is... and to the person who took hess.... thats exactly why your NEVER going to be a coach... even someone who HATES omar would still take him over hess... personally i would take either of them with one arm over hess

Point fingers???? Who are you to know about Wattads attitude.... from what i have seen from the kid which is a lot.... he is a great teammate and i have no idea what the finger thing is... and to the person who took hess.... thats exactly why your NEVER going to be a coach... even someone who HATES omar would still take him over hess... personally i would take either of them with one arm over hess

the only reason you would take them over Hess is the height diffrence, if Hess was 3 or 4 inches taller you would not be saying that..... that is the only thing that separates them.... Hess can play on the inside with any post player around here and step outside a play out there also, so dont act like he cant play, he has proven that he can play with the big boys.........

Ill rephrase that he is not a team player I should say. Last year when I saw them play, Forney hustled and played harder than Omar. Omar is just longer and lankier. Im not saying that Forney is better but he should have deserved more. Omar is good thas no ques. I think Wiggins is more of a team player. Neither of three is definitely not going to win a beauty contest that is for sure.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

Ill rephrase that he is not a team player I should say. Last year when I saw them play, Forney hustled and played harder than Omar. Omar is just longer and lankier. Im not saying that Forney is better but he should have deserved more. Omar is good thas no ques. I think Wiggins is more of a team player. Neither of three is definitely not going to win a beauty contest that is for sure.

please Apparantly you did not watch many games. Forney was one of the biggest senior year chokes in SHHS histoy...if he would have played good in the tournament down the stretch Science Hill WOULD HAVE BEAT GREENVILLE. He scored a grand total of around 15to 20 points the whole post season... and science hill needed him as their other scorer not as a hustle player... down the stretch and against greenville... the defense shaded towards omar and shhs missed the shots..... i feel one thing that can be unquestioned is how hard wattad plays...maybe you watched the game they beat volunteer by 50...

please Apparantly you did not watch many games. Forney was one of the biggest senior year chokes in SHHS histoy...if he would have played good in the tournament down the stretch Science Hill WOULD HAVE BEAT GREENVILLE. He scored a grand total of around 15to 20 points the whole post season... and science hill needed him as their other scorer not as a hustle player... down the stretch and against greenville... the defense shaded towards omar and shhs missed the shots..... i feel one thing that can be unquestioned is how hard wattad plays...maybe you watched the game they beat volunteer by 50...

Well how can he score a lot with Omar taking 30 shots a game. Wouldve, Shouldve, Couldve SH got beat. Greeneville beat you guys a wk before that so go figure.

Well how can he score a lot with Omar taking 30 shots a game. Wouldve, Shouldve, Couldve SH got beat. Greeneville beat you guys a wk before that so go figure.

I think the answer is pretty obvious. Even though the talk on here has been going back and forth over this subject for over a year, Wattad has the D-1 letter of intent, not Wiggins. Wiggins is suppose to be getting all of the looks but Wattad has the paper from a Basketball Historical Power. I do however disagree that Wiggins is a 3 and wattad a 2. Realistically comparing builds and quickness it is probably vice versa.