Antoine Wiggins or Omar Wattad

Snowman16

i would take wiggins anyday of the week. i think he will be a much better college player than wattad and i have seen both of them play several times in the past couple of years. i think wattad is good just not georgetown good.

I wonder how long Wiggins can stay as hot as he is right now..avg nearly 28 ppg.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UT and Coach Pearl need to look at him and quit their bad history of ignoring local talent in virtually all sports. Carson Newman is always willing to pick up the slack of the unsupportive local "big U". Wiggins is likely too good for Carson Newman or Tusculum, but they are at least worthy of his consideration.

UT has always had the mentality of the "grass in greener on the other side". Case in point Bradshaw versus Humphries. Buzz sealed his fate by ignoring local talent.

Pearl should at least take heed and Wiggins and a few other locals deserve at least "a look".

Im sorry but the Tri-Cities has very few D-1(real good) talent. Yea you might have somebody slip up every now and be but Pearl will not take Wiggins. I havent seen him play and I look forward to see him in the Arbys. BTW Humphrey was looked by TN, they just stunk it up at the time. Buzz couldnt recruit worth a lick. He was just good for Watson and Lofton. Lets face it the Tri-Cities is weak. Wiggins is good and puttin up impressive numbers, but Id like to see him against a tough tough team. I think hes a slight underrated and he seems like he has a good attitude. He might be a good fit for Bruce Almighty. Just an opinion. Im anxious to see him @ the Arbys.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

Take Wiggins he is on his way Up, while Omar has passed his peak. He is still a good ballplayer but theres not much upside to taking him.

Omar got all his points against Central by being left alone when his man helped out on defense and he got wide open layups and a Dunk. There was no creating shots and in your face play.

Take Wiggins he is on his way Up, while Omar has passed his peak. He is still a good ballplayer but theres not much upside to taking him.

Omar got all his points against Central by being left alone when his man helped out on defense and he got wide open layups and a Dunk. There was no creating shots and in your face play.

omar had an off night shooting against central.....he has had a bad ankle ever since the lenior city game and he is not 100 percent...that can throw off his shooting....i would take wattad over wiggins....omar cares more about winning than his own individual performace and he plays with heart and he gets bagged my fans and refs everywhere he goes in the big 9 conference....

omar had an off night shooting against central.....he has had a bad ankle ever since the lenior city game and he is not 100 percent...that can throw off his shooting....i would take wattad over wiggins....omar cares more about winning than his own individual performace and he plays with heart and he gets bagged my fans and refs everywhere he goes in the big 9 conference....

So how are Omar's numbers?

Im sorry but the Tri-Cities has very few D-1(real good) talent. Yea you might have somebody slip up every now and be but Pearl will not take Wiggins. I havent seen him play and I look forward to see him in the Arbys. BTW Humphrey was looked by TN, they just stunk it up at the time. Buzz couldnt recruit worth a lick. He was just good for Watson and Lofton. Lets face it the Tri-Cities is weak. Wiggins is good and puttin up impressive numbers, but Id like to see him against a tough tough team. I think hes a slight underrated and he seems like he has a good attitude. He might be a good fit for Bruce Almighty. Just an opinion. Im anxious to see him @ the Arbys.

I believe Wiggins scored 25+ against Memphis Hamilton and their 6 D1 signees in last year's state tournament. I've always thought a pretty good indicator of a players ability is the respect shown after the game. At last years tourney, the players embraced after the game and talked in the tunnel and locker rooms for 30+ minutes after the game. I don't think there would be a down side to taking Wiggins or Omar...even if you think neither is upper SEC material, they are as good as we have seen in this area in a while. Let's look forward to the mid-season match up.

Are you saying wiggins only cares about his numbers versus winning as a team?

If so I would have to disagree. This guy is on unselfish person. He is not all about himself. If you watch him you will see how he shares the ball on offense and how he plays hard on defense. The reason he has a lot of points is because he does not miss much. He is a very accurate shooter.