BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can we officially eliminate Brian Rector from the list? The only job he should take in the future is the BA job--I think he's the perfect fit there to replace Flatt...but not for a few more years.

Go with Scales at QB....you HAVE to be mobile at the QB position this day in age, especially in such an athletic region. While his pure passing might not be up to Barlar's level, his running skills are actually very, very good for someone so young.

Think of the great QBs from this region...Mikrut could move a little, Eversen was a beast, McCurdy could outrun some DBs, obviously we all know about TC Jennings, and let's not forget the newest stud, Michael Becker.

Cordell also has proven that being a statue QB works against teams like Hillwood and CNE but against a blitzing defense...yikes.

I think it just depends on the players around you. I think of a guy like Matt Solima. He was more of a pocket QB, but he also had two solid recievers in Murray and Nichols. The reason it didn't work for Independence (and this is at least where I saw them) is that Cordell seems a little to impatient under pressure. When he's got time, he's gold. But it seems like he tries to force throws that he shouldn't make instead of scanning the entire field or throwing it away. As a senior, Cordell should be a little smarter with the ball and Indy should see the same success as the 03 Franklin team had.

As successful as Ravenwood has been, I see little way that they can keep that staff intact. There will be way too offers for those guys. They have done a simply remarkable job.

Herzog is indeed coaching at Ravenwood. Shuman has also been mentioned as a candidate for CHS. Every coach at Ravenwood was a big part in making that program what it is today and any one of them would make a fine head coach.

I think it just depends on the players around you. I think of a guy like Matt Solima. He was more of a pocket QB, but he also had two solid recievers in Murray and Nichols. The reason it didn't work for Independence (and this is at least where I saw them) is that Cordell seems a little to impatient under pressure. When he's got time, he's gold. But it seems like he tries to force throws that he shouldn't make instead of scanning the entire field or throwing it away. As a senior, Cordell should be a little smarter with the ball and Indy should see the same success as the 03 Franklin team had.

Cordell will never have the respect of his teammates. He will never be a leader.

Failing to attend offseason workouts doesn't help anyone improve. :thumb:

Cordell will never have the respect of his teammates. He will never be a leader.

Failing to attend offseason workouts doesn't help anyone improve. :lol:

Cordell better be careful. He may be a good QB, but Nick Smith proved that Zac's not the only QB who can lead the team. He had a good game while in relief, so Zac better straighten up and fly right, or else he might spend his senior year on the bench.

Edited by CHS 2007

Guest footballprincess

Failing to attend offseason workouts doesn't help anyone improve. :thumb:

You got that right about off season workouts! At least Indy has a feeder school (Heritage) where off season workouts are encouraged which certainly helps the high school. Freedom Middle has no such thing - never have had - and when the players get to CHS and are made come to workouts they balk! Working out and getting stronger is the answer, plus learning fundamental football skills. Some of the good quarterbacks you listed are walking examples of what working out and getting stronger can do for a player. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. I'm a girl and I know that!

You got that right about off season workouts! At least Indy has a feeder school (Heritage) where off season workouts are encouraged which certainly helps the high school. Freedom Middle has no such thing - never have had - and when the players get to CHS and are made come to workouts they balk! Working out and getting stronger is the answer, plus learning fundamental football skills. Some of the good quarterbacks you listed are walking examples of what working out and getting stronger can do for a player. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. I'm a girl and I know that!

Franklin gets Freedom players to and they do just fine. :o

i have some new news, thats not really surprising but worth mentioning.

Gregory will no longer be AD after the Christmas break.

we all new it was coming, but still...

No names yet in who could possibly take this spot, i would guess in the mean time Lifsey will oversee the athletics deptmartment, or mabye even one of the parents.

i have some new news, thats not really surprising but worth mentioning.

Gregory will no longer be AD after the Christmas break.

we all new it was coming, but still...

No names yet in who could possibly take this spot, i would guess in the mean time Lifsey will oversee the athletics deptmartment, or mabye even one of the parents.

I'm guessing this will almost certainly turn into a package deal, unless Kelly decides to step into this role. Again, not really a suprise. Gregory had been talking abour retirement long before the season started. I guess this means he won't be teaching after Christmas either.