District 11aa

wareagleblue

Mendenhall is a great player. Best in the state probably not. Who has she signed with? Who has been looking at her? I see on another post you guys have her named as miss basketball, you really should go see some other teams play.

We have seen other teams, like district 12aa teams, and when we went to sub state last year we saw Ezell Harding, dont worry about us we get to go play good teams deep into the basketball season, McNairy was said to have one of the better players last year but I think Mandy out played the whole team and obviously got smittygk00's attention. Hmmm Notice how he fell on the band wagon while watching her this summer and other teams. WHy dont you go talk up your best player, OH wait I know because she doesnt come close to matching up with Mandy. Its not your fault, you cant stop her, I smell a hint of Jealousy.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have seen other teams, like district 12aa teams, and when we went to sub state last year we saw Ezell Harding, dont worry about us we get to go play good teams deep into the basketball season, McNairy was said to have one of the better players last year but I think Mandy out played the whole team and obviously got smittygk00's attention. Hmmm Notice how he fell on the band wagon while watching her this summer and other teams. WHy dont you go talk up your best player, OH wait I know because she doesnt come close to matching up with Mandy. Its not your fault, you cant stop her, I smell a hint of Jealousy.

Not to mention Mandy outplaying Bianca Thomas in the region tourney who went to Ole Miss and won Miss Basketball she is a very good player...smittygk00 are you going to portland to watch the Portland play day this saturday

Not to mention Mandy outplaying Bianca Thomas in the region tourney who went to Ole Miss and won Miss Basketball she is a very good player...smittygk00 are you going to portland to watch the Portland play day this saturday

Yes, I will be at the playday. Harpeth has two good games lined up with Red Boiling Springs and Smith Co., and I will have my eyes on both games, as well as some of the other good games on tap for that day. I will have full updates as I can provide them for those of you who do not get to go.

As for what schools are looking at Mendenhall, I have spoken with Vanderbilt's assistant coaches personally about Mendenhall, and they are definitely interested. However, it seems how good Mendenhall is was not promoted by her coach, a VERY important part of the recruiting process. They handed out all of their scholarships (to my knowledge) before they got wind of her. Balcomb, Vandy's head coach, watched a lot of her games at the Vandy camps. And the game I was at, Mendenhall had somewhere around 35 points. She has other offers from top schools, though I have heard she wants to stay close to home, though. Someone should tell her to look at Belmont, a prgram on the rise with the probable 4-time A-Sun player of the year Alysha Clark. Those two could do some damage.

Yes, I will be at the playday. Harpeth has two good games lined up with Red Boiling Springs and Smith Co., and I will have my eyes on both games, as well as some of the other good games on tap for that day. I will have full updates as I can provide them for those of you who do not get to go.

As for what schools are looking at Mendenhall, I have spoken with Vanderbilt's assistant coaches personally about Mendenhall, and they are definitely interested. However, it seems how good Mendenhall is was not promoted by her coach, a VERY important part of the recruiting process. They handed out all of their scholarships (to my knowledge) before they got wind of her. Balcomb, Vandy's head coach, watched a lot of her games at the Vandy camps. And the game I was at, Mendenhall had somewhere around 35 points. She has other offers from top schools, though I have heard she wants to stay close to home, though. Someone should tell her to look at Belmont, a prgram on the rise with the probable 4-time A-Sun player of the year Alysha Clark. Those two could do some damage.

Yea i think I'm gonna go watch to see how all the conditioning paid off

I think this goes the same way as football, you cant put Goodpasture ahead of Alcoa til they beat them and you cant put sycamore ahead of harpeth til they beat them, which they have never done.

If you can claim that a team is going to improve on a 31-4 record and a sub-state appearance, before the first game is played, then I guess anything goes. Harpeth, has the best starting five in 11AA! However, that was true last year too and if you want to see the district championship hardware, you need to visit Sycamore.

Sycamore has the best top eight players by far and over the course of a long season that will win out. Also, I like ED over any first year head coach.

I can not wait for those games.

If you can claim that a team is going to improve on a 31-4 record and a sub-state appearance, before the first game is played, then I guess anything goes. Harpeth, has the best starting five in 11AA! However, that was true last year too and if you want to see the district championship hardware, you need to visit Sycamore.

Sycamore has the best top eight players by far and over the course of a long season that will win out. Also, I like ED over any first year head coach.

I can not wait for those games.

well its not his 1st year as a head coach its just his 1st year at Harpeth this isnt a normal coach either he learned under the great Pat Summit so iwant him and while you are on a throphy case visit come down to Harpeth and see the Back to Back Region titles we have and look at the record books and see how many times Sycamore has beaten Harpeth and who had the Regular season title so thats makes us district champs too

1. Quit your argueing and stop spouting off. I actually asked to rank the district from top to bottom. Only two of you, besides myself, have ranked the district. It sounds like you only know about your own personal team (especially those from Harpeth). Put your selections down in black and white, and see if you really know what you are talking about at the end of the season.

2. Where has Coach Johnson been a head coach before?

3. While Harpeth did not win the district title last year it does reside at Sycamore. Harpeth is the reigning region title holder, but alot of things have changed since last year. PREDICTION Sycamore will sweep Harpeth this year. One player does not make a team.

4. I watched the game, Harpeth vs. Chester Co. (Bianca Thomas), and if memory serves me correctly it was Ensminer who guarded Thomas, difference in game. I did not see any of the other region games (listened on radio), but according to the radio announcer it was Ensminer who shut the other teams' scorer down. I did see the substate game and it was Mendenhall's girl who ate Harpeth alive. Even if she has improved on defense by 4 fold it is not enough to play major D1 basketball. I seriosly doubt Florida is looking at her. Most major D1 schools are locked in by this time.

5. Finally, I just wanted to know what people were thinking about the district, not turn it into something personal.

1. Quit your argueing and stop spouting off. I actually asked to rank the district from top to bottom. Only two of you, besides myself, have ranked the district. It sounds like you only know about your own personal team (especially those from Harpeth). Put your selections down in black and white, and see if you really know what you are talking about at the end of the season.

3. While Harpeth did not win the district title last year it does reside at Sycamore. Harpeth is the reigning region title holder, but alot of things have changed since last year. PREDICTION Sycamore will sweep Harpeth this year. One player does not make a team.

4. I watched the game, Harpeth vs. Chester Co. (Bianca Thomas), and if memory serves me correctly it was Ensminer who guarded Thomas, difference in game. I did not see any of the other region games (listened on radio), but according to the radio announcer it was Ensminer who shut the other teams' scorer down. I did see the substate game and it was Mendenhall's girl who ate Harpeth alive. Even if she has improved on defense by 4 fold it is not enough to play major D1 basketball. I seriosly doubt Florida is looking at her. Most major D1 schools are locked in by this time.

5. Finally, I just wanted to know what people were thinking about the district, not turn it into something personal.

Whether you doubt that Florida is looking at her or not is irrelevant, they are/have. Most major D1 schools have made offers, but no school is locked until signing day. Her offensive talent is enough that big programs will look at her. Her defense can be improved and college coaches know how to do that. She will be fine.

As for Coach Johnson, that was actually an error on K-Town's part. He has not been a head coach before. However, he is not your everyday first-year coach. His problems will be in the administrative part of the job, not in basketball. His teams will be good, but their paperwork will be late.

As for district predictions, you are right, I do not know enough about most of the teams in this district. However, I know enough about the top two to say that the district title runs through Harpeth. Until Sycamore proves that they can beat them, something I understand they haven't done in a while, this district belongs to Harpeth. Sycamore may have the best first 8 players, but Harpeth has the best first 6. Can Sycamore apply pressure the whole game to wear them down without getting too far behind in the process? Can they be efficient enough inside or on the drive to get Harpeth in foul trouble? I do not think so, therefore, I choose Harpeth.

well if u go and look at my 1st post on this topic it say i agree with u if u just move Harpeth above Sycamore so there for that is a prediction sry not making it clear but how many times do we have to say we have more than one player Salem Richardson would be the best player on Sycamore's team not too mention Holli Flippo is a very talented player