Moore County Football : Return to the TOP?

phil24

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you former Coach. It really amazes me when these places with little or no athleticism in town start complaining when a coach doesnt win it all. Lynchburg has no true athletes. They have hard working boys that are good football players and they need a coach with a plan to make them successful. Marshall County made a really good decision to run Mac out of town a few years ago. You can tell that by their record over the last 2 years. Ha! I think Mac is an extremely intelligent coach, but furthermore he lives for the program that he is coaching in. He lives it! You cant get most people to give what he will give to a football program. His record speaks for itself. Marion County is another town with unrealistic expectations. They can have a really good coaching staff in place and then blow it by letting them leave town. Are you kidding me? If either one of these towns has success on a continual basis you can rest assured that it is the coaching staff. They do not have the athletes year in and year out to be great, but with a staff in place they can compete on a continual basis. In order to get a coach of this calibre to stay you must have all of your ducks in a row and the school and school system must make it appealing to stay. If you guys are lucky enough to get Mac back from Ripley you should consider yourself lucky and make it impossible for him to leave.

You are so right about Mac doing what it takes to make a winner. I can state this as a fact because I worked with him a volunteer on his staff while he was at Moore County. I have also coached in Arkansas and East Tennessee. In all my time of coaching I have never seen a coach that worked as hard as Mac does to win. Most nights during the season Mac and his staff would be there to the wee hours of the night and there on the weekends also. I grant you MC may not have as good athletes as some schools, but great athletes along do not make a winning program. You have to have a coaching staff that will out work and out coach the other coaches. With Mac and Moffett that was what happened.

You are also right about the people of MC doing what is needed to keep Mac. The fan support has gone to nothing when the stands where always full when Mac was there. In the 90's MC was a powerhouse that everyone feared. Now they are considered the laughing stock of 1-A football. One coaches in the region stated to me in the 90's "That our players are beat before they come on the field because they don't believe they can beat MC." How things have changed.

I will assure the people and players in Moore County, they will rise to the top of 1 A football with Mac back in town

How old is Red Roberts? Did he win much at Moore Co the first time he coached there?

Coach Roberts won a bunch at Moore County. He is around 60+. He was very popular with Moore County people. The key to his success would be assistant coaches. He was a lot younger the last time he was there but with hard working assistants he could be hard to handle.

Is there much money there for assistant positions?

I know when Mac was there he and Moffett pretty much did it all!

Do you not think TJ should get a chance? From what Ive seen and observed he is hard working and knowledgeable?

I think the pay is very competive with other schools in the area. I saw a pay scale a few months ago and Moore County pay plan looked good. I think TJ has already planning on a moving on. Coach Price is hanging up football. Moore County would probably be better off if they started over with all new coaches.