Moore County Football : Return to the TOP?

phil24

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last i heard coach montoye was still there. whos call do you think it will be to hire? i dont think mac would be welcome and dont believe roberts is wanting to start over. the talk about a indoor facility shows some one has no clue. that would be unheard of anywhere in this area.

Someone don't have a clue, it's you because Mac had one at Marshall County and it is a fact there is going to be one in Moore County. By the way Mac was in town.

People it is a done deal, school board passed new resolution allowing students from outside Moore County to come to school there. JD and county has okayed new indoor practice facility and Mac will be here Jan 1. So you can expext to see the Moore County program rise to the top again

HuHeHeHeHe... :P Not so fast. Someone needs to let Mac know about all of this.

People it is a done deal, school board passed new resolution allowing students from outside Moore County to come to school there. JD and county has okayed new indoor practice facility and Mac will be here Jan 1. So you can expext to see the Moore County program rise to the top again

Difficult to believe they have changed their policy to allow students from outside Metro to attend school. They have been very strong abouth that for a long time.

Difficult to believe they have changed their policy to allow students from outside Metro to attend school. They have been very strong abouth that for a long time.

They changed the policy in the mid-90's due to some of the problems the outside students were causing, especially at the high school. It was an option for students who got in trouble in their district schools to dodge suspension/expulsion. The size of the county could have forced a rethink on that as much as anything...it seems like the quality of the athletic programs dropped after the change.

(It can also be a purely monetary move as well...gets the ADA up :thumb: )

They changed the policy in the mid-90's due to some of the problems the outside students were causing, especially at the high school. It was an option for students who got in trouble in their district schools to dodge suspension/expulsion. The size of the county could have forced a rethink on that as much as anything...it seems like the quality of the athletic programs dropped after the change.

(It can also be a purely monetary move as well...gets the ADA up :thumb: )

The move to stop outside students coming to Moore County was pushed and brought about by one vindictive school board member in the 90's She is no longer a school board member and does not live in the county. She hated football and Mac so bad that she would do and did do anything she could to hurt football.

The move to stop outside students coming to Moore County was pushed and brought about by one vindictive school board member in the 90's She is no longer a school board member and does not live in the county. She hated football and Mac so bad that she would do and did do anything she could to hurt football.

Allowing outside students will help other sports. The principal is for it.

If you're talking about the board member that I think you are, she may not be a board member anymore, but I'm pretty sure she still lives in the county.

I have been around MC football since the 80's and I don't remember that many out of the county players. I can only think of two or three that contributed much to the team. One of those lived out of the county, but had attended Moore county schools since the 1st grade. I think that one lived in the county but had attended Tullahoma for a while and transferred to MC.

How many times did Mt Pleasant and Collinwood beat MC while he was there. Ole How soon we forget. If I am not mistaken we won the district every year in the 90's while Mac was there.

Lewisburg can't stop it. Jack Daniel has more power than Marshall County could ever think about having

Mt.Pleasant beat Moore Co. 3 times while Mac was coaching 1987,1991,& 1997. Collinwood never beat Moore Co. until Mac/Moffet went to Marshall Co. PowerSoftball go to the TSSAA website and it gives all time win/loss records. The only school Mac ever got dismissed from was Marshall Co. Cash money from boosters took Mac from Moore Co. I wish he never left. I hope Mac comes back to Moore Co. Moore Co. got very spoiled in the late 80's & 90's. Mac & Moore Co. get upset in the 2nd round & the little click in the town thought they where not getting the proper respect they wanted and showed their childish ways after the 2nd round loss. Look at Moore Co. now! He is winning again at Ripley High in Mississippi. Their in the the 2nd round of the playoffs after a 35-14 win. He is running the old wing-t from his days at Moore. Totally surprised he throws about 30-40% of the time.

Edited by 27mojo