William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, this DB team is not the team it was touted to be early in the season. For a while there I thought they were but when you finally discover that you only managed to beat a struggling Oak Ridge team for example, you can barely pull off a win over two other lower rated teams in your own conference - and only then with a little luck (Bearden and Sevier Co.), the writing on the wall becomes clear. And then to flounder like they did last night against a team that Bearden blew away, the picture is much more clear. At this rate, this team will be lucky to make it through 2 rounds of playoffs and will definitely not make it through round 3 - unless. Unless they get serious and get their hearts back in the game. They need to play smash mouth, all out football from the time the clock starts until they are 35+ points ahead (ie. that means the whole game in playoffs). They need to only run the ball enough to open the field sufficiently for a good passing game. They need to loose the conservative game play we’ve been seeing lately. Last night the offense was terrible. The defense had a justifiably hard time with an in your face SH offense. Right now, sadly, DB probably couldn't beat Bearden again. And frankly, they're going to have a rough time next Friday with William Blount - unless.

This team needs to find some motivation to be the best it can be. The motivation should be, in my opinion, a great head coach that is struggling right now with health issues in his own family. This team owes it to that coach, who has done so much for each of them, to do their best for him. If they can find that motivation, even Ooltewah doesn’t have a chance. If they can’t, William Blount takes the “upset”. As for a ridiculous prediction of a huge DB win earlier in the thread, in your dreams – which you obviously were engaged in when you made that post – that is UNLESS something changes.

Right now, this DB team is not the team it was touted to be early in the season. For a while there I thought they were but when you finally discover that you only managed to beat a struggling Oak Ridge team for example, you can barely pull off a win over two other lower rated teams in your own conference - and only then with a little luck (Bearden and Sevier Co.), the writing on the wall becomes clear. And then to flounder like they did last night against a team that Bearden blew away, the picture is much more clear. At this rate, this team will be lucky to make it through 2 rounds of playoffs and will definitely not make it through round 3 - unless. Unless they get serious and get their hearts back in the game. They need to play smash mouth, all out football from the time the clock starts until they are 35+ points ahead (ie. that means the whole game in playoffs). They need to only run the ball enough to open the field sufficiently for a good passing game. They need to loose the conservative game play we’ve been seeing lately. Last night the offense was terrible. The defense had a justifiably hard time with an in your face SH offense. Right now, sadly, DB probably couldn't beat Bearden again. And frankly, they're going to have a rough time next Friday with William Blount - unless.

This team needs to find some motivation to be the best it can be. The motivation should be, in my opinion, a great head coach that is struggling right now with health issues in his own family. This team owes it to that coach, who has done so much for each of them, to do their best for him. If they can find that motivation, even Ooltewah doesn’t have a chance. If they can’t, William Blount takes the “upset”. As for a ridiculous prediction of a huge DB win earlier in the thread, in your dreams – which you obviously were engaged in when you made that post – that is UNLESS something changes.

Good Post DBGRAD. I AGREE 100%

Before you people continue with these "lofty" score predictions, you might want to take a good hard look at the William Blount team and what they have done this year. They could be comming in with just one defete to Maryville. But some bad luck prevented that. William Blount can play with anybody and will be tough to beat

I don't know who will win but I say the score will be 17-14

Before you people continue with these "lofty" score predictions, you might want to take a good hard look at the William Blount team and what they have done this year. They could be comming in with just one defete to Maryville. But some bad luck prevented that. William Blount can play with anybody and will be tough to beat

That bad luck that made them 6-4 will be the same bad luck that makes them 6-5.

Good point Waco. They played Ooltewah close and they also defeated Sevier County, so the Govs shouldn't be taken lightly.