William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

It's FINALLY time to start this thread! The Govs go up to Kingsport to take on the #1 Dobyns Bennett Indians. One of the biggest 1 vs. 4 matchups of the entire playoffs, this one should be another classic. Govs fans probably remember in 2001 when William Blount took on a 10-0 Dobyns Bennett squad, that game ended up in one of the biggest wins in WB history, a great upset for the Govs. Can WB do it again? Dobyns Bennett is a great team this year, and I agree with their number one ranking. It will be an enormous challenge for the Govs, but, if we come out strong and keep it a game, WB has the talent this year to pull out the upset. More thoughts, opinions, comments?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's FINALLY time to start this thread! The Govs go up to Kingsport to take on the #1 Dobyns Bennett Indians. One of the biggest 1 vs. 4 matchups of the entire playoffs, this one should be another classic. Govs fans probably remember in 2001 when William Blount took on a 10-0 Dobyns Bennett squad, that game ended up in one of the biggest wins in WB history, a great upset for the Govs. Can WB do it again? Dobyns Bennett is a great team this year, and I agree with their number one ranking. It will be an enormous challenge for the Govs, but, if we come out strong and keep it a game, WB has the talent this year to pull out the upset. More thoughts, opinions, comments?

Alcoa fan up here in the Tri Cities. Good luck. I will make the trip to K'port hoping for a Gov upset. I think Scott will have you well prepared. It will be up to the kids. For some reason DB always plays tight in opening round games. Plus, despite the 10 and 0 record, they are not as talented as before IMHO. WB actually has the kind of scheme that drives Coach Clark and Watson crazy. DB has a weird scheme on offense, in fact, they try to do too much. Their leading rusher has 300 plus yards. They play tons of players but run too many formations for high school football. They are outstanding on special teams. This is their strength. I'm sure Coach Clark learned this from our old foe Ted Wilson. Will be interesting. WB just needs to hold on during the first quarter. If they do so it will be tight. Good Luck. Opinions from an Old Football Player!

Go Govs !!!

The Admirals will be rooting hard for their Region 2 brethren !!! I also think that if the Govs play really well, that they are capable of pulling the upset. I wouldn't put money on it, but I do think they are capable.

Hopefully the Admirals can get by Bearden again in the 1st round (I expect a really tough game) and then have a rematch at Farragut with the Govs.

Payback are heck Govs!! You find that out Friday Night in J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Bring 3,000 fans, pay the ticket price, eat out and get waxed!! The Dobyns-Bennett Indians will win this game and it will not be close or ever in doubt.

A 1 point win is enough when you get to the Playoffs... The Govs will be lucky to score that 1 point against the best Defense in the State.. any level!!

Won't say another word on this string

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians 37

William Blount 00

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Not to take anything away from my Kingsport Dobyns Bennett Indians, but unless Coach Clark and the Indian offense decides to show up, William Blount will be in the game til the end. The Science Hill game tonight was a great effort by the Indian defense. Science Hill was bigger and stronger, but nonetheless we held fast. Coach Clark apparently played VERY conservative. Throwing the ball is what is winning games, it is beyond me why we continue to try and grind the ball out up the middle with scat backs. GIVE ME LANE TAYLOR AND HE WILL TAKE YOU TO THE PROMISE LAND UP THE MIDDLE! Justin Sylvester and Marchez Barnes deserve to catch the ball out in the flat and take the option and sweep around the end, but a true fullback needs to run the ball up the middle, not "insert linebacker here". Dobyns Bennett's keys to victory against the Gov's is to do what it does best, throw the ball. Throwing the ball to Coty Sensabaugh, handing the ball off up the middle to Lane Taylor, and optioning the ball with Justin Sylvester/Marchez Barnes on the outside will help lead the Indians to victory. All we ask, as fans, is that you show up guys...this could be the year, reach down deep and find it inside you.

See the Walk

Hear the Drums

Fear the Tribe

Bub from Kingsport

Payback are heck Govs!! You find that out Friday Night in J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Bring 3,000 fans, pay the ticket price, eat out and get waxed!! The Dobyns-Bennett Indians will win this game and it will not be close or ever in doubt.

A 1 point win is enough when you get to the Playoffs... The Govs will be lucky to score that 1 point against the best Defense in the State.. any level!!

William Blount 00

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I hope the DB players are this confident....... :)

I don't know the exact numbers, but Clark is something like 130-21 at D-B. He's been in a big game or two. How can you dare question his play calling? He did what good, experienced football coaches do. He kept it conservative in the rain and got the W. Dont' worry about D-B's offense. They will be there and they will be well coached.

William Blount 00

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I agree DB should win this game, but "Defense in the State.. any level"!! IS A HUGE LAUGH!

That's Upper East Tennessee Defense your talking about, the home of No Gold Balls! Since 93 there has not been a Upper East TN team East of Sevier Co at any level bring home the gold. WB is not very good but, compaired to UETN they play tougher compeition without question. Good luck, but you'll get a game.

William Blount 00

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I agree DB should win this game, but "Best Defense in the State.. any level"!! IS A HUGE LAUGH!

That's Upper East Tennessee Defense your talking about, the home of No Gold Balls! Since 93 there has not been a Upper East TN team East of Sevier Co at any level bring home the gold. There is a reason for that. WB is not very good but, compaired to UETN they play tougher compeition without question. Good luck, but you'll get a game and it might be more than you counted on.