William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

Right now, this DB team is not the team it was touted to be early in the season. For a while there I thought they were but when you finally discover that you only managed to beat a struggling Oak Ridge team for example, you can barely pull off a win over two other lower rated teams in your own conference - and only then with a little luck (Bearden and Sevier Co.), the writing on the wall becomes clear. And then to flounder like they did last night against a team that Bearden blew away, the picture is much more clear. At this rate, this team will be lucky to make it through 2 rounds of playoffs and will definitely not make it through round 3 - unless. Unless they get serious and get their hearts back in the game. They need to play smash mouth, all out football from the time the clock starts until they are 35+ points ahead (ie. that means the whole game in playoffs). They need to only run the ball enough to open the field sufficiently for a good passing game. They need to loose the conservative game play we’ve been seeing lately. Last night the offense was terrible. The defense had a justifiably hard time with an in your face SH offense. Right now, sadly, DB probably couldn't beat Bearden again. And frankly, they're going to have a rough time next Friday with William Blount - unless.

This team needs to find some motivation to be the best it can be. The motivation should be, in my opinion, a great head coach that is struggling right now with health issues in his own family. This team owes it to that coach, who has done so much for each of them, to do their best for him. If they can find that motivation, even Ooltewah doesn’t have a chance. If they can’t, William Blount takes the “upset”. As for a ridiculous prediction of a huge DB win earlier in the thread, in your dreams – which you obviously were engaged in when you made that post – that is UNLESS something changes.

Well, Grad, just to show you how ridiculous your post was, Waco agreed with it 100%! Ouch! :D

A team just finishes up its regular season 10-0 and some of its "fans" jump on this board and claim it won't go two rounds into the playoffs and couldn't beat Bearden. You've got to be kidding. Let me tell you a little secret - every team that D-B plays gets up for their game with D-B. Bar none. The Oak Ridge team that D-B played early on was not the team that W-B played. By the WB game, it had lost its starting quarterback to injury and 4 starters were suspended for that game including the 2nd team quarterback. Some other teams beat a struggling OR team, but not D-B. "Barely pull off a win over two lower rated teams?" D-B kneeled twice on the 5 yard line to close out the Bearden game. Would you have preferred style points so the score could have been 17-6? Or maybe score and go for 2 so it could be 18-6? Sevier, a lower ranked team? Did you even look at the stats on their players - the size, the speed, the returners and the fact that Coach Clark picked them to finish first in the conference? That was a great win and proof that this team has as much heart as any you've seen. How could anyone watch the game against Science Hill and say this team needs to get its heart back in the game? Did you see the goal line stand early? Did you ever see Science Hill threaten again? Do we need to eliminate some drive killing penalties? Yes, but that means you need to get your head, not your heart in the game. And by the way, holding can be called on every play... :P

Having wrapped up the #1 seed and field advantage last week, do you really think Coach Clark should bring out all the weapons and show what this team is capable of offensively? Come on... get behind this group of young men. Don't be a lukewarm fan like some...

This Indian team has shown heart, determination and worked their butts off for every game they've played - and if you can't see that, you don't know much about the game or this team.

Roll Tribe! All the way to Murfreesboro!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Payback are heck Govs!! You find that out Friday Night in J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Bring 3,000 fans, pay the ticket price, eat out and get waxed!! The Dobyns-Bennett Indians will win this game and it will not be close or ever in doubt.

A 1 point win is enough when you get to the Playoffs... The Govs will be lucky to score that 1 point against the best Defense in the State.. any level!!

Won't say another word on this string

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians 37

William Blount 00

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Nice "hit and run" Art. Best hope your big talk rings true or many will be doing the Giddy Up all over you this time next week.

Well, Grad, just to show you how ridiculous your post was, Waco agreed with it 100%! Ouch! :thumb:

A team just finishes up its regular season 10-0 and some of its "fans" jump on this board and claim it won't go two rounds into the playoffs and couldn't beat Bearden. You've got to be kidding. Let me tell you a little secret - every team that D-B plays gets up for their game with D-B. Bar none. The Oak Ridge team that D-B played early on was not the team that W-B played. By the WB game, it had lost its starting quarterback to injury and 4 starters were suspended for that game including the 2nd team quarterback. Some other teams beat a struggling OR team, but not D-B. "Barely pull off a win over two lower rated teams?" D-B kneeled twice on the 5 yard line to close out the Bearden game. Would you have preferred style points so the score could have been 17-6? Or maybe score and go for 2 so it could be 18-6? Sevier, a lower ranked team? Did you even look at the stats on their players - the size, the speed, the returners and the fact that Coach Clark picked them to finish first in the conference? That was a great win and proof that this team has as much heart as any you've seen. How could anyone watch the game against Science Hill and say this team needs to get its heart back in the game? Did you see the goal line stand early? Did you ever see Science Hill threaten again? Do we need to eliminate some drive killing penalties? Yes, but that means you need to get your head, not your heart in the game. And by the way, holding can be called on every play... ;)

Having wrapped up the #1 seed and field advantage last week, do you really think Coach Clark should bring out all the weapons and show what this team is capable of offensively? Come on... get behind this group of young men. Don't be a lukewarm fan like some...

This Indian team has shown heart, determination and worked their butts off for every game they've played - and if you can't see that, you don't know much about the game or this team.

Roll Tribe! All the way to Murfreesboro!

AMEN Chomp!

Before you people continue with these "lofty" score predictions, you might want to take a good hard look at the William Blount team and what they have done this year. They could be comming in with just one defete to Maryville. But some bad luck prevented that. William Blount can play with anybody and will be tough to beat

I don't know who will win but I say the score will be 17-14

Great post, WaCo. It's good that some understand that this one will be a dog fight. I also agree with the score, this one could go either way.

They were trying to get their players back from Maryville.

Jealous

1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his rich brother.

2. feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.

Obsession

1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image,desire, etc

2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.

3. the state of being obsessed.

4. the act of obsessing.

Jealous

1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his rich brother.

2. feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.

Obsession

1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image,desire, etc

2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.

3. the state of being obsessed.

4. the act of obsessing.

Main Entry: an·tag·o·nism

Pronunciation: an-'ta-g&-"ni-z&m

Function: noun

1 a : opposition of a conflicting force, tendency, or principle <the antagonism of democracy to dictatorship> b : actively expressed opposition or hostility <antagonism between factions>

2 : opposition in physiological action; especially : interaction of two or more substances such that the action of any one of them on living cells or tissues is lessened

Main Entry: sar·casm

Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m

Function: noun

Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

synonym see WIT

Chomp......You're the Man! It's nice to know some of us love the Indians rain or shine. You must be doing something right when so many people relish in the thought that you just might "fail". This group of young men and coaches can't do that........they have already had a winning season and regardless how far they go in the playoffs that can't be taken away from them. They respect each other even if the competition and some fans don't!

Payback are heck Govs!! You find that out Friday Night in J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Bring 3,000 fans, pay the ticket price, eat out and get waxed!! The Dobyns-Bennett Indians will win this game and it will not be close or ever in doubt.

A 1 point win is enough when you get to the Playoffs... The Govs will be lucky to score that 1 point against the best Defense in the State.. any level!!

Won't say another word on this string

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians 37

William Blount 00

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Dear Art:

1. We've beat DB once ever and you've drilled us most every other time ... not sure what you're paying us back for.

2. Fortunately we've already played the best defense in the state this year ... DB's D won't even be in the same league as Maryville's.

3. Glad you're not going to say another word ... I almost died of hysterical laughter when I read this one. :(:(

4. It's neat how you used a personal photo as your avatar ... how do you get it to do that?

Good luck to DB ... you're playing a pretty decent #4 seed, don't overlook us.

Edited by GovMan

Dear Art:

1. We've beat DB once ever and you've drilled us most every other time ... not sure what you're paying us back for.

2. Fortunately we've already played the best defense in the state this year ... DB's D won't even be in the same league as Maryville's.

3. Glad you're not going to say another word ... I almost died of hysterical laughter when I read this one. :(:(

4. It's neat how you used a personal photo as your avatar ... how do you get it to do that?

Good luck to DB ... you're playing a pretty decent #4 seed, don't overlook us.

Looking at your games, WB is much better than thier record. I have not seen Maryville play this year, but I have seen DB play most of thier games. This defense is for real. The best one I have seen from DB. They are all fast and play with intensity. How is WB's defense. IF DB can put up some points, I don't think WB will put up more than 14, if that.