TG24

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main Entry: an·tag·o·nism

Pronunciation: an-'ta-g&-"ni-z&m

Function: noun

1 a : opposition of a conflicting force, tendency, or principle <the antagonism of democracy to dictatorship> b : actively expressed opposition or hostility <antagonism between factions>

2 : opposition in physiological action; especially : interaction of two or more substances such that the action of any one of them on living cells or tissues is lessened

Main Entry: sar·casm

Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m

Function: noun

Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

synonym see WIT

touche'

used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point :lol:

WB beat Sevier County. Regardless of when that happened in the season, that's all you need you know to realize why this will be a week of intense preparation for D-B. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this Gov team - they will not be overlooked by the Indians!

Roll tribe!

Region 1 IS weak, with the exception of Dobyns Bennett, there's no saying about it. It's a fact. Look at the head-to-head between Region 1 and Region 2.

Sevier County at William Blount- 12-24

Bearden at Farragut- 14-27

Jefferson County at Oak Ridge (a 5th place 5-5 OR team, by the way)- 7-48

Campbell County vs. Heritage- 14-29

Dobyns Bennett at Oak Ridge (the same 5th place 5-5 OR team) 33-10

That's a 1-4 record for the Region 1 teams.... not so good

Edited by TG24

Region 1 IS weak, with the exception of Dobyns Bennett, there's no saying about it. It's a fact. Look at the head-to-head between Region 1 and Region 2.

Sevier County at William Blount- 12-24

Bearden at Farragut- 14-27

Jefferson County at Oak Ridge (a 5th place 5-5 OR team, by the way)- 7-48

Campbell County vs. Heritage- 14-29

Dobyns Bennett at Oak Ridge (the same 5th place 5-5 OR team) 33-10

That's a 1-4 record for the Region 1 teams.... not so good

TG,

I won't dispute that Reg 2 is more competitive this year, but that 1 victory for Reg 1 is DB's win over a healthy Oak Ridge. DB has played their schedule and took care of business. We'll really see which region is stronger in the next few weeks. I look for DB to roll and Sevier Co. to upset Ooltewah in 2nd Rd. setting up a rematch.

It looks like most DB people really do not see the potential of William Blount. This is a solid team, just use the resources CoachT gives you and go check their schedule. DB ought to have an awsome week of practice to "roll" over this team. They need to keep their heads straight and focus on the game.

10-0 5 to go

Edited by 1_and_1_make_2

guys db is gonna have a great week of practice and we should come out strong i dont think its gonna be a blow out bc wb will run the clock with there wing t and keep it close but i say db 24 10 and yall lay of art hes just a real big indian fan and theres nothin wrong with that

I hope the DB players are this confident....... :lol:

I'm not sure which team you pull for...but I am sure they are confident that they will go out and beat every team. They may not think it will be the 37-0 but they should think they could win. :lol:

With statements like that, it's best that you don't say another word. :lol:

same to ya