Gordonsville vs. South Pitt

R. Willoughby

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gut Wrench Gary says that he is re-thinking his plans about going to Cosby. Gut Wrench Gary would like to meet G-Ville Tiger Pride. Gut Wrench Gary does not appreciate being called an idiot. Gut Wrench Gary will make G-Ville Tiger Pride bow down to him if Gut Wrench Gary decides to come to this game.

Zone,

Gut Wrench Gary is not an idiot. Slick Rick might be, but he is a Crusader, not a Pirate.

Slick Rick was just kidding about the hummer. Slick Rick will be driving a Blue Metallic car. Slick Rick may come, but Slick was really looking forward to Trousdale.

Slick Rick, We don't want you back in South Pitt. You have already put the Curse on us. Gut Wrench Gary says take your carcass over to Hartsville and jump in the Creek over there. Gut Wrench Gary says that Coach Skogen would love for you to go over there and scout for him.

Slick Rick, We don't want you back in South Pitt. You have already put the Curse on us. Gut Wrench Gary says take your carcass over to Hartsville and jump in the Creek over there. Gut Wrench Gary says that Coach Skogen would love for you to go over there and scout for him.

Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

Peace guys. Good Luck SP........... but I hope you lose! <_<

Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

Peace guys. Good Luck SP........... but I hope you lose! <_<

Gut Wrench Gary hopes you lose too. I might send Slick Richard over to the G-ville side to put the curse on you if he shows up.

Slick Rick may have to r@ck little gut wrench.

Richard,

Gut Wrench Gary says that you know it is true. Slick Rick can not R@ack the Gut Wrench. Slick Rick would get hurt.

I knew the South Pitt fans would be on here running their mouths.

ZonePirate seems to be the only one that has any sense.

People have underestimated G-ville all year.

Keep underestimating them and SP may sense some deja vu as with Temple.

It should be a good game, but I think GV comes out on top.

SP may have speed, but GV has seen speed from Smith Co., FCS, TC, and Westmoreland.

I hope you have something else besides speed and mouths. <_<

Old Pirate says very few S.P. fans think this will be anything other than a DOG FIGHT!

Old Pirate says the Pirates have yet to find out what it takes to win the BIG GAMES.

Old Pirate says the players should remember how it felt to loose to Temple,

Old Pirate says this one could be a dagger to the HEART!

Old Pirate says the Pirates have read to much SMOKE from loose lip fans regarding how good they are.

Old Pirate says the Pirates better buckle the chin straps for this one and play like they have not played in several weeks.

Alrighty, I think this old boy has remained silent long enough!

Zone, you wouldn't try to be getting a little info out of the young Bishop now would you? Help me out a bit if you can. If I am not mistaken Gordonsville and South Pitt have met seven times with South Pitt holding a 4-3 lead in the series. I also think when I was younger there were a couple of regular season games way back in the late 70's and South Pitt won one and Gordonsville won one. Now assuming my math is correct this would make 10 times Gordonsville and South Pitt have played. I think we can say there is a history here can't we. With the exception of a couple of them they have all been very competitive so we can hope this "history remains true Friday night.

Also someone alluded to the games back in 86 and 87. Any of you guys play then? Someone mentioned South Pitt's wonderful line in 86 and the fact Carl Lehr (hope I spelled it right.) was a good back well the night the Jet landed in Gordonsville he was more than just a good back! Anyway South Pitt had a very good rounded team and the single wing really rolled! How on Earth you guys lost is beyond me. Now the same person also mentioned in 87 South Pitt had their entire backfield out kind of as an excuse as to the 36-0 score. This is not to be misunderstood for cockiness but South Pitt could have had Notre Dame's Four Horsemen and it would not have mattered, not that night. See what I remember is South Pitt strutting on the field during warmups thinking it would all be the same. That cockiness remained until all the lights went out and we hit the field.*L* Actually the reason I said and stand behind my comment about the Four Horsemen is the mountain of a right tackle you guys had. You see we picked up a "hitch" in his stance and we had a very good idea of what South Pitt was going to run. Enough reminiscing! I have nothing but respect for South Pitt, their fans and players. For a small public school to play on the level a few teams in Class A do deserve respect.

Now for Friday night, Gordonsville get ready for an emotional surge to start the game. Stand your ground and make it through that then take care of business. Defensively stand up and hit them right in the mouth. Don't give up one inch without making them pay! Tackle with numbers and arrive in a very bad mood! OffensivelyTAKE CARE OF THE FOOTBALL!! Capitalize on opportunities Special teams do not give up the big play! Gordonsville-20 South Pitt-14

Good luck to both teams. Play hard, clean, and injury free! God bless!

SP and GV played at South Pittsburg in 1980 at the home coming on halloween night and GV was ranked number 2 in the state when there was only 3 classes and only 1 team from the districts made the play offs. The score was something like 36 to 6 with the pirates winning. GV won the return game up there but I don't remember if it was 79 or 81.

You were right about Lehr in 86. He was quick and could take a beating. In 87, the pirates lost their tail back Rodney Cummings and ended up starting some freshmen in the playoffs one of which was Patrick Pitts. It all fell on the BB/QB who had never had a bad game in his life as a 4 year starter until that night. He even muffed a punt, untouched trying to make too much out of too little. Too many unforced errors that night. One db/wb was done on the sidelines with a space blanket. Wasn't trying to make excuses. The pirates got killed that night as bad as the tigers did in 86. Take 5 or 6 starters from any team in the playoffs and it will have an effect and it did. Only 2 teams made it to the play offs in 86 and 87 and there were still only 3 classification so those were some good teams because most had to be pretty good to just get there! That was Lehr's first year as a starter at TB by the way because he was behing Johnny Cisco who set the pirate single season record and was broken by Lehr.

The side sadle single wing was fun to watch with a good crew and painful with a bad one! To many pirate faithful upset and moaned about it but it was part of the pirate mystic and most people, especially in the play offs didn't really know what to do with it defensively. There was also the misconception that you couldn't pass out of it. It sounds like this current crew could run the single wing real well with alternating tb and fb like in 1980 with tipton/hibbs and Chubb/Robinson.

This game should be interesting. I have seen some one blow the other out when they both had very good teams and many of those 9 previous games were blow outs.

I expect this one to be close, but it could end up like something from the past. The old Pirate faithful knows GV brings a crowd!!! <_< Wish I could be there!

LOL, you must be one of those Fence Jumpers I've been hearing about <_< . The only orange I wear is Pirate orange and I sure don't wear any purple. And I guess we will just have to disagree

Old Pirate says WAY-TO-Go Zone Pirate tell him.

Old Pirate says the fence jumpers ARE NOW reading about the Pirates as we new they would and dreaming about HOW IT COULD'VE BEEN

Old Pirate says it is difficult to understand fence jumpers

Old Pirate heard some are thinking about jumping back

DRIBBLE-DRIBBLE- DRIBBLE