Sycamore @ Meigs Co.

War Eagles

The War Eagles from Sycamore, the 4-3A #4 seed, heads to Meigs Co., the 3-3A #1 seed, next week to take on the Tigers. Sycamore is coming into this game with a 7-3 overall record and 3-3 in the region. Meigs Co. is 9-1 overall and and 8-0 in the region. Sycamore is coming off a bye week and 2 weeks of preparation for this Tiger team. Meigs beat Sequoyah tonight 39-16. I believe this will be a "barn-burner" till the end. Lohin and Carrigan will look to lead the Sycamore offense to help put up numbers on the board. Vanderford and Cannon anchor this Sycamore defense. I have said it all year long and I will say it again, Sycamore's defense is the key for them winning this game. Obiviously the offense has to score, but Sycamore's defense needs to be nearly mistake free and make big stops on 3rd down throughout the game. Sycamore's defense has progressed through the season just as the offense has and they need to keep on progressing forward. I believe Sycamore can stop Meigs "run" game and pass game. This group of Seniors, I believe, will NOT go down next Friday. Lots of Sycamore fans will be making the trip to this Class 3A 1st Round Game. I believe the game time is 6:00 CST and 7:00 EST. I hope the War Eagles make a run deep in the playoffs and just take it one game at a time. Good luck War Eagles.

Sycamore 28 Meigs Co. 21 :thumb:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance. Playing and beating Meigs at home is a very hard thing to do. It's kinda like the swamp. It's a tough place to win. Meigs will be on their A Game and be ready for this team. Meigs will surprise you. If you work all week on shuttin down the run, you will be surprised by their amazing passing and passing routes ran by recievers. If you work on just pass, boy your in for a time. And if you try to practice both, your just gonna run out of time. Its gonna be a good game, don't get me wrong. Meigs is definitely a second half team, and they will win at their home place. They wont let the fans thats been with them all year down. But if they do get beaten by Sycamore, they will go down fighting. They will not lay down one bit. They are not a team when you get a 2Td lead that will lay down. Thats when they battle the hardest. I know Meigs side will be packed and I hope we see a big crowd from Sycamore. Meigs had alot of hard hits against Sequoyah tonight, laying like 5 or 6 out. Good luck to both teams and to sycamore, have a good trip. You will be treated with the upmost respect. We are very sportsman like and hope to see a hard fought game won between whoever wants it the most. I believe Meigs has big advantage being home. Very high fan support

Meigs Wins

Sycamore 14

Meigs 28

GO TIGERS

Not a chance. Playing and beating Meigs at home is a very hard thing to do. It's kinda like the swamp. It's a tough place to win. Meigs will be on their A Game and be ready for this team. Meigs will surprise you. If you work all week on shuttin down the run, you will be surprised by their amazing passing and passing routes ran by recievers. If you work on just pass, boy your in for a time. And if you try to practice both, your just gonna run out of time. Its gonna be a good game, don't get me wrong. Meigs is definitely a second half team, and they will win at their home place. They wont let the fans thats been with them all year down. But if they do get beaten by Sycamore, they will go down fighting. They will not lay down one bit. They are not a team when you get a 2Td lead that will lay down. Thats when they battle the hardest. I know Meigs side will be packed and I hope we see a big crowd from Sycamore. Meigs had alot of hard hits against Sequoyah tonight, laying like 5 or 6 out. Good luck to both teams and to sycamore, have a good trip. You will be treated with the upmost respect. We are very sportsman like and hope to see a hard fought game won between whoever wants it the most. I believe Meigs has big advantage being home. Very high fan support

Meigs Wins

Sycamore 14

Meigs 28

GO TIGERS

Meigs is a good fundamental and solid team. They don't make many mistakes and are not one demensional. They hit hard and are very well coached. I will say though that Gator can't count. Sequoyah lost 2 players during the game. One was the QB on a helmet to helmet tackle after his knees were on the ground. The other was a receiver who took a shot in the back going across the middle. The biggest thing to deal with at Meigs County is the 14 or so points that belong to the officials when you get there. Yes Meigs is a tough place to play but the officials do not make it any easier. Don't even try and defend the pass because if you intercept it it will be called pass interference. Oh well good luck to both teams. Sycamore beware of the stripes.

I met the coaches from SYCAMORE last night they were a class act but I got the impression of a lot of concern after they saw our game I may be reading to much into this but they seemed to be worried how to stop meigs co. then again they may have frontin....... class act all the way.I know our coaches were already hard at work on their film before they went home last night MEIGS 26 Sycamore 19

Sycamore will win if everyone plays as a team....................................

Never heard of Sycamore, so can't speak to their strengths or weaknesses.

Meigs is a solid, tough and smart team playing on their homefield - the Turtle. (You'll see what I mean when you get there. Sit up high so you can see the other side of the field.)

They have a good combination of power running and passing, though the passing is not nearly as amazing as they think. It is good and they use it smartly. The Mobrient brothers, especially the runner, bring the lumber, so you're D line and backers better be just as big and strong because they will beat on you. Like Polk last year with Hamby, they wear you down.

QB Tyler Roberts has started at the helm for 6 years it seems and does some a good job running the offense.

Good luck to Meigs and all of the 3A teams.

Meigs is a good fundamental and solid team. They don't make many mistakes and are not one demensional. They hit hard and are very well coached. I will say though that Gator can't count. Sequoyah lost 2 players during the game. One was the QB on a helmet to helmet tackle after his knees were on the ground. The other was a receiver who took a shot in the back going across the middle. The biggest thing to deal with at Meigs County is the 14 or so points that belong to the officials when you get there. Yes Meigs is a tough place to play but the officials do not make it any easier. Don't even try and defend the pass because if you intercept it it will be called pass interference. Oh well good luck to both teams. Sycamore beware of the stripes.

bama 14 you seem to try to say meigs took some cheap shots--youve got to be kidding --that is the most undiscleplined football team i have ever seen. there is a reason the program is in the shambles that it is ---nice cheap shot on charlie mobriant on the kickoff --the sequoyah player went right for the knees --it didnt matter to sequoyah because they are going home as usual--but trying to take players out is classless---both players hurt were clean hits and you know it --oh yeah nice move putting your starters in with 1 minute left to get a score on meigs freshman hope you felt good about that. --and concerning the interception called back are you serious that was as blatant as could ever be---sequoyah needs to worry a whole lot more on class and clean play as well as getting to be competitive instead of worrying about referees and acting classless on the sidelines.