Riverdale vs. Warren County

Atakpu and McClain had monster games.

wow, couldnt agree more, both had career nights. atakpu with a MONSTER hit (best hit ive seen all season), a 58 yard INT return, and a 13 yard rushing touchdown. mcclain with a big INT, 8 rushes for 63 yards and 2 TDs, and 2 TD receptions. both his receptions where amazing, the first a deep pass from thomas with a diving catch, the second was a deflected pass to another reciever but jeremy was in possition and caught it right in the endzone.

our passing game was decent tonight. scott was a little off target on a couple passes and a couple were dropped, but he was 3-6 for 43 yards. back up trey smith did well to going 2-2 for 37 yards.

really as i stated in another thread, i wasnt satisfied tonight though and i wont be unless we have flawless performances like against smyrna. thats what its gonna take to win state, so i want our team to start getting more serious about it. i really guess i cant complain much, but of course my expectations are sky high, don't want to see a repeat of last year where we simply were not prepared :blink:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did the ref throw a flag on that??

I guess they were just trying to fire everyone up?

are you saying you didnt think it warranted a flag or that you dont think it can be flagged by rule? you would know if there was a rule better than i would, but at the same time i know you wouldnt question a flag if it was thrown for someone stomping on oaklands logo :blink:

also i forgot to mention our defense coming up with 6 takeaways (4 INT, 2 fumbles), and putting up 6 points (58 yard INT return from ben atakpu). so yea i bet i sound crazy as a "unsatisfied fan," but anything short of a championship is unacceptable to me and the entire program, so i want us to take it to a whole nother level. step our game up now, its the playoffs after all :lol:

are you saying you didnt think it warranted a flag or that you dont think it can be flagged by rule? you would know if there was a rule better than i would, but at the same time i know you wouldnt question a flag if it was thrown for someone stomping on oaklands logo :blink:

also i forgot to mention our defense coming up with 6 takeaways (4 INT, 2 fumbles), and putting up 6 points (58 yard INT return from ben atakpu). so yea i bet i sound crazy as a "unsatisfied fan," but anything short of a championship is unacceptable to me and the entire program, so i want us to take it to a whole nother level. step our game up now, its the playoffs after all :lol:

I had never heard of refs throwing a flag for that .....so if they took the flag back....guess it can't be a rule?

I had never heard of refs throwing a flag for that .....so if they took the flag back....guess it can't be a rule?

I think it was the only way a ref can show his displeasure with it and to show both teams that kind of stuff would not be tolerated.

On the whole I think it was a very good move on the refs part. :thumb:

Yes I just said something positive about a ref. :)

The crew we had tonight was VERY good and professional in my opinion. To them Thank You for doing a good job. :huh:

this was just a busines as usual game kinda like oaklna dlast week not much fire from the team although i do think when Warren COunty stomped on our midfeild arrow i think it might have gotten some attention on the sidelines by some coaches and players

Really not much to report on this game Atakpu tackeld this guy and the runner went higher than anybody on the feild it was like he picked him up and sent him flying upwards hard to explain but that was a perfect form tackle we made some nice picks and played good defense as always WC got a nice cheap shot on scott that we deflected but we still caught it for a TD their lineman TATTOOED Scott on that play he took aboout 4 steps to get him the flag was thrown but we scored so no consequence i am pretty sure scott felt that hit and will still feel it tomorrow LOL not much else to add

Yes... But it came down to numbers. Warren Co had some great kids who played hard. But a lot of them played both ways, even on special teams. #50 was amazing! Made a lot of tackles and on one play in particular, ran down the field instead of giving up and when the tailback stopped to make a cut behind a block, tackled him from behind. It was only a distance of 3 or 4 yards but covered that ground in a hurry! I think his name was Dunn? Is anyone looking at him???

How many seniors does Warren Co lose off of this team?

Dunn happens to be the first cousin of Riverdale #64 Michael Pope. He is visiting MTSU tomorrow. Has visited Vandy several times, Louisville, Auburn, Kentucky and TTU. He has a younger brother Casey who was #11 for WC.

wc is a classless team they were throwing cheap shots all night

(AND FROM A LATER POST BY OLDSCHOOL PIONEER:)

Riverdale will not win state this year; you may have beat lowly Warren County but you are not up to the competition in Tn. without Gary Rankin; SORRY

Wow. I couldn't disagree more with those two statements.

Edited by SportsEd

I thought WC gathering on the arrowhead was hilarious, although that probably is just because I'm from Warren County too...I felt like they did it to get their own intensity, not to tick off Riverdale, but I would imagine it did tick Riverdale off as it would me if someone did that in our stadium. I know several of the players and know that hardly anyone in WC had any confidence for tonight, which may have really hurt them during preparing for tonight. Maybe they'll remember that 1st quarter come this time next year and know that they can play with anyone.

I thought WC gathering on the arrowhead was hilarious, although that probably is just because I'm from Warren County too...I felt like they did it to get their own intensity, not to tick off Riverdale, but I would imagine it did tick Riverdale off as it would me if someone did that in our stadium. I know several of the players and know that hardly anyone in WC had any confidence for tonight, which may have really hurt them during preparing for tonight. Maybe they'll remember that 1st quarter come this time next year and know that they can play with anyone.

As a warrior fan, I thought it was great. There wasn't much hype about this game and it helped to step it up a bit.

Riverdale will not win state this year; you may have beat lowly Warren County but you are not up to the competition in Tn. without Gary Rankin; SORRY

HAHA, like we wouldnt beat smyrna, make the playoffs, or win region without rankin. keep dreaming buddy. i see your old school, must have been past your bed time when you made that statement