smyrna vs coffe county

82cat

I say it's not their year because they have to get past riverdale

And who's to say they dont? You? Since when were you the authority on who wins and who losses? Almost 10 years ago, a certain team from the boro other than Riverdale finished 8-2, runner-up to the Warriors, but beat them in the playoffs on their way to a gold ball. Is Smyrna good enough to do it? I think their record proves that they are good enough to beat Riverdale. Any given friday.............

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee County is in the weakest region in 5A. A 4-6 team doesnt deserve a playoff spot much less a 3rd place finish. If Coffee County were in Smyrnas region they wouldnt even be in the playoffs. Heck, if Coffee County were in Tullahomas region they wouldnt even be in the playoffs and thats a 4A region. Breeden could have made the playoffs every year in this region. I'm sorry its just a joke. There needs to be a realignment. Bring some of those teams in Rutherford County down into this region. Some of those teams that didnt even make the playoffs might win this region. They deserve a shot. Coffee County could go 2-8 and make the playoffs. Thats just uncalled for.

A playoff game should be a reward for teams that have had a good season. Coffee County has not had a good season. Who have they beaten? Smyrna will win this game and all but one team in Coffee Counties region will lose. Congrats to Smyrna for finishing second in your region. That truly is an accomplishment. Again...there needs to be a realignment to put things into perspective and bring some folks back down to reality. Give the Rutherford County Teams a chance. Spread em out and let some other Counties have a taste. Instead of watching them beat up on each other put some in Coffee Counties Region.

Lets see how that plays out.

Coffee County is in the weakest region in 5A. A 4-6 team doesnt deserve a playoff spot much less a 3rd place finish. If Coffee County were in Smyrnas region they wouldnt even be in the playoffs. Heck, if Coffee County were in Tullahomas region they wouldnt even be in the playoffs and thats a 4A region. Breeden could have made the playoffs every year in this region. I'm sorry its just a joke. There needs to be a realignment. Bring some of those teams in Rutherford County down into this region. Some of those teams that didnt even make the playoffs might win this region. They deserve a shot. Coffee County could go 2-8 and make the playoffs. Thats just uncalled for.

A playoff game should be a reward for teams that have had a good season. Coffee County has not had a good season. Who have they beaten? Smyrna will win this game and all but one team in Coffee Counties region will lose. Congrats to Smyrna for finishing second in your region. That truly is an accomplishment. Again...there needs to be a realignment to put things into perspective and bring some folks back down to reality. Give the Rutherford County Teams a chance. Spread em out and let some other Counties have a taste. Instead of watching them beat up on each other put some in Coffee Counties Region.

Lets see how that plays out.

Great idea, and if the TSSAA wasnt so geographically focused, I think someone would be able to pull it off. Pretty soon, Rutherford County, maybe even Murfreesboro, will have their own region

Who's to say that it isnt going to be Smyrna's year? They went 8-2 with their only losses being to Riverdale and Ravenwood, thats 2 pretty darn good programs. As for the game, im going for the jugular, this will be no contest, smyrna will roll by at least 3 td's and show the kind of execution and teamwork they showed in the first half of the season

Excellent point Grad ... St Louis Cardinals should have never won the world series ... but right now they are singing "We Are the Champions"!!!

And who's to say they dont? You? Since when were you the authority on who wins and who losses? Almost 10 years ago, a certain team from the boro other than Riverdale finished 8-2, runner-up to the Warriors, but beat them in the playoffs on their way to a gold ball. Is Smyrna good enough to do it? I think their record proves that they are good enough to beat Riverdale. Any given friday.............

It's nice to finally see somebody using some common football knowledge on here. I clap my hands for you.

hate to throw out a cliche but it is very true

strange things happen once everyone gets to the playoffs and everyone is 0-0

No doubt....anything can happen on Friday Night....they play the games for a reason. I think CC will have to play a perfect game to win just because of the athleticism that Smyrna brings to the table....can Coffee County do it....sure they can and they are gonna throw everything they have at them.....and Smyrna is gonna do their best to not let that happen!