Morristown East & West

splainshornets

You folks have as good a soap opera going on as there is in the whole state. I can understand why there is so much animosity between the two schools since they are in the same town, but this is getting hilarious. Of course, this has been going on for quite a while. What is the answer for all of your 'woes'?

The answer is for people to grow up. However, I don't see that happenning anytime soon.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime you have more than 1 school in a city there is going to be a rivalry, it's the nature of the beast. As long as it's a healthy rivalry it's not a problem, the problems arise due to adults not being adults which then spills over to the students. We as adults and fans need to set the example of respect for the other school. The West/East rivalry should be on par with the Tennessee/Alabama rivalry one of mutual respect. I have a unique view of the West/East rivalry in that I graduated from East, my wife from West, 2 children from East and a son that plays at West so I have seen it from both sides. Believe me it all depends on which side of the fence you are on, before my son went to West I felt the Tribune showed a West bias now it looks like an East bias. I am sure they try as hard as they can to be as equal as they can,, obviously they want to sell papers to both sides.

As I have said in a prvious post a perfect year for me would be East loosing 2 games each year, to West in the regular season and in the playoffs, not because I don't "like" East but because my son plays for West. We are all residents of Morristown/Hamblen County and should be fans of the other school anytime they are playing someone else.

I really don't think you will ever see one high school it would be too large. When a 3rd school is built (believe me it will happen) it will be interesting to see the new rivalries.

Good luck to both teams in the playoffs, I hope to see a West/East rematch in the quarter finals. Burke-Toney will be rockin.

Anytime you have more than 1 school in a city there is going to be a rivalry, it's the nature of the beast. As long as it's a healthy rivalry it's not a problem, the problems arise due to adults not being adults which then spills over to the students. We as adults and fans need to set the example of respect for the other school. The West/East rivalry should be on par with the Tennessee/Alabama rivalry one of mutual respect. I have a unique view of the West/East rivalry in that I graduated from East, my wife from West, 2 children from East and a son that plays at West so I have seen it from both sides. Believe me it all depends on which side of the fence you are on, before my son went to West I felt the Tribune showed a West bias now it looks like an East bias. I am sure they try as hard as they can to be as equal as they can,, obviously they want to sell papers to both sides.

As I have said in a prvious post a perfect year for me would be East loosing 2 games each year, to West in the regular season and in the playoffs, not because I don't "like" East but because my son plays for West. We are all residents of Morristown/Hamblen County and should be fans of the other school anytime they are playing someone else.

I really don't think you will ever see one high school it would be too large. When a 3rd school is built (believe me it will happen) it will be interesting to see the new rivalries.

Good luck to both teams in the playoffs, I hope to see a West/East rematch in the quarter finals. Burke-Toney will be rockin.

Very well said! <_<

Teams swap film with each other and to obtain it otherwise is not illegal but it sure is sneaky. CRY CRY CRY about the tribune.......boo hoo. Here is another joke for you, you have a clue.

Thank you for making my point about film!!!

I won't comment on the tribune further........nothing has to be said just looked at every Sunday AM.

As far as crying, If you review my posts you will see that I am laughing most of time!

I am not sure about "having a clue"???? I guess my clue is:

MWest - 10/0

M'East - 7/3

No joke!

Who Do Boo Hoo? LOL!

Thank you for making my point about film!!!

I won't comment on the tribune further........nothing has to be said just looked at every Sunday AM.

As far as crying, If you review my posts you will see that I am laughing most of time!

I am not sure about "having a clue"???? I guess my clue is:

MWest - 10/0

M'East - 7/3

No joke!

Who Do Boo Hoo? LOL!

The tide is turning. Write it down.

You people are funny. I went to an east baseball game last year and all the fans were beetchin at brian trent for being west biased. I come on here and all the west fans are claiming east biased. Someone is ignorant and it appears to be both sides.

WoW, ignorant is a strong term!!! But funny in it's own way!!! What do you think 72?