Treadwell@milan

bulldoggfan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several years ago Treadwell came to Huntingdon to play the Mustangs and they were over an hour late getting here. The field was muddy much like last weekend. Our band gave a concert for several minutes around the track and finally the Treadwell bus came around the south lot following the local Pizza Hut delivery car. It was hilarious to say the least. The Treadwell players got off the bus and did about 5 short sprints and threw about 20 warm-up passes and began play. After the game Mansfield offered them a chance to cleanup and shower in the locker room but they refused and loaded up the bus and drove back to Memphis with muddy uniforms still on. Every now and then this game comes up and we still laugh about it. The Mustangs won big too. :)

I know the Mustang players and fans are disappointed about how this year turned out. It seemed like every thing bad that could happen did happen, from the opening game with Camden to the Humboldt game. Most teams would have folded but they kept fighting through it all and we're all proud of that.

Good luck to the Bulldogs. I think Milan has another strong physical team and are the only team on this side of the bracket to give Goodpasture a run for their money. I'm looking forward to that game in the semi's at "friendly Johnnie Hale Stadium"....

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Several years ago Treadwell came to Huntingdon to play the Mustangs and they were over an hour late getting here. The field was muddy much like last weekend. Our band gave a concert for several minutes around the track and finally the Treadwell bus came around the south lot following the local Pizza Hut delivery car. It was hilarious to say the least. The Treadwell players got off the bus and did about 5 short sprints and threw about 20 warm-up passes and began play. After the game Mansfield offered them a chance to cleanup and shower in the locker room but they refused and loaded up the bus and drove back to Memphis with muddy uniforms still on. Every now and then this game comes up and we still laugh about it. The Mustangs won big too. :)

I know the Mustang players and fans are disappointed about how this year turned out. It seemed like every thing bad that could happen did happen, from the opening game with Camden to the Humboldt game. Most teams would have folded but they kept fighting through it all and we're all proud of that.

Good luck to the Bulldogs. I think Milan has another strong physical team and are the only team on this side of the bracket to give Goodpasture a run for their money. I'm looking forward to that game in the semi's at "friendly Johnnie Hale Stadium"....

Thanks for the support

You Mustangs did have a bad year. I am sure there are a lot of disappointed people in Huntingdon right now and i can promise you some of us in Milan are also. We always want to play the best and over the last few years you have had some of the best teams West TN had to offer. I know we should be strong for the next few years, hopefully we can make a run or two to the Boro' and bring back another Gold ball.

Several years ago Treadwell came to Huntingdon to play the Mustangs and they were over an hour late getting here. The field was muddy much like last weekend. Our band gave a concert for several minutes around the track and finally the Treadwell bus came around the south lot following the local Pizza Hut delivery car. It was hilarious to say the least. The Treadwell players got off the bus and did about 5 short sprints and threw about 20 warm-up passes and began play. After the game Mansfield offered them a chance to cleanup and shower in the locker room but they refused and loaded up the bus and drove back to Memphis with muddy uniforms still on. Every now and then this game comes up and we still laugh about it. The Mustangs won big too. :blink:

Thats before Herbert Kendall was the coach there. Kendall is a class act and he has a big task of turning that program around. He added Albert Means as the DC and they are on the way up.

uh oh..its killin me its killin me..im comin to milan this weekend for sure!!! is fulmer going to be at milan watchin kirby and wells or something? more hints more hints :lol:

No but good guess. if your not real familiar with the team then it might not seem like that big of a deal friday, but if you a true milan fan its gonna be HUGE! you will know about it before kickoff if you pay real close attention, if not you'll hear the cheers and figure it out

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

No but good guess. if your not real familiar with the team then it might not seem like that big of a deal friday, but if you a true milan fan its gonna be HUGE! you will know about it before kickoff if you pay real close attention, if not you'll hear the cheers and figure it out

your killin us bulldawgD! please post as soon as the game is over! Best of luck to Milan. Milan plays with class and its teams like yours you love to see take it all! good luck to all our teams. hoping for four big wins and praying for no injuries!