FAIRVIEW vs. LEWIS COUNTY

Stat_pack1

Thank you! Good Luck to all! :thumb:

Same to you Msquacks! After reading some of this about both schools I guess the teams should feel fortunate to be allowed to play in the play-offs. I think its a great experience for both sets of young men..regardless of the outcome.

I have been reading so much neg. its a shame. If so and so was playing here or the weather was this, or if this was last year or 20 years ago this would have happen.....wish they would just deal with the now.....CONGRADS TO BOTH TEAMS FOR MAKING IT THIS FOR.....And again... ENJOY!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any knowledgable Lewis Co. fan will tell you that the old region Lewis was in was tougher than what they are playing in now.

Ask them about Harpeth, Loretto, Fairview team from 2002 and 2004, the Waverly team from 2002. All these teams plus I can name some more would win this region easily this year.

The talent level at these schools have dropped in the last couple years. Loretto is a joke. Waverly is not that good, IMO. Richland doesn't have the talent it use to. I remeber playing a region schedule where you couldn't take an off night cause you could end up with a L, that happen in 2002 when Waverly came in and destroyed us on Senior night. I remember playing Lewis Co. and dreading it because of players like David Sharpe and Dailey (they were some big boys). They don't have anyone that puts fears in anyone's eye anymore. So all I am saying is the talent level and competivness of the schools has decreased.

I know Harpeth and Fairview both would relish the chance to be in Region 6 than Region 5.

Just my opinion.

every school goes thru a couple (4-8) good years then a few (4-8) bad years...it jus happens that way...it is something that happens to just about everysingle highschool in the country, camden has had a great couple of years...give them a few more and theyll be down, i dont know bout as low as loretto but will be bout in sc's place...waverly's program is picking up here pretty drastically, and the next couple will be wonderful after the boys from last year's jr high team gits up to playing the ppl they playd in jr high....goodpasture, cpa, and the other private schools will also have a couple bad years, i dont know if theyll be as bad as public school's rebuilding years but they will have them...right now, goodpasture, cpa, fairview, lewis co, and camden are about at peak for theyer couple years...they will start to decrease while the others (dca, harpeth, ezell-harding, stewart co, loretto, riverside and the others) will start to come up...waverly, houston co, adamsville and a couple others have done started showin signs of coming outa tha closets and actually competing...

every school goes thru a couple (4-8) good years then a few (4-8) bad years...it jus happens that way...it is something that happens to just about everysingle highschool in the country, camden has had a great couple of years...give them a few more and theyll be down, i dont know bout as low as loretto but will be bout in sc's place...waverly's program is picking up here pretty drastically, and the next couple will be wonderful after the boys from last year's jr high team gits up to playing the ppl they playd in jr high....goodpasture, cpa, and the other private schools will also have a couple bad years, i dont know if theyll be as bad as public school's rebuilding years but they will have them...right now, goodpasture, cpa, fairview, lewis co, and camden are about at peak for theyer couple years...they will start to decrease while the others (dca, harpeth, ezell-harding, stewart co, loretto, riverside and the others) will start to come up...waverly, houston co, adamsville and a couple others have done started showin signs of coming outa tha closets and actually competing...

I don't think Lewis will for a while.......the group right now..freshman , soph, and jr. all played middle school and had a record of 25-3, so based on that.....looks good at least for a couple of more years....FYI..they have a freshman and quite a few sophs starting now....can only hope...smile. But I agree...schools go through those cycles alot....dont know about private ones..but public diffently...Wish you fellows good luck in the playoffs...tell the kids to enjoy the moment.....and do their best and they will walk with pride regardless of the outcome!

Waverly will be a pushover Friday night. You will see the difference in play Friday night between Region 5 and Region 6, I promise you that. The verdict is still out on Fairview. I haven't seen them play enough this year to make a sound prediction.

The verdict is still out on Fairview since you haven't seen them play enough this year? How many times have you seen Waverly play this year? That's what I thought.

Waverly a pushover? What about Fairview? Remember 62-19 and 51-6?

Edited by papatiger

Same to you Msquacks! After reading some of this about both schools I guess the teams should feel fortunate to be allowed to play in the play-offs. I think its a great experience for both sets of young men..regardless of the outcome.

I have been reading so much neg. its a shame. If so and so was playing here or the weather was this, or if this was last year or 20 years ago this would have happen.....wish they would just deal with the now.....CONGRADS TO BOTH TEAMS FOR MAKING IT THIS FOR.....And again... ENJOY!

So true! I was just home a week ago (washington/idaho area) and football is ok but its not played with so much as heart as here. I see how fortunate these players are to be playing and so many people doing for them. Up there they are striving for their kids to be 'politically correct' rather than leave the politics to the adults and enjoy this time in their lives-- your only a kid once and you only get to play high school football 4 years!

Boys! Have the time of your life and relish every minute of it! But remember its ok to stretch a hand out and help your opposing team player up- he is giving his all too. :) My husband's family is from the good 'ol south, and I thank God I can raise my boys here! God's Country! Football Country! LOL

Again-- Good luck EVERYONE! Nothing set in stone until it's done! :thumb:

THE ONE THING THAT MIGHT KEEP FAIRVIEW CLOSE IS TEAM SPEED. IF THEY HAVE TEAM SPEED THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO A FEW THINGS ON OFFENSE AGAINST LEWIS COUNTY. I GOT TO WATCH FAIRVIEW PLAY CPA, SO IT IS HARD TO ASSESS HOW THEIR TEAM SPEED IS. CPA WAS WAY TO GOOD FOR FAIRVIEW. MY PREDICTION GOES TO LC BY 10. 24-14

Edited by wreaking havoc

Quit talking about Waverly being good. They were just better than the 6 HORRIBLE teams in region 6. The good teams they played beat them pretty handily. Don't talk crap if you haven't done anything to prove yourself.

Have you seen Waverly play? Didn't think so. I assume you are from Fairview since you're talking this way. Who has Fairview beat? They are only better than the lower tier of their region. When Fairview played their top two teams they were beat 62-19 and 51-6. When Waverly played their top two they were beat 24-0 and 41-9. Ummm......

Actually I believe you're being a hypocrite.... Fairview got beat badly, so did waverly. You make it out like losing like that is any better... Fairview stinks just as much as Waverly, they are both making it out like they are better than most people when they get smeared all over by the 2 good teams in the region. There are 4 very good teams in the 2 regions and those aren't Fairview or Waverly.

Actually I believe you're being a hypocrite.... Fairview got beat badly, so did waverly. You make it out like losing like that is any better... Fairview stinks just as much as Waverly, they are both making it out like they are better than most people when they get smeared all over by the 2 good teams in the region. There are 4 very good teams in the 2 regions and those aren't Fairview or Waverly.

Your right about one thing, he is a hypocrite. I'm not sure that Waverly or Fairview stinks though. We are not as good as CPA, Goodpasture, Camden or Lewis but we don't stink. Most points scored against Camden in any game this year? Waverly 9 should of been 10 bad snap on extra point. Could easily have been 17 but receiver dropped a 4th down pass at 4 yard line. He was wide open too.

Edited by papatiger