Dragon Football

don222

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add a line coach. Hit weights , do summer workouts, show up and pass every night. Rattle the halls in school and get more players out for football. Believe in coaches and their system. I predict a 6-4 record and 4 place finish in region.

:thumb:

You nailed it. Hard work is the only way to continue to improve and improving is what we are doing. We need some guys to step up and lead the team. Back your coaches players and parents. I see next year looking good. I like the 6-4. I also heard the Coach Stone from the middle school is coming aboard and if they really get lucky Minga will be there as well. Stone is a super role model and coach I don't think Andy could ask for much better.

You nailed it. Hard work is the only way to continue to improve and improving is what we are doing. We need some guys to step up and lead the team. Back your coaches players and parents. I see next year looking good. I like the 6-4. I also heard the Coach Stone from the middle school is coming aboard and if they really get lucky Minga will be there as well. Stone is a super role model and coach I don't think Andy could ask for much better.

I think it would be good if Stone came over. Do you think our offense will stay as is?

I think four games will be right and another improvement of 100%. With maybe a glimmer of 5-5 like Halls had this year. To do that you need to bulk up the Offensive line.

Maryville, Central, West & Halls will be hard to beat. Oak Ridge even though Stanton Stevens is on the hot seat for missing the playoffs will still have a quality squad. So those probably would be the L's.

The rubber game could be Anderson Co. That could be a W.

Then of course Campbell Co.,Lenoir City, South Doyle and I hate to say it Powell should be in the win column.Powell will struggle next year they lose nearly everyone that mattered on D and Cruze and Huffy on offense they will have to rebuild from scratch like Halls did this year.

Edited by Baseballmad

I don't see this team winning six, but they should be able to win more than 2. Maryville, Central, West, and Halls should beat this team next year, but Clinton should win against South Doyle, Lenoir City, and Powell. Throw in a win against Campbell County, assuming the new schedule includes them, and you guys should win 4 or 5.

I saw Throw out Oak Ridge and Anderson County and add Union and Chuckey Doak and There is ur 6-4 season goldballs. But I agree have your kids hit the weights hardcore this off season give your football team some support! Number 1 thing to do this offseason make sure Hazelnut doesnt leave! :lol:

I think it would be good if Stone came over. Do you think our offense will stay as is?

Yes I think the offense will stay and will improve I think we have a quarterback right now that can get the ball where he needs to. We need to work on protecting the QB so that he has time to pass. And as the offense gets more comfortable with the plays yeah we will do alright. And as for the comment below RE: Hazelhurst....He has proven to be a good player but there are others who also stepped up and I think that there are more coming from the underclassmen that will make an impact. Not directed at Hazelhurst, but for the players that do leave for greener pastures they don't always shine as bright some where else. I hope he stays as well as I hope all the players that have their heart and soul in it stay and for those that choose to butt heads with the coaches and for the parents who choose to want to run the program I hear AC and OR may be needing some people next year.

i believe the underclassmen will step up. some of this year's underclassmen have showed that they plan to step up by staying for varisty pratice and being ball boys for varisty games. they may not be playing varisty postitions but they are helping better varisty.

There has been a better overall team spirit and unity this year. This is what makes a group of young men a team. The seniors have laid a good foundation for the upcoming seniors to be role models and mentors to the younger players. I really think that there is some strong character in the younger dragons and hopefully that will continue to grow not only on the field but off the field. Regardless of being Varsity, JV, or Freshmen you are ALL part of the same team and should be building the program together which is what I saw the PLAYERS do.