ALL TIME GREATEST PLAYER IN TN

CHS 2007

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry Galbreath was another great from Tennessee that played at Clarkville High School.After going to UT he played several seasons with Miami,Green Bay,and a year with the Jets.

Travis Stephens from Clarksville High also went to Tennessee and played a couple of years for the Houston Texans.

Another good HS player in his day was Jimmy Hockaday from Brentwood Academy,who went on to play for Vince Dooley's Georgia Bulldogs. From what I've read,Hockadays been working the press box helping make adjustments for Coach Jon Offutt's Springfield Yellow Jackets.

Bubba Miller went to UT,and came from Brentwood Academy.He went on to play several years with the NO Saints.

Is Richard Dent from TN, or did he just play at TSU?

A player who could have been among the greatest was Ralph Thompson from Hillwood. I think he graduated in '90. He won the 100M and 110M hurdles in the state track meet his senior year. He signed with UGA and I think played as a freshman, and was MVP of the spring game the following year...and then got into some trouble and never really contributed. Not sure exactly what happened to him...but he was a stud.

Edited by big red big blue