I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, i cant believe i am posting on a womens basketball message board. i have watched cocke countys girls team the last three years i have been in school and it has seemed like i was staring at a wall. But last night at sullivan central it was actually fun to watch. morgan buda is lightning fast! i can see cocke county winning 13 or 14 games this year. that is alot for cocke county. cocke county girls will definately shock some people this year.

We're just about a week and a half into the season (pre-season tourneys/HOF games, etc)...

Whats the report around the conference?

I know Jeff County upset(?) Farragut earlier this week at the Chop House.

West lost to Heritage in a HOF game and play South Greene on Monday in what may be a competitive game.

Cocke County starts off 2-0 behind a lineup with 2 SRs, 2 FR and rotating sophomores. Beat Sullivan Central 68-61. Beat Pigeon Forge by 11. Without poor free-throw shooting (shooting 55.1% as a team) - those two wins may have been bigger, the led PF by 20 midway through four last week.

Greeneville lost to Stone Memorial (New school in Crossville) but whipped Happy Valley and some school from Florida in Shelbyville by a 63-11 score. yes, 11. They play Moore County today, and Elizabethton on Tuesday in a competitive match-up.

Morristown East won the Sullivan Central pre-season tourney (field included East, Cherokee, Volunteer, Sullivan Central, Crockett and Johnson County)....in what seemed like a less than spectacular field of teams.

Cherokee meanwhile struggled in that tourney it seems like from reports.

Thats just what I've read and seen......i'm sure - lol - a lot of other folks have their own opinions and reports :thumb:

We're just about a week and a half into the season (pre-season tourneys/HOF games, etc)...

Whats the report around the conference?

I know Jeff County upset(?) Farragut earlier this week at the Chop House.

West lost to Heritage in a HOF game and play South Greene on Monday in what may be a competitive game.

Cocke County starts off 2-0 behind a lineup with 2 SRs, 2 FR and rotating sophomores. Beat Sullivan Central 68-61. Beat Pigeon Forge by 11. Without poor free-throw shooting (shooting 55.1% as a team) - those two wins may have been bigger, the led PF by 20 midway through four last week.

Greeneville lost to Stone Memorial (New school in Crossville) but whipped Happy Valley and some school from Florida in Shelbyville by a 63-11 score. yes, 11. They play Moore County today, and Elizabethton on Tuesday in a competitive match-up.

Morristown East won the Sullivan Central pre-season tourney (field included East, Cherokee, Volunteer, Sullivan Central, Crockett and Johnson County)....in what seemed like a less than spectacular field of teams.

Cherokee meanwhile struggled in that tourney it seems like from reports.

Thats just what I've read and seen......i'm sure - lol - a lot of other folks have their own opinions and reports :thumb:

Jefferson County lost to D-B friday, which is unusual.

Jefferson County lost to D-B friday, which is unusual.

DB had a good game plan against Jeff Co. friday night and out rebounded JC especially offesively. DB had 16 offensive rebounds. Jeff Co. didn't exactly have a great shooting night and were def. shorter than DB in the post and still were w/in one possession away from winning the game. DB and Jeff Co. will play atleast 2 more times and DB is looking good heading into the Big 9. I would not be surprised to see them at the top of the conference this year.

DB had a good game plan against Jeff Co. friday night and out rebounded JC especially offesively. DB had 16 offensive rebounds. Jeff Co. didn't exactly have a great shooting night and were def. shorter than DB in the post and still were w/in one possession away from winning the game. DB and Jeff Co. will play atleast 2 more times and DB is looking good heading into the Big 9. I would not be surprised to see them at the top of the conference this year.

Is this the same DB who got killed by Elizabethton at home last week?

And the same Jeff Co. that beat Farragut?

Wow.