I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

One of the strongest? I would have to lean more toward one of the weakest.

Jefferson County will be about like they were last year, around .500, West will be about the same. Both are well coached, but don't appear to have the talent to keep up with the better teams from Knoxville and the middle part of the state.

Cocke County, Cherokee and East? Well we know what to historically expect from them and I expect the same - not much.

I guess that leaves greeneville to win it, and with Nicole that's about all it will take. Though you are right, the new coach got by with Burkey's talent and Burkey's system.

I would disagree that the new coach got by with Burkey's talent. He was a good man, but had no discipline. I also would say that you don't make it to the final four in the state tournament on leftovers from a previous coach. The coaching staff at greeneville did an excellent job with what they had to work with. They almost beat a team from Shelbyville that had a lot more talent than them. Greeneville has only lost two players from last years team.

One of the two players was a senior. The other was someone who wanted to focus on another sport. When you have that many players coming back and you have a coaching staff that has had the summer to work with the kids you should expect good results for this year.

Greeneville scrimmaged this past weekend at South Greene and won both games. The beat Dobyns Bennett by 24 and beat South Greene by 4. They still have a lot to work on, but with the other teams in their league I see them to win the conference.

Morristown west also had a couple of girls quit over the summer.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would disagree that the new coach got by with Burkey's talent. He was a good man, but had no discipline. I also would say that you don't make it to the final four in the state tournament on leftovers from a previous coach. The coaching staff at greeneville did an excellent job with what they had to work with. They almost beat a team from Shelbyville that had a lot more talent than them. Greeneville has only lost two players from last years team.

One of the two players was a senior. The other was someone who wanted to focus on another sport. When you have that many players coming back and you have a coaching staff that has had the summer to work with the kids you should expect good results for this year.

Greeneville scrimmaged this past weekend at South Greene and won both games. The beat Dobyns Bennett by 24 and beat South Greene by 4. They still have a lot to work on, but with the other teams in their league I see them to win the conference.

As I said, the IMAC will be weeeak this season.

Who takes Anderson and Forney's starting spots for the Devils?

For anyone who saw the South Greene scrimmage, how are the Rebels looking so far? I know they have alot of young talent returning.

Samantha White and Rachel Collins should start...although this is a very deep bench with Duncan, King, McIntyre and Payne. Carter, Deans and Dickson have plenty of help in their quest for region 1 domination.

Edited by barb

I haven't heard of anyone that quit over the summer..who?

White & Duncan both quit last year and I don't think they are playing again this year. At the South Greene scrimmage the starters were Carter (point), McIntyre (wing), Lamons (wing), Deans (post), & Dickson (post). Collins came in as the first sub. I expect the Lady Devis will have to play a lot of Deans, Collins, & Dickson together. Scoring from the outside might be a problem. Who knows, you might even have to move Carter to a wing and play a freshman at the point. Speed will definitely be an assett for Greeneville. If they can ever buy into the philosophy of pressing and pressure defense, WOW.

White & Duncan both quit last year and I don't think they are playing again this year. At the South Greene scrimmage the starters were Carter (point), McIntyre (wing), Lamons (wing), Deans (post), & Dickson (post). Collins came in as the first sub. I expect the Lady Devis will have to play a lot of Deans, Collins, & Dickson together. Scoring from the outside might be a problem. Who knows, you might even have to move Carter to a wing and play a freshman at the point. Speed will definitely be an assett for Greeneville. If they can ever buy into the philosophy of pressing and pressure defense, WOW.

If they quit last year how was that over this summer?