I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Sophomore Brittany Watson stepped up big for West. Katie LeMarr had a good game and Lauren Jones was great on defense.

Tell me more about how Brittany Watson played. She and my daughter, who plays at Daniel Boone, played pee-wee basketball together before they moved to Morristown. She's a good girl. Got to say hi to her and talk with her family again for a while at the Carson-Newman scrimmage day.

Edited by bucdaddio

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me more about how Brittany Watson played. She and my daughter, who plays at Daniel Boone, played pee-wee basketball together before they moved to Morristown. She's a good girl. Got to say hi to her and talk with her family again for a while at the Carson-Newman scrimmage day.

Brittany has been playing very well coming off the bench. She has been the best 3 pt shooter. She is indeed a great kid--love the whole family! She is playing more with more consistency on defense and limiting turnovers. She always gives 100%.

Jefferson County 52, Cocke County 24

You are right rock, for all the talent we've heard about, all they did was jack up shots. And with their height advantage, you would expect them to have rebounded better.

Morristown West edged Cherokee by 4 greeneville and east are gonna make up their game at a later date.

They never got in a flow or in-sync and didnt shoot the ball well to shoot it that much.

Didnt think Cocke County took advantage of their height well. They went into the trap in the corner and didnt really try to get the ball inside, it felt like. Of course, they missed on my count 16 shots from 3-feet from the hoop.

Youthful talent. Some nights they look like freshman, some nights they look like All-Conference players.....

I thought Cocke County could pull out the win, they'd played with a lot of excitement so far this year... and that didnt come out tonight. Also said the game would be won on outside shooting and I think Elliott had 18 from three tonight..

What else happened in the rest of the IMAC? What was the West/Cherokee score? East/Greeneville (I'm assuming they played considering the other 4 teams were locked up)? Any reports on the game(s) besides just the score?

West beat Cherokee 38-34

Greeneville and East boys played. The Girls game between the two will be made up later. Greeneville is in a tournament at TN High this weekend.

West beat Cherokee 38-34

Greeneville and East boys played. The Girls game between the two will be made up later. Greeneville is in a tournament at TN High this weekend.

Any notes on the West/Cherokee game? Sounds like the same West team that kept winning close games in the Chop House Classic. Anyone seen anything from Cherokee?

Any indications as to when the Girl's contest between East & Greeneville will be made up at this time?

Looks like the schedule this week for conference games:

Tuesday:

Greeneviille at Cocke County

Jefferson County at Morristown West

Friday:

Greeneville at Cherokee

Morristown East at Jefferson County

Cocke County at Morristown West

What does everyone think?

I think Greeneville walks through Cocke County and Cherokee.

The two games involving Jefferson County I think are both dog fights. It is difficult to know what to expect from East, and from what I have seen West is having trouble scoring. Jeff County really put it to Cocke County Friday night, but how much of that was poor execution by Cocke County, or better playing by Jeff County still seems to be up for debate.

The Cocke County/West game I think comes down to if the Cocke County girls can gain some composure on the road. If they can, then they could give West a tough time.