I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Greene County Ladies Classic:

PTP, your question has some merit.

I think once you are in, then you can keep coming back, especially if you have had success or bring a lot of fans. Sevier County qualifies for both. Jeff County has had limited success, but always brings a good crowd.

Maryville and Webb are recent additions that seem to do well, and what Tourny would not want Glory Johnson to headline it? Wilson Cental is defending AAA champ, Shelbyville is the runnerup, and Briarcrest is supposed to be the real deal.

Morristown West is back after several years of absence, it will be interesting after drawing Wilson Central if they will return next year. The two Kentucky schools I had heard are both highly thought of, and Caroll is usually pretty good, but Greeneville just dispatched them in Bristol, so who knows.

I can't find fault with the selection process, whatever it is. It is a really well run tournament, and I am confident that the second day matchups are going to be worth twice the $6.00 admission.

:thumb::thumb::o:P

What I want to know is what happened to Auburn prospect Domika Holt in the East-Jeff Co. game? Seems like their coach would want his SEC-caliber player in the game the second half instead of on the bench the whole time.

:D

King, that was not needed! She cannot help what her well intentioned friends say about her. She had a rough night the other night. Leave it at that....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck is a Devilette?

Never mind...I have to consider the source...why don't we give all the IMAC girls stupid sounding sexist nicknames. We can call the Jeff county girls the Patrio-ettes (okay that one is stupid), MoEast can be the Hurricanettes, and west can be the Trojanettes. I don't think I can type the Cockettes without snickering(okay I can). Cherokee can just be the Squaws. And why we are at it let's call Pat and tell her we are changing their name to the Volettes...c'mon ray don't make it so easy on me.

Back in the day the lady vols were called the "Volettes".

My issue with Crumbley was her game coaching.

She may in fact be an excellent practice coach (We're talkin about practice, man). She may be an excellent woman who can rally the team. But I thought on several instances, she really learned on the job during games. I guess thats Ok, considering Greeneville knew what they hired.

There were a handful of instances last year in the handful of Greeneville games that puzzled me. Calling timeouts when GHS didnt have the ball, not playing your best player when a team is chipping at the lead, stuff like that.

Perhaps she's improved, but my issue was her in-game coaching and that may have been in fact on the job training.

Of course, Greeneville has a good PG and Dickson and three good/decent role players right now.

Galyon's team has serious issues on shooting the basketball. It seems Katie LeMarr has the team on her back. They really need to establish an inside game and it seems the combos they are using just isnt working inside.

Potts always does a good job and has a handful of his players working well together and playing good defense. He has no size though and that may show in coming weeks.

Livesay at East has always been a good coach, see his days at Hancock County. He's built this team at East and has a ton of experience - he like Galyon at West - didnt lose much to graduation. Just glanced at their schedule and it seems like East has been up and down in their wins. Defeated a solid Sullivan Central team by 19 and Class A Cosby by 3.

O'Neil at Cocke County is a decent game coach. And while he does have good Freshman talent - he desperately counts on his seniors to balance it out. In three wins this season, senior post Nikki Bryant has point totals of 14, 12, 10. In their four losses Bryant has 0, 0, 6 and 2.

I think Coach Price at Cherokee has some talent. Her group of freshman 2 years ago won big at the Middle School/Elementary level. Won one of the TMSAA titles, I believe.

Cherokee's girls have had great success in years past. The core of this year's Cherokee team of juniors and sophomores went 23 and 0 at Rogersville City School. They won the TMSAA East Sectional for small schools by defeating Oliver Springs with the highly touted Christopher girl among others in the OS lineup during the championship game. No doubt they have fallen on hard times and it has them all frustrated....Coach Price included. We all know what their potential is and still believe strongly in these girls and this team. It will be tough to acomplish given the state of their confidence right now, but if they can rediscover themselves, they can be a spoiler at tournament time.

PTP, your question has some merit.

I think once you are in, then you can keep coming back, especially if you have had success or bring a lot of fans. Sevier County qualifies for both. Jeff County has had limited success, but always brings a good crowd.

Maryville and Webb are recent additions that seem to do well, and what Tourny would not want Glory Johnson to headline it? Wilson Cental is defending AAA champ, Shelbyville is the runnerup, and Briarcrest is supposed to be the real deal.

Morristown West is back after several years of absence, it will be interesting after drawing Wilson Central if they will return next year. The two Kentucky schools I had heard are both highly thought of, and Caroll is usually pretty good, but Greeneville just dispatched them in Bristol, so who knows.

I can't find fault with the selection process, whatever it is. It is a really well run tournament, and I am confident that the second day matchups are going to be worth twice the $6.00 admission.

:D:D:D:thumb:

King, that was not needed! She cannot help what her well intentioned friends say about her. She had a rough night the other night. Leave it at that....

The Archbisop Carroll team is from PA, not the one from DC that was in the Bristol tourney. I haven't found a lot of info on the Boone County team except they were Kentucky sweet 16 last year. Lexington Catholic is probably the best in the field this year.

Just thought you should know that the admission price is a tournament pass for $22.00. The daily admission price is $7.00 this year. Guess bringing in teams from far away places they had to raise the price this year. Still a pretty good deal for the money though!

I can remember when the South Greene Lady Rebels were the Rebelettes so it used to be commonplace for that to happen. Glad that is not the case now though.