I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

west 56-sevier 44

However West took a hard blow as it looks like Mayes went down with an acl injury. This would be the third acl injury for that team in the past 8 weeks! The second starting post player! West played much better last night but this will be a big blow if the mri is positive.

How about an injury report? How is it looking for Mayes and the other injured girls?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morristown West, Greeneville and Jefferson County play in the Greene County Classic, and Morristown East plays in the Volunteer tournament.

Does Cocke County or does Cherokee play anywhere this week?

Could be a tough week for the IMAC...West and Jeff have tough opening round games, and Greeneville faces a supposedly good Boone Cty team from Kentucky.

East has a likely 2nd round matchup with Elizabethton that will be tough.

Conference Standings going into the Holidays:

Jeff County 3-0

Greeneville 2-0

Morristown East 1-1

Cocke County 1-2

Morristown West 1-2

Cherokee 0-3

Greeneville still looks strong, with very strong inside play. The key to Greeneville is the results they get from the outside players, and actually if that is important for that partucular game.

Jefferson County had a very rough stretch, but it was against tough competition, so it might have actually made them stronger.

Morristown East appeared to have less than a great Holiday tournament result, finishing 6th at the Volunteer tourny.

Cocke County appeared to have beaten some weak competition, anyone that saw them play, please add your comments.

Morristown West still looks like they are having trouble scoring, relying on tough defense to create opportunities. Does anyone know the status of Amanda Mayes? And I understand that Heather George, a transfer form Morristown East, will be eligible for the 2nd half. If so, it will be interesting to see what impact she will make.

Cherokee appeared to be righting the ship as the holidays approached, beating a good DB team. Anyone have any info on their holiday games?

Friday has Jeff at Cherokee, West at Greeneville and East at Cocke County.

Ray...

Over the Christmas Holidays (from Dec. 16th until now) Cocke County has beaten West Greene, Knox Central, Geneva HS (Fla), Campbell County and Carter, while losing to Bearden by 20 at Bearden (Cocke County did lead by double-digits in the first half in that one before foul trouble and a physical style of ball took over).

All but two of the wins came against lesser competition. West Greene is decent, WG beat Rutledge, who beat Cocke County. To their credit they pretty much handled the lesser competition handedly however.

Campbell County is also a solid, yet young team.

Cocke County has Rutledge tomorrow night before East on Friday.

Both will be tough tests for a young Lady Red team.

Greeneville still looks strong, with very strong inside play. The key to Greeneville is the results they get from the outside players, and actually if that is important for that partucular game.

Jefferson County had a very rough stretch, but it was against tough competition, so it might have actually made them stronger.

Morristown East appeared to have less than a great Holiday tournament result, finishing 6th at the Volunteer tourny.

Cocke County appeared to have beaten some weak competition, anyone that saw them play, please add your comments.

Morristown West still looks like they are having trouble scoring, relying on tough defense to create opportunities. Does anyone know the status of Amanda Mayes? And I understand that Heather George, a transfer form Morristown East, will be eligible for the 2nd half. If so, it will be interesting to see what impact she will make.

Cherokee appeared to be righting the ship as the holidays approached, beating a good DB team. Anyone have any info on their holiday games?

Friday has Jeff at Cherokee, West at Greeneville and East at Cocke County.

Any predictions for friday ray?

OK, if you insist...

Greeneville beats West. I don't know how West can keep the ball away from Nicole, Deans and Collins, if they can't keep it away from South Greene's front line.

I really think Cocke County at home can beat East.

And I think Jeff County wins a tough one at Cherokee.

Every Jeff County game is, and will be, an adventure. But that also makes it fun, in a nervous sort of way. :o

OK, if you insist...

Greeneville beats West. I don't know how West can keep the ball away from Nicole, Deans and Collins, if they can't keep it away from South Greene's front line.

I really think Cocke County at home can beat East.

And I think Jeff County wins a tough one at Cherokee.

Every Jeff County game is, and will be, an adventure. But that also makes it fun, in a nervous sort of way. :o

Asley Deans has been just a beast this season...I don't think West has the muscle for this one.

Cocke County needs a complete, grown-up game from their freshmen if the are going to beat East.

Jeff County should take underachieving Cherokee.

Cocke County beat Rutledge at Rutledge tonight by 11

Led 18-4 after one, but amassed 11 turnovers allowing Rutledge to close to 8 at half.

It was a 10-point-plus game throughout the second half.

Cocke County won the game without Nikki Bryant - who was still feeling the effects of a concussion last Friday.

Barb - I'll disagree on the freshmen...the freshmen each are averaging right around 10+ per night. They may contribute some turnovers, but Cocke County will need their 2, 3 and 5 positions to step up on Friday. Their 2 and 3 players are capable of scoring 15+ on any night, but need to be more consistent. If Bryant goes on Friday - she's usually good for 10 pts and boards....

I heard that a girl from Morristown East has quit the team and is Transfering to Jefferson County. Can any one confirm this. If she has quit the team and is going to Jefferson Why? I think she is a Junior, why quit mid year what is going on?

Leading scorer Taylor Brooks quit during blowout against Crockett. She claims that she doesn't get the ball enough from teammates and coach is harder on her than the others.

Edited by Lance