Tuesday:

Greeneviille at Cocke County

Jefferson County at Morristown West

Friday:

Greeneville at Cherokee

Morristown East at Jefferson County

Cocke County at Morristown West

What does everyone think?

I think Greeneville walks through Cocke County and Cherokee.

The two games involving Jefferson County I think are both dog fights. It is difficult to know what to expect from East, and from what I have seen West is having trouble scoring. Jeff County really put it to Cocke County Friday night, but how much of that was poor execution by Cocke County, or better playing by Jeff County still seems to be up for debate.

The Cocke County/West game I think comes down to if the Cocke County girls can gain some composure on the road. If they can, then they could give West a tough time.

Cocke County pretty well handled Sullivan Central to open the season on the road....if they hit their free throws, they would've won by 15+. Seemed like Greeneville had some problems with Sullivan Central last Friday.

Cocke County will have to shoot better and play better defense. Their point guard play may be superior to Greeneville, but Cocke County will need Bryant and Depew to really step up in the post against Dickson. the Lady Red also need someone to play consistently from the 2 guard, they've not had a reliable shooting option there all year long.

As for Cocke County and West, it appears that West is having a ton of trouble finding points. If Cocke County can play good defense and shoot better than 15 percent, they can compete with them too....

Pretty much, the Lady Red HAVE to play with more discipline and play as a team....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cocke County pretty well handled Sullivan Central to open the season on the road....if they hit their free throws, they would've won by 15+. Seemed like Greeneville had some problems with Sullivan Central last Friday.

Cocke County will have to shoot better and play better defense. Their point guard play may be superior to Greeneville, but Cocke County will need Bryant and Depew to really step up in the post against Dickson. the Lady Red also need someone to play consistently from the 2 guard, they've not had a reliable shooting option there all year long.

As for Cocke County and West, it appears that West is having a ton of trouble finding points. If Cocke County can play good defense and shoot better than 15 percent, they can compete with them too....

Pretty much, the Lady Red HAVE to play with more discipline and play as a team....

They might have had some trouble on Friday but you should have seen them whoop up on Archbishop Carroll on Saturday...I'd be careful keying too much on Dickson cause Deans will eat you up inside. If CC is having shooiting problem from their 2 guard it is gonna be a long night.

We have a big Cocke County fan here.

I don't think that Greeneville had trouble with the central team as much as they did not play good at all. Greeneville took themselves out of their game. Central probably played as good as they will all season. I don't think I would take a freshman point guard over a senior point guard that has started more games than anyone on cocke county. Whitney Carter does exactly what a coach wants.

I will say that ###### County will have a good team by end of season. Freshmen will grow and get better. They will have a chance to compete come tournament time.

Why is West struggling so much?

I don't think that Greeneville had trouble with the central team as much as they did not play good at all. Greeneville took themselves out of their game. Central probably played as good as they will all season. I don't think I would take a freshman point guard over a senior point guard that has started more games than anyone on cocke county. Whitney Carter does exactly what a coach wants.

I will say that ###### County will have a good team by end of season. Freshmen will grow and get better. They will have a chance to compete come tournament time.

Jefferson County showed last week that if you pressure the CC freshmen and make them force the issue then they will make mistakes and turnovers.

As for West, i expected them to look more dominant in the early season, just by talking with Galyon in the preseason. Maybe they just need to get the kinks worked out and find someone to fill the scoring and inside void left by Phipps.

My daughter's High School team, Siegel, is playing in a holiday tournament at Bearden High School the week after Christmas. Can anyone give me any details? I'd like to know what other teams are going to be there, schedules, etc.

I don't know that any IMAC teams or any region 1 teams will be in Knoxville this year for the Super 16.Its usually a competitive tourney though.

True I may be a fan, but I'll point out the good and the bad.....on the positive side. No need to be negative.

As dz inferred on Friday, I'm gonna hype them. Some nights they're gonna play like freshmen, some nights they're gonna play like experienced veterans. Some nights they're going to need someone else to step up and play with them....

they desperately need to win one of these 2 games this week.....they're playing enthused from what I hear. We'll have to see if it makes a difference. I suspect they'll lose both this week, but we shall see...

West has been struggling to find their offense. Last year Phipps was the go to player and no one has filled that spot. They play tough defense but are missing a lot of easy shots created by their defense. They have only had their post player (Mayes) back a month so things haven't come together. I think they will get better in the coming weeks.

tonight's action

Greeneville 51-31 over Cocke County

Cocke County again had trouble shooting from what little I got to hear of the game. The game was close early being 9-6 midway through one and 13-6 at the end of 1. But Cocke County was outscored 17-7 in the second quarter to really push this one out of reach.

GHS outscored Cocke County 9-5 in the third and won 51-31.

Not sure of final stats, but again, Cocke County must have their younger girls stepped up. Both senior starters for Cocke County finished with 0 points apiece. Of course, Cocke County went with a rather, interesting starting five and an interesting rotation from what I heard....

Meanwhile, it seems like Morristown West is still having trouble scoring points. I wouldn't label this one as a shocker, because Michael Potts does a heck of a job every year with what he has, but.....a young Jeff County team goes on the road and knocks off what many had as the pre-season favorite off by 9. Impressive feat for the Lady Patriots, who really are one of - if not the - most undersized team in the conference...

Jefferson County 52, Morristown West 43

JC trailed only briefly in the opening minutes and led by as many as ten in the first half before settling into a 30-22 halftime cushion. West closed to within four early in the third quarter but couldnt sustain the momentum. JC forced 25 turnovers.

Kelsey Elliott led Jefferson County for the sixth consecutive game with 14 points. Freshman point Haley Nelson added 11.

Any reports on the other IMAC game tonight?