I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

I believe that I would have to put Whitney Carter and Ashley Deans on the First team for Greeneville. I don't believe that Nicole deserves to be on it. I know her numbers look good, but if you take Carter out of the lineup then they are not where they are at right now. I know that some believe her turnovers are an issue, but she is probably leading the I-MAC in assist. I know she is leading the team. Also I think that I wouldn't put Rachel Collins on the second team. She has been up and down all year. If she will work harder and get stronger she will be able to be more consistent. I think that D. Macyntire (spelling is probably wrong) should be considered before Rachel. However I think that Ashley Deans deserves the Player of the Year for the IMAC. She has been a force in this conference.

Well I hope that the Region tournament will be exciting. Good luck to all the teams. Since Greeneville is the number one seed do they get an automatic bid to the Regionals? I believe the only team in this region that will put up a fight in the tournament will be the Tennessee High vikings. I don't think that anyone else will be able to stop them. If Cocke County is in the lower bracket in the district then they would be fired up if they made it to the finals on their home court. That would be a hard game to win. However I don't see Greeneville losing in the District this year.

Has Greenevill ever went 10-0 in the conference? I know they are ranked #2 in the state and might have the chance to move to number one with Mount Juliet losing to Wilson Central last night. I don't think that Greeneville is the number one team in the state, but they are definately a top 5 team. Any thoughts on this?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that I would have to put Whitney Carter and Ashley Deans on the First team for Greeneville. I don't believe that Nicole deserves to be on it. I know her numbers look good, but if you take Carter out of the lineup then they are not where they are at right now. I know that some believe her turnovers are an issue, but she is probably leading the I-MAC in assist. I know she is leading the team. Also I think that I wouldn't put Rachel Collins on the second team. She has been up and down all year. If she will work harder and get stronger she will be able to be more consistent. I think that D. Macyntire (spelling is probably wrong) should be considered before Rachel. However I think that Ashley Deans deserves the Player of the Year for the IMAC. She has been a force in this conference.

Well I hope that the Region tournament will be exciting. Good luck to all the teams. Since Greeneville is the number one seed do they get an automatic bid to the Regionals? I believe the only team in this region that will put up a fight in the tournament will be the Tennessee High vikings. I don't think that anyone else will be able to stop them. If Cocke County is in the lower bracket in the district then they would be fired up if they made it to the finals on their home court. That would be a hard game to win. However I don't see Greeneville losing in the District this year.

Has Greenevill ever went 10-0 in the conference? I know they are ranked #2 in the state and might have the chance to move to number one with Mount Juliet losing to Wilson Central last night. I don't think that Greeneville is the number one team in the state, but they are definately a top 5 team. Any thoughts on this?

You make valid points, but I just wanted to pick two per team. I know the coaches routinely name 4-5 girls from the 1st place team as All-Conference though. I think I too would give the nod for POTY to Deans, she takes a lot of pressure off of Dickson down low. Do the Lady Devils have any prospects to fill Ashley's shoes in the middle school or JV level?

As far as the post-season goes....

The opening round in Newport should be a battle. The likely six seed Cherokee has knocked off all the likely three seeds once, so nothings a guarantee. Of course, Cocke County showed that the 3-6 isnt a guarantee when they took their one win into the semifinals.

I'm sure Cocke County will be enjoying the home court advantage, but if they and Morristown East meet in the 2-3 game in the lower bracket, I have a feeling that one will be an all-out war.

Those two teams appear to be the only two capable of beating Greeneville, I belive. East played them very tough on Monday and Cocke County played them close in January before scoring only 2 fourth quarter points to turn a 7-point game into a 19-point loss. But at that point, East and Cocke County are likely just probably playing to host a first-round region game.

As for the region, who knows what to expect. I think the best out of District 1 is TN High and Morristown West beat them. Greeneville handled them by 10. Not sold on Science Hill or DB....Greeneville handled Science Hill and Cherokee beat DB earlier. I would think Sullivan Central and Boone would compete for the fourth seed. Cocke County handled Central decently to open the season and Boone has struggled this season.

I would agree about the rankings. I wouldn't take Greeneville over MJ, WC or Shelbyville. I think Greeneville compares to a team like Maryville.

Edited by DZbettin

Definitely Nicole on first team..."2nd in IMAC with 14.3 PPG, Leads IMAC in Rebounds with 188, 3rd in IMAC with 55 Assists, 2nd in IMAC with 54 Steals, 47.6% from the field." As good as her season has been, there's no way Carter has put up those kind of numbers. I would probably go with McIntyre on second team instead of Lamons though. Collins has had great success off the bench this season and deserves an honorable mention.

Edited by barb

So Galyon no longer has Crumbley's number. I knew West would have problems scoring the way they played in the 2nd half last week, but 14? and 5 in the second half? Geez.

Cherokee laid one on Jeff County it seems.

East and Cocke County played a terrible game. Cocke County shot 11/56 from the field and 4/32 inside three pt range. 3 of the 2-pt field goals were from Depew and the other from Kelsey Lloyd. East was 15/51 from the field. But maybe all the tackling and throw downs in the first Five Rivers Football game of the season could be attributed to that terrible shooting?

Score was 18-11 East at half. Cocke County scored 2 in the 2nd quarter. East scored 6 and 5 in the second and third respectively.

Leah Leeper scored 14 in the fourth and the game was back-and-forth, despite the terrible shooting. East pulled ahead by 2 in the final minute and Depew caught the ball and made a move in the lane and was called for a more than very-questionable charge (made by an official with notable Morristown East ties, mind you) for her fifth foul. I think a lot of East folks were thinking it wasnt a very good call. The inbounds resulted in a foul and Leeper hit both free-throws to seal the deal.

Oh well....looks like that 4-6 scenario is very very possible now....

PTS it seems to me that everytime CC loses a game you always seem to find one -particular call by an official to blame the game on. One call doesn't win or lose the game for each team. What happens within 32 minutes decides the game.[ free throws, turnovers, missed layups ect]. Can you please tell me how many free thows or turnovers this official with "notable ties" made or committed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you moonlight on the weekends as an official in recreation basketball? Maybe it was a bad call, but officials can't get them all right. It'a called a JUDGMENT CALL. I never hear you say "Wow what a great call by the official !" In the future, just admit CC didn't play a great game and was unfortunate to be lucky enough to pull off the win !!

PTS it seems to me that everytime CC loses a game you always seem to find one -particular call by an official to blame the game on. One call doesn't win or lose the game for each team. What happens within 32 minutes decides the game.[ free throws, turnovers, missed layups ect]. Can you please tell me how many free thows or turnovers this official with "notable ties" made or committed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you moonlight on the weekends as an official in recreation basketball? Maybe it was a bad call, but officials can't get them all right. It'a called a JUDGMENT CALL. I never hear you say "Wow what a great call by the official !" In the future, just admit CC didn't play a great game and was unfortunate to be lucky enough to pull off the win !!

Please refer to Post #413 on Page 26 of this thread.

Also, the post you quoted never blamed the officiating for a loss. It made note of the call and that it was a bad call, which video (I was told) and later a poster on this thread confirmed. The call probably did dictate the final outcome of the game, but the Cocke County girls had their chances to make that final call moot, but couldnt with their offensive ineffectiveness.

Please refer to Post #413 on Page 26 of this thread.

Also, the post you quoted never blamed the officiating for a loss. It made note of the call and that it was a bad call, which video (I was told) and later a poster on this thread confirmed. The call probably did dictate the final outcome of the game, but the Cocke County girls had their chances to make that final call moot, but couldnt with their offensive ineffectiveness.

All I"m saying is when your team shoots 11/56 don't come on here complaining about some bad calls! The call didn't did not dictate the outcome of the game. A poor shooting performance is what dictated the outcome of the game. No game will ever be played or refereed perfect!!!

All I"m saying is when your team shoots 11/56 don't come on here complaining about some bad calls! The call didn't did not dictate the outcome of the game. A poor shooting performance is what dictated the outcome of the game. No game will ever be played or refereed perfect!!!

what would you know about basketball?...........your dick vitale :D

im awesome baby! ;)