Rhea County vs. Maryville

EaglePride1

So here's the deal. I'm not for or against Maryville. But the facts speak for themselves. A lowly 4-6 team called Brainerd almost took em out. So the powerful defense is going down as MHS will probably lose to Rhea County. If they do get past Rhea County, they will be slaughtered by Red Bank. But best of luck, they've had a good run, give Coach Quarrles credit.

Did you actually read my post? There is a problem in your logic:

If you look at the Brainerd game, it is a statistical anamoly. It is an outlier that skews the data. It is not statistically representative. You are taking this one-off situation and using it as if it speaks larger volumes to you than the 40 or so in a row that Maryville has won.

I guess my question for you is this: Does Maryville having a 5 turnover game and yet winning instead of blowing out a 4 seed mean that they are suddenly an underdog to a lower seed even though they've had yet another dominant season?

If so, that's your call. But if I were a betting man, I'd not place my wager against the Rebels based on that information.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's the deal. I'm not for or against Maryville. But the facts speak for themselves. A lowly 4-6 team called Brainerd almost took em out. So the powerful defense is going down as MHS will probably lose to Rhea County. If they do get past Rhea County, they will be slaughtered by Red Bank. But best of luck, they've had a good run, give Coach Quarrles credit.

Facts? Those would be such as Maryville never punted. Maryville turned it over, forced and unforced, 6 times. Maryville's defense got burned for 2 TD's that accounted for most all Brainerd's yardage.

How's Rhea gong to get Maryville to repeat last friday's once in 9 year game?

I guess someone needs to tell the Maryville boys to just turn in their equipment and not even play Rhea County! After all, even if we "luck up" and beat Rhea we are going to get "slaughtered" by Red Bank!!

Also, someone needs to alert Tanner Caylor and Landon Hall and those guys that they are "weak" and have no business on the same field as those "powerfull" teams from Rhea Co. and Red Bank!!

What an absolutely moronic opinion!!

You didn't see the Brainerd game did you. Be honest. Not even a replay. 14 pts were off of fumble returns. Yeah we stunk the joint up, but the game never felt as if it were in doubt. RC beat this "lowely" team by 3. I use your words because I don't want to refer to a high school kid as "lowely".

I felt proud of every Brainerd player out there. They played with heart and never gave up. They walked off of the field among lots of encouraging words from the MHS faithful. They didn't have many fans, no band, very few parents, only 4 cheerleaders and very few coaches. But they played with heart.

It's easy to play football when your team is sucessful and everyone in the whole county supports the team. Imagine playing at a place without much support. "Lowely", I think not. Every kid out there was a champion for sticking with it. If that coach stays and they keep having that many kids come out for football. I think Brainerd will be all right.

On a less serious note, the reason we stunk the joint up was because of the ruby red cleats that two of the players for Brainerd were wearing.

You didn't see the Brainerd game did you. Be honest. Not even a replay. 14 pts were off of fumble returns. Yeah we stunk the joint up, but the game never felt as if it were in doubt. RC beat this "lowely" team by 3. I use your words because I don't want to refer to a high school kid as "lowely".

I felt proud of every Brainerd player out there. They played with heart and never gave up. They walked off of the field among lots of encouraging words from the MHS faithful. They didn't have many fans, no band, very few parents, only 4 cheerleaders and very few coaches. But they played with heart.

It's easy to play football when your team is sucessful and everyone in the whole county supports the team. Imagine playing at a place without much support. "Lowely", I think not. Every kid out there was a champion for sticking with it. If that coach stays and they keep having that many kids come out for football. I think Brainerd will be all right.

On a less serious note, the reason we stunk the joint up was because of the ruby red cleats that two of the players for Brainerd were wearing.

Nice Post. Some schools are very fortunate to have the backing that they do.

Tommorrow will be a great night for H.S. football. :thumb:

Well having seen both these teams first hand, Ill have to say the RedRebels should win this one hands down. The Bobcats played the Rhea County game last week DECIMATED by injuries and still should have pulled out the win. If the game had been played in Knoxville the Cats probably would have won handily as the Golden Birds would not have had the timely breaks go their way. It isnt hard to see why Rhea County was undefeated at home. Maryville has too much talent and the best coaching around and I believe will win by 3TDs. :thumb:

:thumb::ph34r: ...hilarious....

Caleb has a rude awakening coming this Friday. Hope Rhea County packs it in this Friday.

Caleb has had his fair share of rude awakenings. Trust me. His comment was made right after a crazy game, with his emotions flying. Caleb isn't a cocky or arrogant kid one bit. He will be ready to back his talk up along with the rest of team. Everyone believes they can win and thats what it takes. I can't wait till tomorrow night. Rhea County will pack the house.

The reason I posted it was because I thought it was an interesting comment coming from a guy whos stats were horrible vs. Central, just won his first playoff game and has no idea or just forgot how we play football here in maryville. It just amazes me when I read about players disrespecting maryville. And I know, theres gonna be someone whos bout to reply to this saying no one disrecpects marvyville blah blah blah, yeah they do. I've been following maryville football for many many years now and I have still to read or hear a maryville player sayin some of the stuff other teams say about us. But enough of this.... I just hope that both teams come prepared and give it 100%.

Maryville 31

Rhea County 13