Lewis vs. Goodpasture

Stat_pack1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night for the first time in the past however many years of watching a david martin team take a decisive lead into the locker room, martin came out and played nothing but jv. usually he allows the starters to play the first series of the second half even though they came out after they went up 35-0. the purpose of letting them play the first series has always been to make sure that the tempo stays high for the jv players when they hit the field. but suprisingly, and i am proud of martin for doing so, he sat his starters from 35-0 to the end of the ball game. so really adamsville beat the goodpasture jv 18-14, but cards fans were right - they had a hard nosed team that didn't give up and i wish them the best in years to come!

Goodpasture winning by four or five scores just isn't realistic. If GP wins. we're talking 14-0, or 7-0. Lewis County's defense is no joke. It will be the best defense GP has seen all year. Unfortuately for LC, GP has seen many offenses far better than the Panthers. Anyway, it will be a close game. Good luck to all the 2A teams on their way to the "Lose to Alcoa Bowl at MTSU"

i really want 2 see lewis co to come out w/ the W in this game...i jus dont think it will happen, i hope that i am wrong....5-2a doesnt sport as much as i thought they did, goodpasture is about it....6-2a is about the same w/ camden, but if lewis county can some how beat goodpasture this week, i believe the camden and lewis county game will be the best game around the state.....but lewis county has to git by goodpasture first before we start jumpin ahead...its goina be a long and hard hitting night, but i believe that goodpasture may keep their 1st string offense in the whole game becuase of lc's awsome D...goodpasuter 2nd string D may come in in the 2nd half....could be a good game, could be shutout, we wont know till fridaynight

Goodpasture: 32

Lewis Co.: 17

Goodpasture winning by four or five scores just isn't realistic. If GP wins. we're talking 14-0, or 7-0. Lewis County's defense is no joke. It will be the best defense GP has seen all year. Unfortuately for LC, GP has seen many offenses far better than the Panthers. Anyway, it will be a close game. Good luck to all the 2A teams on their way to the "Lose to Alcoa Bowl at MTSU"

Obviously another Goodpasture hater. Boy, don't we see ya'll alot. Obviously you haven't seen Goodpasture play at all. 14-0 or 7-0????? I can assure you that Goodpasture will easily drop 35 or 42 points ATLEAST. Oh yeah I'm sorry to inform you but the best D Goodpasture will and has seen all year is David Lipscomb. I could run my mouth and show no class saying GP will win state but I'm not, it's 4 more games and it's one game at time.

I could run my mouth and show no class saying GP will win state but I'm not, it's 4 more games and it's one game at time.

Good thing you didn't because the only team who has the right to run their mouth about winning state is Alcoa. They are the defending champs and also only lost to the monster 4a Maryville by a couple of points. They also beat McCallie! Alcoa to me is by far the best 2a team in the state.

Edited by LC_PANTHER_FAN

Good thing you didn't because the only team who has the right to run their mouth about winning state is Alcoa. They are the defending champs and also only lost to the monster 4a Maryville by a couple of points. They also beat McCallie! Alcoa to me is by far the best 2a team in the state.

I understand why, as LC fan, you already started rooting for Alcoa. I know how it is when you favorite team loses to the opposing team and you root against the opposing team for the remainder of the season. The thing I don't get is... Goodpasture hasn't even beat LC yet. Don't start cheering for Alcoa just yet the Boro is in 4 weeks.

Oh yeah I'm sorry to inform you but the best D Goodpasture will and has seen all year is David Lipscomb. I could run my mouth and show no class saying GP will win state but I'm not, it's 4 more games and it's one game at time.

Those Lipscomb guys were saying the same thing in 03' after they destroyed Alcoa, and then Huntingdon proceded to stomp a mudhole in Lipscomb at the Buro'.

Obviously you haven't seen all the defenses in 2A or you wouldn't have made a blanket statement like that.

Those Lipscomb guys were saying the same thing in 03' after they destroyed Alcoa, and then Huntingdon proceded to stomp a mudhole in Lipscomb at the Buro'.

Obviously you haven't seen all the defenses in 2A or you wouldn't have made a blanket statement like that.

really! IF they get by Lewis Co and Camden ,they get a really tough 7-2A team whoever of the 4 come out of that fight over there

Well gues what? Goodpasture's not the 03' Lipscomb team. You can name 155 million teams that looked passed an oppenent and lost. Well, Goodpasture is aware of that and takes one game at a time and won't be one of those teams that fail to reach their potential just because of how they approach each game. No one said Lewis Co. didn't have a good defense just said Lipscombs is the best defense they will face. Goodapsture doesn't play all the defenses in 2-A remember there are at most 15 games and 11 of them are in the books so there isn't that many chances we will see a D better than Lipscomb in the next 4 games.

Edited by machine