Lewis vs. Goodpasture

Stat_pack1

Lewsi will get all they have been asking for.

They do alot af talkin, like 926

they will be eating crow about friday night

and see what a real def. realy is since they have no offense.

their line is big but slow as molasses

No threat to throw the ball and not much of any running backs.

i see them having their butts handed to them on a silver platter.

Goodpasture-64

Lewsi Co. - 000

Sounds like one of them there Waverly weiners....oops...I mean "whiners". You know you're in the "Smackdown Hall of Fame" when you get called out in a thread in which you've never posted, by some obscure poster who you've obviously impressed (or depressed) enough for him to do so.

You're out of your league, little fella. Don't. Just don't.

How many people are coming here and predicting a LC win? Not many. How many are predicting a Goodpasture blowout? Several. Yet, the people who have the audacity to even imply that LC will hang with Goodpasture are called out and ridiculed. It seems as though some people are offended that LC is going to make Goodpasture dress out and risk injuries in this "speed bump" game.

LC knows they are in for a fight. LC picked the wrong time of the year to forget how to play offense. And everyone here knows how hard it is going to be stop Goodpasture's powerful offense. But, forgive us for not giving up. Forgive us for not giving in. Forgive us for not laying down.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like one of them there Waverly weiners....oops...I mean "whiners". You know you're in the "Smackdown Hall of Fame" when you get called out in a thread in which you've never posted, by some obscure poster who you've obviously impressed (or depressed) enough for him to do so.

You're out of your league, little fella. Don't. Just don't.

How many people are coming here and predicting a LC win? Not many. How many are predicting a Goodpasture blowout? Several. Yet, the people who have the audacity to even imply that LC will hang with Goodpasture are called out and ridiculed. It seems as though some people are offended that LC is going to make Goodpasture dress out and risk injuries in this "speed bump" game.

LC knows they are in for a fight. LC picked the wrong time of the year to forget how to play offense. And everyone here knows how hard it is going to be stop Goodpasture's powerful offense. But, forgive us for not giving up. Forgive us for not giving in. Forgive us for not laying down.

I don't think you can give anyone from Waverly credit for this one. Probably someone you've played (and beat) more recently :(

COACH T,

I appreciate you keeping this discussion to the game. All that other stuff is out of line and truthfully holds no water. See clarification at "private vs. public" forum.

One who's seen all sides. :(

It's okay everyone knows private schools have a huge advantage over public schools. But us country boys got are blinders on. :(

:DGoodpasture might have all the right stuff. But Lewis Co. will not be a push over. Lewis Co had one of the best defenses Camden played all year. That's right as good as Huntingdon and Westview. Check out Milan and Westview game. Milan will be the team to play in the semi's. Huntingdon had alot of injurys that more inlikely kept them out of the playoffs. Region 7-2a is the toughest in the state. What I'm getting too Lewis Co has tradition and pride and they do know how to win. Take em lightly and you will have 3 weeks to watch some other team play Alcoa for the State Championship.

To close to call

It's interesting how the vast, vast majority of people on this board aren't even associated with Goodpasture, yet there are all these people trashing them and telling the players how they are taking Lewis County likely.

It's also intereting that this thread is larger than any on Goodpasture all year. Most games they don't even have a thread.

It seems to me some folks are trying to create some bulletin board material that they hope will somehow change the outcome of this game, whatever that outcome may be.

I just thought it was an interesting observation. Best of luck on Friday night.

Edited by JohnJohn

lewis county's defense is strong enought to hold goodpastures offense.w ejust got 2 get some offense come friday.goodluck 2 both teams

i would take GPs defense over LCs all day. and even if LC slows GP down a bit to maybe around 20 or so points, still how will LC score on GP if they couldnt score on Fairview but once?!

First I would just like to say I wish both teams good luck friday nite. But i would like to reply to some of the post. we can get on here and say blow out, eat crow,no game,but we need to stop and think about that we are not the one's on the field giving it everything we got the players are and I for one know that our boys

have played with some heavy hearts this year and no matter the turn out both teams have earned a spot to be where they are. Yes I will be there cheering my team on just like I have all year, so enough of the smack just let the boys play their game :thumb:

For all the football greats, these teams have played each other a few times and it has never been a blow out i cannot see one friday night either in fact it has always been a close game decided within 3pts 2pts and 8pts, in the years past both teams are good or they wouldn't be where they are today.

Check your history. In the 198I playoffs I was on the field setting the tone by tagging your star running back on the opening kickoff. It was a freezing night in Lewis County. Final score 14-0 Cougars. By the way, we got a little motivated during warmups when LC's fans starting talking trash about one of our bigger players. I believe the line was "Hey, look at the cow on our pasture, heh, heh, get it, Cowpasture." Yeah, we've never heard Cowpasture before. We've also never heard that country boys are tough and private school kids are soft. Don't worry about the fact that our dads work at the Ford Glass plant in Nasvhville or the Dupont plant. Some are cops, firemen and drive trucks for UPS. Plus, some of our kids work tobacco in the summer. Yeah, go ahead and think our kids are soft and spoiled rich kids. Goodpasture is not MBA. For the most part our kids go to Goodpasture because they're zoned for terrible Metro schools and more importantly our parents want God and prayer to be in the classroom.