Region 1-A vs. 2-A

goosevol

No surprises for me. It turned out pretty much as I expected. I expected Coalfield, Harriman and Midway to win with ease and Oneida to give Hampton a real good game before losing. I have only the scores from the Harriman/Unaka and Midway/Cosby games to go by, but it would seem that they won fairly easily. Oneida played Hampton MUCH closer than the final score indicated.

I'll take Coalfield and Harriman this week. Coalfield/Midway should be another classic. Frankly, I'd be surprised if Harriman doesn't beat Hampton by at least a couple of scores.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shocker0
You guys played MTCS in th playoffs , how did that work? I thought region 2 played 1.

They played MTCS in a bowl game...and they ended on a high note by beating a team with a better record, 34-13...while Cosby went home the next day against a team they should have beat...I mean, they were 9-1 right? Midway was only 6-4, and instead they lose 36-14. Face it, your team is out on a sour note, while Sunbright goes out a winner. If they were in Region 1 they would have finished second in the region and been in the playoffs right now, but they are in a tough one, where Cosby would be lucky to be a fourth seed. Congratulations on your great "MUFFIN" schedule, as Gut Wrench Gary would say...but at least you know how it feels to play a good team (Teams like Sunbright has played all season) and get whipped. You should be thankful Sunbright didn't make the playoffs because then you'd really be crying when they beat you.

They played MTCS in a bowl game...and they ended on a high note by beating a team with a better record, 34-13...while Cosby went home the next day against a team they should have beat...I mean, they were 9-1 right? Midway was only 6-4, and instead they lose 36-14. Face it, your team is out on a sour note, while Sunbright goes out a winner. If they were in Region 1 they would have finished second in the region and been in the playoffs right now, but they are in a tough one, where Cosby would be lucky to be a fourth seed. Congratulations on your great "MUFFIN" schedule, as Gut Wrench Gary would say...but at least you know how it feels to play a good team (Teams like Sunbright has played all season) and get whipped. You should be thankful Sunbright didn't make the playoffs because then you'd really be crying when they beat you.

As for you or Gut Wrenching Gary we don't give a care about what you say or do with your muffins! We will be back to play another great year next year! So see ya next year and hope you can be strong again next year!!!!!!

As for you or Gut Wrenching Gary we don't give a care about what you say or do with your muffins! We will be back to play another great year next year! So see ya next year and hope you can be strong again next year!!!!!!

Gut Wrench Gary did enjoy the game Friday night. The game turned out about like Ole Gary expected. The Muffin schedule finally caught up with Cosby. Gut Wrench Gary will now be following Trousdale Co. the rest of the season.

Guest Shocker0

Well good luck next year, I hope you will play a tougher schedule so that you will be better prepared for the big games. B)

No surprises for me. It turned out pretty much as I expected. I expected Coalfield, Harriman and Midway to win with ease and Oneida to give Hampton a real good game before losing. I have only the scores from the Harriman/Unaka and Midway/Cosby games to go by, but it would seem that they won fairly easily. Oneida played Hampton MUCH closer than the final score indicated.

I'll take Coalfield and Harriman this week. Coalfield/Midway should be another classic. Frankly, I'd be surprised if Harriman doesn't beat Hampton by at least a couple of scores.

What killed Oneida the other night and Harriman last year was the inability to run the football. The only way either team could move the ball was in the air. When you get in the red zone, it gets alot harded to throw the ball, not much space. Another thing is , if you sling it up enough, the other team is going to pick some of um. Check the rushing stats in the Oneida and Hampton game and then you will know ,the rest of the story. I expect Hampton to bring it straight at Harriman over and over and over and over, and all at once sling one. Stack the box this year and you are going to pay. GET UM BULLDOGS

Keep thinkin that there big guy if the lite brites played in region 1 they finish 4th and you know it. That power house yall played in the NOT first round got hammered by Kings academy earlier this year. How you keep thinking Midway won with EASE is beyond me, We beat them allover the boxscores and turned the ball over to them 9 times and they Won. Good game on their part but it wasn't easy for them and they will tell you that. The 3 kids that got knocked out COLD might disagree with you as well. I can promise you this region 2 may be a little quicker and stronger in cases but I can promise you midway Hasn't been hit all year like thay were friday night. Our J.V. QB torched yall in the spring K. Rone would have a carreer night against yall , Hampton would beat you by 50 and Unaka would Knock yall down a peg or 2 with their physical play that yall aren't used to. So yea it looks like you might get 4th over here congrats you would make it to the real post season B)

Guest Shocker0

It was easy cause they won by 22 points...they could do whatever they needed to do to win, and they did. And I guarantee you that Coalfield hit Midway a lot harder, considering that Midway only scored 13 against them...those are some good teams. The only way Cosby can claim to be good is because of the teams they have played. And Sunbright is better this season than last, so how you figure Hampton would beat them by 50 is beyond me...unless Hampton is 38 points better than Coalfield, because they only beat Sunbright by 12 in the last game of the regular season. And MTCS didn't get "hammered" by Kings they only lost by a few points if I recall...and you guys only beat them 17-0, Sunbright beat them 35-0. You guys beat Grace 32-21 and Sunbright beat them 48-14, with their backups in in the second half...so how you think your that much better than them is beyond me. Any decent team can make the playoffs in a less than stunning region. Get ready because Region 2 is for real this year. Hampton is the only one in Region 1 that would make Region 2 playoffs and they would be about 2nd...Cosby would be about 5th unless they beat Oneida which I doubt would happen. Sunbright would be Cosby and I would love to see those two play next season to prove it, even though Sunbright is losing a bunch of seniors I still say they'd win.

It was easy cause they won by 22 points...they could do whatever they needed to do to win, and they did. And I guarantee you that Coalfield hit Midway a lot harder, considering that Midway only scored 13 against them...those are some good teams. The only way Cosby can claim to be good is because of the teams they have played. And Sunbright is better this season than last, so how you figure Hampton would beat them by 50 is beyond me...unless Hampton is 38 points better than Coalfield, because they only beat Sunbright by 12 in the last game of the regular season. And MTCS didn't get "hammered" by Kings they only lost by a few points if I recall...and you guys only beat them 17-0, Sunbright beat them 35-0. You guys beat Grace 32-21 and Sunbright beat them 48-14, with their backups in in the second half...so how you think your that much better than them is beyond me. Any decent team can make the playoffs in a less than stunning region. Get ready because Region 2 is for real this year. Hampton is the only one in Region 1 that would make Region 2 playoffs and they would be about 2nd...Cosby would be about 5th unless they beat Oneida which I doubt would happen. Sunbright would be Cosby and I would love to see those two play next season to prove it, even though Sunbright is losing a bunch of seniors I still say they'd win.

Hey, all-in-all, region 2 is better than region 1. But this is the last time I'm going to say this: Sunbright WOULD NOT beat Cosby, Sunbright WOULD NOT beat Unaka, and Sunbright WOULD NOT EVEN HOLD A CANDLE to Hampton. Sunbright got 6 EASY wins against 6 CUP-CAKE opponents. EVERY TIME Sunbright played a team that was half-way decent, they choked and/or quit and got beat. Sunbright had a mediocre team this year with a few pretty good players, but they weren't that good either... And about your comment that Sunbright could still beat Cosby/Unaka next year, I've only got one thing to say about that: YOU'RE AN IDIOT! Sunbright will be lucky to even beat Oakdale next year. So the football team will be just as bad, if not worse, than all the other sports teams at Sunbright...

Hey, all-in-all, region 2 is better than region 1. But this is the last time I'm going to say this: Sunbright WOULD NOT beat Cosby, Sunbright WOULD NOT beat Unaka, and Sunbright WOULD NOT EVEN HOLD A CANDLE to Hampton. Sunbright got 6 EASY wins against 6 CUP-CAKE opponents. EVERY TIME Sunbright played a team that was half-way decent, they choked and/or quit and got beat. Sunbright had a mediocre team this year with a few pretty good players, but they weren't that good either... And about your comment that Sunbright could still beat Cosby/Unaka next year, I've only got one thing to say about that: YOU'RE AN IDIOT! Sunbright will be lucky to even beat Oakdale next year. So the football team will be just as bad, if not worse, than all the other sports teams at Sunbright...

Getem Book!! Shocker thinks cause everyone else in their region is good Sunbright is better than our whole Region. I didn't want to tell him that the draw we played them too in the spring was without our #1 QB and 6 kids 4 of which are starters had yet to practice. The top three in region 1 would smoke Sunbrite but we may never know since they can't seem to consistently make the playoffs.

And another thing Shocker0, all the talk you dish out makes your school look BAD. It would be one thing if ya'll were good at something and you talked smack. But Sunbright is bad at everything!!! You have no idea how stupid you make yourself, and the school you represent look... I mean, do you see people from schools like Jellico and Oakdale talking crap??? NO. You don't. Because they know they have nothing to talk crap about and they don't want to embarrass themselves. Everybody thinks Sunbright is joke, but not because of the lack of success of their athletic programs, but because of people like YOU!!!