Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK has been hiding there talents for the sneak attack on Alcoa, that first game was used to give Alcoa a false sense of security. It was all in the master game plan put together by the Warriors coaching staff. They knew they would have to play Alcoa again, so they just didnt show anything that first game and decided to do just enough to beat South Greene, so they could sneak up on the Tornado's

Ill stand behind my original prediction.

and that plan lasted how long :D

Again the concession stand did a great job with the hot dogs, but running out by halftime, no excuse....I was really looking forward to a good halftime chili dog. That was a good game, Alcoa is very talented and I am very empressed with there ability to turn it on at any given time.

Now I must make a appology to Sweetwater, because i said that Loudon was going to win, wow thats about all I can say.

I thought Alcoa showed a lot of class calling a timeout to give Coach Young from CAK the game ball at midfield with time expiring. For those of you who do not know that was Coach Youngs last game on the sideline as he is retiring from coaching. He is still going to teach, but after 37 years roaming the sideline he has decided to hang up his coaching shoes and two button snap Bike shorts. I know that Coach Young doesnt like to have the spotlight on him, but he deserves it after all those years.

Alcoa may have the best skill position players in the state with Shiverdecker, Sommers and Lanxter and pardon me for not knowing the fullbacks name, but he would be a stud tailback for most teams.

Good luck to the Tornados and bring the state championship back to east TN, Always rooting for a team from our region if we arent playing them.

Also I would like to say to the Seniors from CAK, you have nothing to be ashamed of, when we stepped up to 2A from 1A noone gave you guys a chance, but two consecutive years in the playoffs and two times loosing to what I believe is the best team in 2A, that is something to hold your head high about, you rose to the challenge and fought your guts out from the first snap to the final whisttle

I wish all of you the best in the next stage of your life and you are part of something special at CAK.

About the Tornado warning, that has been going on at Alcoa forever and you all have great traditions there. I hope that CAK will start to form there own traditions with this just being our 6th year of varsity football.

Good luck to the tornados and we will be rooting for you.

Edited by APSU310

Big fullback is James Stultz, and I was also glad to see the display of class when Alcoa called the timeout and gave the CAK coach the game ball. I know it must be hard to go out that way but they played their hardest for him, but Alcoa is too much for most any team. CAK has nothing to be ashamed of, good season,

I think the big fullback he was speaking of was #24 Darrell Tate, and yes he is a great RB. He's improved so much since last year.

CAK came out striking in the beginning, and our speed finally got the best of them. Shivey dominated once again, (I really hope I get to see him run on that carpet in Murfreesboro again, wow!) I'm glad that Coach Young got recognized, he deserved it; anyone who can stay dedicated that long, is a great coach in my opinion. Bennett is a tremendous player. Besides Hicks, he's by far the best LB in 2-2A.

CAK had a real good year after searching for a QB to replace Harb, and they succeded. They really surprised me this year, and I wish them luck next year.

I think the big fullback he was speaking of was #24 Darrell Tate, and yes he is a great RB. He's improved so much since last year.

CAK came out striking in the beginning, and our speed finally got the best of them. Shivey dominated once again, (I really hope I get to see him run on that carpet in Murfreesboro again, wow!) I'm glad that Coach Young got recognized, he deserved it; anyone who can stay dedicated that long, is a great coach in my opinion. Bennett is a tremendous player. Besides Hicks, he's by far the best LB in 2-2A.

CAK had a real good year after searching for a QB to replace Harb, and they succeded. They really surprised me this year, and I wish them luck next year.

Did Hicks wear #2 this past season? If so, i noticed a couple big name players switching numbers like him and Sykes. No matter, what are Hicks' measurements. Hes a pretty stout boy. Long time no talk Tom. Maybe for old times sake we could start a Hicks vs Bennett debate. :lol:

Bennett vs Hicks

Bennett- Junior

Hicks- Senior

Bennett- Quick as a hicup (spelling)

Hicks- Strong as an OX

Bennett- Hits ballcarriers like a rattlesnake

Hicks- Hits ball carriers like a Bull

Bennett- Runs People down from behind

Hicks- Shuts it down Tackle to Tackle

There is no way to compare these two....both are outstanding linebackers and are leaders on there respected teams, but just two totally different kind of linebackers. Hicks is a Big 10 Linebacker, stop the run at all cost, Bennett is a SEC linebacker, fly to the football in the air or on the ground.

If i were picking I would rather have Bennett, because i think he is more versatile. He can play safety, linebacker or speed end. Plus he has another year of eligibility. Not to mention he is a great kid, not saying Hicks isnt just dont know him.

Hicks wore #2 this year, and Sykes did switch numbers from 58 to 90. From observation, Hicks couldn't be taller than 5'8" but he probably weighs 215-225. I believe that Hicks is meaner than Bennett but Bennett is crazier than Hicks. Hicks is very fast, possibly as fast as Bennett, but possesses the strength to fight through blockers instead of out-quicking them, allowing him to maintain his ground and read the play longer.