Harriman (8-3) @ Hampton (10-1)

Guest Shocker0

I am really worried about this game. Hampton has just seemed dead ever since the first play of the Cosby game. They are a completely different team without Adam. I do not know if they can beat Harriman without him. There doesn't seem to be as many fans or as much excitement in the stands as usual especially when compared to last year's playoffs. Personally, I would like to see them maybe run Milhorn as tailback more. He has some of the break-away types moves that Adam had. Ahhh heck, maybe they will start punting the ball on 2nd down. Anyways, I will be there rain or shine...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a clue in this game. I remember that Hampton physically dominated last year's game for much of the evening, but Harriman just kept hitting big plays to get in the red zone. However, they couldn't punch it in once they got close because of Hampton's physical play.

I'll let Pujo talk about the differences in this year's Hampton't team from last year's, but I'll take a shot at Harriman.

The Devils are much bigger and stronger in the trenches. Pretty much all the line was back and then they got a couple of transfers that are starting. One is Brad Williams, the 6'9" 350-pound senior from Florida.

The skill guys are pretty much the same. They did lose Quenelle Frazier from last year, but if my memory is right then Hampton knocked him out of the game early last year anyway.

The QB (Goins) is bigger and stronger than last year and he is load to bring down. Plus he keeps his eyes down field when he scrambles and that leads to a lot of big plays in the passing game. He's thrown for 1,111 yards and rushed for 614.

RB Dominique Chatman has turned into a monster the last two weeks. Against Oakdale and Unaka, he has carried the ball 16 times for 328 yards and has scored 5 TDs on the ground. He also had a TD reception Friday. For the season, he has 859 yards and 10 TDs rushing on only 74 attempts. He also has 21 catches for 344 yards and a TD receiving.

Who else to look for? A.J. Johnson- 407 yards rushing, 286 yards receiving, 10 total TDs. Demetrius Williams- 14-293 with 3 TDs receiving and Shawn Williams 15-177 with 4 TDs receiving.

Great analysis Goose...I have been wanting to see some Harriman stats for the past few games. This is going to be a great game! One thing is for sure Harriman is going to have to cut down on their penalties. If they want to continue to compete for Murfreesboro it is a MUST! I believe the Blue Devils have talent everywhere and are a good pick to win this week. ROAD TRIP ANYONE!!!!??

GO DEVILS

Edited by volmash

i will take harriman in this one and i will go with midway winning at coalfield

I agree Harriman and Hampton is going to be a close game.

But Midway will be a two touch-down under dog right off the start because it is at Coalfield. And it is Hard to over come that. Everybody knows that who ever plays at Coalfield is going to get twice as many penalties called against them.

:thumb: In a play-off game it is hard to overcome that.

I agree Harriman and Hampton is going to be a close game.

But Midway will be a two touch-down under dog right off the start because it is at Coalfield. And it is Hard to over come that. Everybody knows that who ever plays at Coalfield is going to get twice as many penalties called against them.

:thumb: In a play-off game it is hard to overcome that.

You must be you of those crying Harriman fans thinking Harriman does no wrong. If your team does not commit the fouls they will not get penalized. I was at the Unaka game (at Harriman) and you had the same calls agianst you there as you did during the Coalfiled game. Harriman commits more holding, false start and late hit penalties than any team I have ever watched. Harriman has great talent but are poorly coached, hence all of the penalties.

You must be you of those crying Harriman fans thinking Harriman does no wrong. If your team does not commit the fouls they will not get penalized.

Sorry Dude, Not from Harriman but apparently Harriman suffered the same fate as teams have for several yers at Coalfield. Ref's just think they need to help Olde UT Vol alumni out a little. IT's not hard to call a hlding penalty, to call back a big play or a TD. Just add up the penalties on the visiting teams vs Coalfield. This is not new I have seen it for years.