Harriman (8-3) @ Hampton (10-1)

Guest Shocker0

pujo, Hampton might very well be on the road to gold! Let me throw caution in the air though.....Harriman, Midway, and Coalfield are all a bit more talented than the Oneida Club you just faced. Oneida does one thing pretty well, Defense. They were not able to translate their defensive success to the other side of the ball even though they were using basically the same players. The Indians have only about two, maybe three "game changers": Lambert, Jeffers, and maybe on a good night Buttram. Harriman is multiple this year, they have at least 5 skill players with the ability to turn nothing into six. And one of them spends the majority of his time on the bench! :lol:Hampton is a good football team, but I would be hard pressed to show you someone on your schedule that is comparable to two of the teams you are getting ready to face. Oneida hits about as hard as any of them, but their offense is just too vanilla. The next two offenses you face will be better than the one you faced Friday Night. If you can overcome the next two, you might very well be on the road to gold. (course, there is always FC or Temple) :angry:

Kazzy :thumb:

Kaz, I know we have a tough challenge Friday night, but we played these same skill players last season, they got some big plays but they couldn't put it in the endzone. If we can get by this week, Trust me ,we will be a much better team the following week. Were a good solid team without Townsend, but we are alot more dangerous with him. If we get by this week ,He,s back. I've kept up with all the region 2 teams all season. Even Oniida is not that bad on offense, they have moved the ball all year, just not very good in the red zone. From what I've saw this season , I already know ,there is not a team in region 2 that can get by whoever gets comes out of regions 3 and 4. Hampton is our only shot. Like I said before, if Hampton wins Friday night without Townsend, Watch out.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hampton is our only shot...then why worry about them losing, because the better team usually wins.

Well ,first of all ,the best team don't always win. The point I'm trying to make is this. Hampton is at least 2 tds better with Townsend. Harriman is not going to face our best team. If Hampon wins, whoever we play the next week will see us at FULL STRENGTH.

pujo, any word on injuries what is Mike saying about this week's game how do we look compaired to harriman?

Bulldog, as far as health goes ,we are ready to go. Mike knows we are in for a tough test, I think he has watched 175 films, lol. We should know every wrinkle,. I'm pretty sure we'll be ready. GETTTTTTTTTTTURRRRRRRDUNNNNNN

Pujo,

I cannot believe you think Hampton is the only team from Regions 1-2 that can compete in the semis. I think all four have a shot. I personally think the top three teams in Region 2 are much better than last year and Hampton is still just as good if not better. I also don't think any of the teams from Regions 3-4 are as good as Trousdale was last year. I'd still favor FCS, TC or whoever comes out of Regions 3-4, but I think any of the four teams left from this side have a good shot of makingit to Murfreesboro.

Pujo,

I cannot believe you think Hampton is the only team from Regions 1-2 that can compete in the semis. I think all four have a shot. I personally think the top three teams in Region 2 are much better than last year and Hampton is still just as good if not better. I also don't think any of the teams from Regions 3-4 are as good as Trousdale was last year. I'd still favor FCS, TC or whoever comes out of Regions 3-4, but I think any of the four teams left from this side have a good shot of makingit to Murfreesboro.

I honestly don't believe any of our four remaining teams have a chance against against Friendship, Temple, or TC. Now Gordonsville might be a little closer to our teams.

Pujo,

Goose, I agree no one in the state is as good as Trousdale was last season. And actually Coalfield might have a good chance. I see how Midway and Harriman did against some region 4 teams and their stronger teams beat them about 2 tds more. But Coalfield beat Harriman by 14, if they can duplicate this again this week. they have a shot. I'd love to see any of us bring it home ,but I think Coalfield and Hampton are our best chances.

Now that's better. At least you give Coalfield a chance now.

The Coalfield-Harriman game was basically a 7-0 game. Coalfield scored a late TD after Harriman went for a fourth down on their own 30 with two minutes left. And Midway probably should have beat both of them in the regular season. So I still say all four teams left are about equal.

The key to Friday's game at Hampton will be how physical will Harriman play. Last year, even though Harriman had more total yards, Hampton pushed them around and made the Blue Devils one dimensional. Once Hampton got ahead by more than seven you never felt Harriman would win.

I have said this year that Harriman is a much bigger and stronger team, but against Rockwood and Kingston they still couldn't stand toe-to-toe with a physical team. Now against Coalfield, their defense played very well from a physical standpoint. If they play like that again on Friday then they'll have a shot. If not, Hampton will run it down their throat like last year and they'll make Hrriman one dimensional again.

I'll say it again, Harriman must beat Hampton at their own game, being physical. If they stand toe-to-toe with hampton then you got to think all those playmakers will make some plays this year.

Now that's better. At least you give Coalfield a chance now.

The Coalfield-Harriman game was basically a 7-0 game. Coalfield scored a late TD after Harriman went for a fourth down on their own 30 with two minutes left. And Midway probably should have beat both of them in the regular season. So I still say all four teams left are about equal.

The key to Friday's game at Hampton will be how physical will Harriman play. Last year, even though Harriman had more total yards, Hampton pushed them around and made the Blue Devils one dimensional. Once Hampton got ahead by more than seven you never felt Harriman would win.

I have said this year that Harriman is a much bigger and stronger team, but against Rockwood and Kingston they still couldn't stand toe-to-toe with a physical team. Now against Coalfield, their defense played very well from a physical standpoint. If they play like that again on Friday then they'll have a shot. If not, Hampton will run it down their throat like last year and they'll make Hrriman one dimensional again.

I'll say it again, Harriman must beat Hampton at their own game, being physical. If they stand toe-to-toe with hampton then you got to think all those playmakers will make some plays this year.

Thats about as good as you can put it, I agree in every respect.