Harriman (8-3) @ Hampton (10-1)

Guest Shocker0

There is no way that Harriman would be overlooking Hampton. They got physically manhandled by them last year in the 21-0 loss.

I do agree with whoever said Harriman is bigger and stronger this year. Their line wasn't that good last year because they were so small, but they only lost one guy last year so they are all a year bigger and stronger. Then throw in three transfers like Cole Jones, C.E. Manis and Brad Williams and you can see why they are a much better team physically this year. Last year, they were strictly a finesse team. This year they've added the ability to run the ball at teams behind a pretty good line.

This year Harriman is averaging 220 yards per game rushing and that's up from 159 yards from last year. Their passing is up from 86 to 109. The big thing, however, is they've scored an extra 18 TDs which I think is from the improved line play being able in punch the ball into the end zone from the red zone. Last year, they struggled with that. Just look at the Hampton game, 0-5 in the red zone.

Is Harriman a private school, I never hear of little public schools getting that many transfers that can start. Temple is the only one that comes to mind. Are they recruiting or was it just a good run of luck.

Edited by pujo

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole and C.E. transferred from Kingston because coach King wouldn't give them a chance and Brad came from Florida....And I'm not pumping up Harriman to get beat..I'm just simply stating my opinion in that this year is the best chance Harriman has to get past them.To say a team is better w/out a stand-out player I think is not true unless they are causing problems within the team. If you take goins away from Harriman then I dont think they would be playing rite now because Hampton wouldve put them out last week. If you take Davis away from coalfield how are they goin to look.Lyle or Robinson from Midway. Rone from Cosby. In every one of these situations the teams would not be what or in some cases where they are now..No disrespect but just the truth. With or without Townsend Hampton can be beaten.. Im just sayin that it'd be easier without him because I don't think that Hampton can beat Harriman @ 90 or 95% when Harriman has 100%..but we know the story- It all comes down to who wants it the most...Cause there is one thing I do know...them Hampton boys got ALOT of HEART and won't lay down for nobody.

Guest Shocker0

Every game that I have heard on the radio with Harriman in it, They always expect the Williams guy to be the player of the game...and that's the last thing I hear about him for the rest of the night. Is he good...or just big?

I'm not all that crazy about punting on 3rd down, but in some situations, its probably a good call. I've saw J C do it several times,and I wouldn't have done it the other night. But J C has been doing this for along time and I've seem him pull out some games where he looked like he was beat. The reason he did it was, I think it was 3rd down and about 12, he didn't want to risk throwing the ball and maybe throwing an interception deep in our own territory. Also when you quick kick like that, the other team has no one back to return it. The bottom line is ,it didn't hurt us and we won the game. All coaches do things that we as spectators think is crazy, and sometimes we are probably right. But about any Coach knows alot more than the average fan. I didn't like the call the other night, but what I liked less was the all the name calling along the sidelines. JC deserves better than that. A man that has put in 30 years on the sidelines don't deserve people calling him ignorant and stupid.

He quick kicks or he runs up the middle or all we do is run the ball. At the first of the year people were complaining about running to much. Then we pass the ball and now they say we got to run to win in the play offs. I don't care what coach you are or how good you are someone is always going to complain. As long as we get the W WHO CARES!

To tell you the truth...i think he is highly recruited because of his size. John Martin from kingston Dominated him the whole game...and Coalfield got him out of his game so bad that he jumped offsides like 3 time and was holding some...He is gonna be good where ever he decides to go but right now i think his size i somewhat of a disadvantage because he's playing against faster and quicker players. When that great college coach gets ahold of him and shows him the right techniques then he will be great..As for right now i think he's just TOO big for some of the teams he's playing.

To tell you the truth...i think he is highly recruited because of his size. John Martin from kingston Dominated him the whole game...and Coalfield got him out of his game so bad that he jumped offsides like 3 time and was holding some...He is gonna be good where ever he decides to go but right now i think his size i somewhat of a disadvantage because he's playing against faster and quicker players. When that great college coach gets ahold of him and shows him the right techniques then he will be great..As for right now i think he's just TOO big for some of the teams he's playing.

Well everyone can say what they want about Hampton this and Hampton that but the truth is that Hampton isn't Hampton without Townsend.People can say what they want about team this and team that but the truth is that w/out him they are vulnerable to defeat. It's like Coalfield, when you think about that team you think about Brandon Davis.If you can shut him down then you have a GREAT chance to beat them. When coaches gameplan i guarantee they are telling their players that we have to stop this kid or we aren't goin to win.That's the truth.The same goes for Goins on Harriman ask Coalfield-They had him running for his life on every down and that is what prevented him from being the playmaker he is and ultimately shut their offense down which enabled Coalfield to win the game. Hampton doesn't have Townsend so one of the main keys to the dominant force that stormed through teams in the regular season isn't there.And believe me they are not going to pass on Harriman. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME OR BETTER W/OUT HIM>>THEIR WORSE...This is Harriman's one and only shot to get a rematch with their region rivals,show everyone they can play, and make it clear that region 2 dominates region 1. Take it one day at a time and be focused on the game.And for the Seniors on the team, play your heart out because this could be the last game of some of your football careers.

You are right about Townsend and Brandon Davis but, I said this many times this year we have other great players, 4 good running backs, a whole different style from Townsend and we have one of the best receivers compared to skogen in 1a and we got one of the smartest Qb they are in 1a, heck his dad is Mike Lundsford what more can you ask for and throw in a fast mean hitting defence and a big ole offence line with two of the winnest coaches in 1a if I was Harriman coaches I would be real sick Friday night!

I am not sure but i could probably say that most of the schools in Florida have their eye on him since he was there last year...I am just going out on a limb to say that I think that Florida State has offered him a scholarshipand some others...I do know this though..He has 2 cell phones..1 for friends and family the other for the college coaches that call and talk to him.