Harriman (8-3) @ Hampton (10-1)

Guest Shocker0

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although your theory sounds good on the outside, the truth really is that the one game we lost this year was WITH Adam and guess what.............they ddin't shut him down. He still had around 250 yards rushing, only we fumbled the ball 7 times to Johnson County, who by the way, went to the playoffs this year..........in 4A ball. Even we as fans of Hampton kinda doubted how it would be with out Adam, especially at Cosby. But that was game 7 and now we are on game 12 and still without a loss. So are we vulnerable to lose, absolutely, just like every team in football. Does it hurt by not having Adam? Absolutley. He is the quick score for Hampton, the flash, the glitter that made Hampton football electric. Unfortunately we now just have to play smash mouth football, and trust me, that is way more up our alley. We have done it for years.

Well said...you go brother!!! Good luck Dogs...take us to the 3rd round!!!!! :thumb:

Well everyone can say what they want about Hampton this and Hampton that but the truth is that Hampton isn't Hampton without Townsend.People can say what they want about team this and team that but the truth is that w/out him they are vulnerable to defeat. It's like Coalfield, when you think about that team you think about Brandon Davis.If you can shut him down then you have a GREAT chance to beat them. When coaches gameplan i guarantee they are telling their players that we have to stop this kid or we aren't goin to win.That's the truth.The same goes for Goins on Harriman ask Coalfield-They had him running for his life on every down and that is what prevented him from being the playmaker he is and ultimately shut their offense down which enabled Coalfield to win the game. Hampton doesn't have Townsend so one of the main keys to the dominant force that stormed through teams in the regular season isn't there.And believe me they are not going to pass on Harriman. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME OR BETTER W/OUT HIM>>THEIR WORSE...This is Harriman's one and only shot to get a rematch with their region rivals,show everyone they can play, and make it clear that region 2 dominates region 1. Take it one day at a time and be focused on the game.And for the Seniors on the team, play your heart out because this could be the last game of some of your football careers.

Although Adam was our best weapon before the injury, it still took a team effort. Since the loss of Adam ,this TEAM has stepped it up. I could name alot of important players for Hampton, but the only name that matters is Hampton. I'm sure you will see several more reasons for Hamptons success. Another thing , I wouldn't be so sure Hampton won't pass on Harriman. This outfit can do alot of things.

Well I can tell you this. If Hampton beats Harriman without the Townsend kid I would be very shocked..The only way I can see Harriman losing is if they beat themselves..As far as the team goes..I think Harriman is the better team because they are just as big this year and are at full strength...Harriman's biggest problem is their discipline and heart..If Hampton punches them in the mouth early like Kingston and Coalfield did then I think the Harriman players will lay down and give up like they have seemed to do this season.And If you think Hampton is going to pass on Harriman then you're CRAZY..Harriman has faced way better players at skill positions than Hampton has..I think if Harriman plays SMART then they will win this game by a TD or more

Well I can tell you this. If Hampton beats Harriman without the Townsend kid I would be very shocked..The only way I can see Harriman losing is if they beat themselves..As far as the team goes..I think Harriman is the better team because they are just as big this year and are at full strength...Harriman's biggest problem is their discipline and heart..If Hampton punches them in the mouth early like Kingston and Coalfield did then I think the Harriman players will lay down and give up like they have seemed to do this season.And If you think Hampton is going to pass on Harriman then you're CRAZY..Harriman has faced way better players at skill positions than Hampton has..I think if Harriman plays SMART then they will win this game by a TD or more

I don't think you are being very fair, if Hampton wins, it will be because they scored more points. The way you put it , harriman can lose, but there is no way Hampton can win. Cosby also doubted Hamptons passing game, but when Adam went down on the very first play, they got an education.. Hampton's not going to try and throw it alot, but if Harriman starts cheating on the run ,bingo,bango bongo,give um 6. You can get on here and tell us about all the great teams you've played, but just exactly who have you beat. The only good win you have on your resume is Midway and you should have lost that one. Bring it on up here 'strap um up and LETS GET IT ON.

For someone to be talking about beating a formidable opponent..it couldn't be Hampton..Who has Hampton played...Cosby...Johnson County that gave them an L...Well we see what Midway did to Cosby so that couldn't work and whether if it was by a half point or by a million..a W is a W.

I'm not the one getting on here telling about the talented teams and players Hampton has faced. Hampton should have beat Johnson Co and trust me, they are a good squad. I'm not even crazry enough to tell you .Hampton is going to win Friday night. If Harriman does win. I won't get on here and tell you Hampton layed down and quit. I will tell you one thing for sure, Hampton can definately win without Adam Townsend. We had a team before he got hurt, we've got a better one now. Like I told people when it happened, it will take some time to adjust , They have adjusted, and if we win Friday night, we will be even better the next week when Adam returns.

There is no way that Harriman would be overlooking Hampton. They got physically manhandled by them last year in the 21-0 loss.

I do agree with whoever said Harriman is bigger and stronger this year. Their line wasn't that good last year because they were so small, but they only lost one guy last year so they are all a year bigger and stronger. Then throw in three transfers like Cole Jones, C.E. Manis and Brad Williams and you can see why they are a much better team physically this year. Last year, they were strictly a finesse team. This year they've added the ability to run the ball at teams behind a pretty good line.

This year Harriman is averaging 220 yards per game rushing and that's up from 159 yards from last year. Their passing is up from 86 to 109. The big thing, however, is they've scored an extra 18 TDs which I think is from the improved line play being able in punch the ball into the end zone from the red zone. Last year, they struggled with that. Just look at the Hampton game, 0-5 in the red zone.

Edited by goosevol