Haywood Tomcats (4-7) at Dyersburg Trojans (10-1)

treefitty74

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got through watching tape of Crockett-Haywood this afternoon (Sunday). Crockett played starters throughout. Jarvis Perry was hurt in the second quarter, of course. Haywood has just become tougher and tougher, changed their offense the last 3 games. They are huge up front and are going to be a load for anyone.

Great to hear! Go Haywood!

another tuff test for the trojans...

this game will be close and hard fought.....

i hope the team remembers the challenge in the movie the team watched last week (facing the giants)...

"praise him when you win and when you loose....... glorify him by giving it your all on every play".........

i witnessed that very thing this past friday against mitchell....when tettleton and chapman came from nowhere and plowed the qb to prevent the two point conversion......that was all heart....

Edited by mg

First of all,,,,I have been told that MG is the "voice of the Trojans"

That is great, I have to say he is probably the best annouceer in the regon.

Got to be better then Haywoods,,,,,,,,Lets see,,last time we were there there was no National Athem,No prayer,,,Nothing,,it just seemed as if the teams walked to the field and played,,,It was the worst expierence I have ver had at a football game,,the only plus was Haywood's radio station 95.2 , and they talked bad about the Trojans..........No Repext

I know how good the Tomcats D is , the trojans really could have had one more touchdown against the tomcats. And running the football wont just be easy but wth J.T back the whole game, it will be a little easier. I believe that Caldwell will have more yards in this one,,Hopefully the weater holds up, and Counce can let the offense go, but after seeing last week's game against mitchell the offense is ready to put it together...The Trojans put 17 to 20 on the board...so then it comes down to the Tomcat offense which I really believe with the Trojans coming in as fired up as they were last week they will have no problem containing the tomcats and and keeping them to single digits,,,There is no one athlete on the Haywood team that can make the plays that the QB from Mitchell made last week , this lets the trojans really play any way the want and Elam comes up big....I think its goin to be trojans 17 Haywood 7

First of all,,,,I have been told that MG is the "voice of the Trojans"

That is great, I have to say he is probably the best annouceer in the regon.

Got to be better then Haywoods,,,,,,,,Lets see,,last time we were there there was no National Athem,No prayer,,,Nothing,,it just seemed as if the teams walked to the field and played,,,It was the worst expierence I have ver had at a football game,,the only plus was Haywood's radio station 95.2 , and they talked bad about the Trojans..........No Repext

It's easy to kick a dog (or a cat) when he is down. Let's be fair. The PA system, which tested okay that afternoon, malfunctioned that night. The national anthem was sung by the combined choirs of HHS, but without a PA system, I doubt you heard it.

I don't believe there was a prayer. Not that I agree, but the constitutionality of public prayer (sponsored by a public school) prior to an athletic contest might be a reason as to why.

Haywood's football announcer was limited because of the malfunctioning PA system, but he does a good job, and he doesn't show a whole lot of favoritism. A courtesy that a few other announcers in the region could follow.

Brownsville radio (95.3) is reasonably fair also. I listen to their broadcasts during the games, and if anything, they are somewhat critical of the Tomcats (especially this year).

Also, Haywood, like some other teams in the region, has had its problems with injuries too. The starting quarterback broke his hand a little over a week before the start of the season. As a result, he missed the first 5 games of the season. Since his return, the Tomcats have been able to do a few more things on offense.

I apologize for the diatribe, but I just wanted to set the record straight for those fans who are not familiar with Brownsville or Haywood High. Neither the school, nor the city, are as bad as a few Region 7 - 3A fans would lead you to believe.

Good luck to all of the teams playing this week.

well I appreciate you letting me see the errors of my ways...Now I will say that the announcers on the Radio did seem a little critical of the Trojans that night. And the one thing that we noticed about that game was our players walked out to the field , and kicked it off like it was nothing,,,Sorry about the mistakes you PA system had that nite but I wasnt the only person who notice that it was particular quite that night, and it was Senior nite..........

Since we have been playing Haywood way back in 4A they have always played us tough but I will still stick with the pick I made in the beginning,,,,,,,,,,,,Ur offense will not be able to post 28 against a D that has made a tremendous improvement since the Crockett game. We have more fire power on offnese and although it will be a defensive struggle...We can put points on the board when needed. Ur team uup intil last week hasnt been able to, and if you take away that late touchdown that our D gave up,,,It really was a Dyersburg game last time...With Beasley back and Taylor health, the weather is supposed to be nice.....Its close but DHS has to many options,,,,,,,,17-7 dyersbrg,,,,Its goin to be heck of a ball game

Well i was hesitant to say it but now that i have some company out here on this limb i feel better. If Haywood has truly woken up then i think maybe they have as good a chance as anybody to play with dyersburg's big boys in the trenches and they have athletes to contain the dyersburg speedsters. Haywood 16, Dyersburg 14!

Im with you mr. crockett 56!!!!

U really believe that Haywood is goin to post 21 against this defense,,,,

thats funny,

I dont think that the tomcats have scored 21 against the top three teams in this region the last two seasons....come on now./

and with J.T back..Yeah right

i believe he had trouble with # 51 last time , who by the way, is a sopohmore.