Jackson Southside vs. Giles County

me4sshs

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles County Will win this games with no problem it seems that Jackson South Side Had Trouble With a 4th Place team in Cheatham County who isnt very good so i think theyve played alotta weak teams sein as there the only once in there region that one so Giles County Will Roll Over them

Is anyone here ready to pick Maryville to get beat in the second round.I mean hey the just got by 4-6 Brainard the fourth place team in the region.I was @ the Cheatam County v. Southside game and I will tell you cheatam county played well but do not even consider the chance of another effort from Southside like last week.This is a focused football team who made some bad plays last week.I know many of you loved it and it gave you the chance to come in here and say see I told you they are no good,but I have covered this team all year and they are not overrated by any means.I look forward to a great game friday hope to see you all there. :thumb:

Is anyone here ready to pick Maryville to get beat in the second round.I mean hey the just got by 4-6 Brainard the fourth place team in the region.I was @ the Cheatam County v. Southside game and I will tell you cheatam county played well but do not even consider the chance of another effort from Southside like last week.This is a focused football team who made some bad plays last week.I know many of you loved it and it gave you the chance to come in here and say see I told you they are no good,but I have covered this team all year and they are not overrated by any means.I look forward to a great game friday hope to see you all there. :thumb:

Right you are seabass. SS has it going this year. A big line and some great backs. I will say this though. SS had no problem scoring on Cheatham County, but I have to wonder how if coach Hayes had his defense fully prepared for the passing attack that Cheatham unleashed on them. Southside has the horses to go a long way, but it`s important in this stage of the game that the coach prepares them each week for what their opponent will throw at them. The regular season is over. Games that could easily be won by just going out and doing what you do are behind them. Preparedness for the "next" opponent is a must. I have no idea what Giles County`s strength`s and weaknesses are, but it`s imperative that Coach Hayes knows and has his Hawks ready for it. I just don`t think he had them fully prepared for last weeks game.

Like I said...SS has what it takes, but at this stage in the game it starts falling on the coach to KNOW the next opponent and have the team prepared.

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826236936' date='Nov 7 2006 - 05:33 PM']

Right you are seabass. SS has it going this year. A big line and some great backs. I will say this though. SS had no problem scoring on Cheatham County, but I have to wonder how if coach Hayes had his defense fully prepared for the passing attack that Cheatham unleashed on them. Southside has the horses to go a long way, but it`s important in this stage of the game that the coach prepares them each week for what their opponent will throw at them. The regular season is over. Games that could easily be won by just going out and doing what you do are behind them. Preparedness for the "next" opponent is a must. I have no idea what Giles County`s strength`s and weaknesses are, but it`s imperative that Coach Hayes knows and has his Hawks ready for it. I just don`t think he had them fully prepared for last weeks game.

Like I said...SS has what it takes, but at this stage in the game it starts falling on the coach to KNOW the next opponent and have the team prepared.

I totally agree. SS is a great team and hopefully they will come out and play like a team. I'm sure Hayes is working on the passing game. I think SS let themselves get a little comfortable after their 10-0 win. You could tell in the 4th qtr last week that the SS of "old" was coming back. They got a wake up call. Let's see if they are still awake this Friday night. Good Luck Hawks! Seabass, is SS's game covered on the radio this Friday?

I totally agree. SS is a great team and hopefully they will come out and play like a team. I'm sure Hayes is working on the passing game. I think SS let themselves get a little comfortable after their 10-0 win. You could tell in the 4th qtr last week that the SS of "old" was coming back. They got a wake up call. Let's see if they are still awake this Friday night. Good Luck Hawks! Seabass, is SS's game covered on the radio this Friday?

yep,it is our game of the week.Pregame coverage begins @ 6pm

Is anyone here ready to pick Maryville to get beat in the second round.I mean hey the just got by 4-6 Brainard the fourth place team in the region.I was @ the Cheatam County v. Southside game and I will tell you cheatam county played well but do not even consider the chance of another effort from Southside like last week.This is a focused football team who made some bad plays last week.I know many of you loved it and it gave you the chance to come in here and say see I told you they are no good,but I have covered this team all year and they are not overrated by any means.I look forward to a great game friday hope to see you all there. B)

Seabass Rules!

Long live the cheap seats!

I dont like people playing on my phone!!! B)

here are some things to think about..

Earl Nall Prep performance poll in 3A has

SS @ #5 with a rating of 71.7

Giles @ #13 with a rating of 57.2

Cheatam #14 also with a rating of 57.2

Sony Moors Power Rating

SS #6 in 3A

Giles #12

Cheatam #14

Coach T's Strength + Success Rating

SS #4 @ 1.42

Giles #6 @ 1.38

Cheatam #34 @ .95

I see a pattern here. South Side definately has the ability and I think everybody knows that. If South Side loses this one it wont fall on the shoulders of the players, or their effort, because they bring it EVERY WEEK. Coach Hayes HAS to step it up this week.

You may be surprised. Giles County is a much better team than Cheatham County. Run or pass.

OUCH!!! :lol:

J/K with you man. Giles is not 10-1 by accident. They've had an outstanding season and shockingly they've accomplished this under these circumstances:

1.) They have a first year head coach in David O'Connor.

2.) Sam Edgmon missed some time due to injury and played hurt at times also.

3.) Joseph Dunnavant missed a few games with an injury (ie David Lipscomb).

Giles Co. has had an amazing run this year and I for one don't expect that run to end on Friday Night. They have a large and good group of seniors and the coaching staff always seems to have them well prepared. Giles Co. will be playing in the quarterfinals of the playoffs next week at David Lipscomb.

here are some things to think about..

Earl Nall Prep performance poll in 3A has

SS @ #5 with a rating of 71.7

Giles @ #13 with a rating of 57.2

Cheatam #14 also with a rating of 57.2

Sony Moors Power Rating

SS #6 in 3A

Giles #12

Cheatam #14

Coach T's Strength + Success Rating

SS #4 @ 1.42

Giles #6 @ 1.38

Cheatam #34 @ .95

I see a pattern here. South Side definately has the ability and I think everybody knows that. If South Side loses this one it wont fall on the shoulders of the players, or their effort, because they bring it EVERY WEEK. Coach Hayes HAS to step it up this week.

I agree with you. Let's hope you are right. The kids do bring it every week. We will see if this coaching staff really has what it takes to get the job done, to win! They can't just tell the kids "you didn't play hard enough", you have to be able to help them adjust and do what needs to be done on the field. These kids have played hard all season and Friday will be no exception. Time will tell! See everyone Friday! Go South Side!