Jackson Southside vs. Giles County

me4sshs

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SS secondary had a horible night Friday, but their offence was unstoppable. Something elese that no one has mentioned yet is that Cheatam Co. kept themselves in that game largely by onside kickoff recoveries and trick plays that worked VERY well for them. I think SS will handle Giles Co. better than they did Cheatam Co. I dont think that Cheatams regular season record was a good indicator of their ability.

SS - 42

Giles Co. - 21

GO HAWKS!!!

When they annouced the score of that game at the crockett game the whole crowd like gasped and a lot of chattering for a few seconds

and when South Side wins will that qualify Giles Co. as "another cupcake team" ? :(

Anyone who qualified Cheatham Co. as a "cupcake team" needs to have their head(s) examined :thumb: The Cubs have been to the playoffs the last five years and have made noise in the past when they've gotten there. Ask the 2005 Liberty team that entered the playoffs on a roll before the Cubs came to town. Ask Drew Hayes, Cody Cook, & the rest of the 2004 McKenzie Rebels that got 50 hung on 'em by the Cubs. Ask the 2004 Huntingdon Mustangs who had fits with the Cubs in their second round meeting that year. Ask David Lipscomb is Cheatham Co. a team that will line up and simply hit you in the mouth. Just because Jackson South Side got added to the list of teams that got more than what they expected from Cheatham Co. in the playoffs doesn't mean that they have to somehow take away from the Cubs efforts last week. GIVE ME A BREAK :lol:

At 10-1 overall (lone loss was to Lipscomb without their starting QB) Giles Co. can't be considered a "pushover" by anyone out there. RIGHT NOW THERE IS A BUS FULL OF KIDS HEADING FROM PULASKI TO JACKSON!!!! The team that gets off of that bus is going to be the same team that possibly eliminates Jackson South Side from the 2006 State Playoffs.

The SS secondary had a horible night Friday, but their offence was unstoppable. Something elese that no one has mentioned yet is that Cheatam Co. kept themselves in that game largely by onside kickoff recoveries and trick plays that worked VERY well for them. I think SS will handle Giles Co. better than they did Cheatam Co. I dont think that Cheatams regular season record was a good indicator of their ability.

SS - 42

Giles Co. - 21

GO HAWKS!!!

the coaching staff at SS will have them ready

they are going to run the ball down gc throat all night with forrest, james,and

bates on there last drive aganist cc they ran dives and sweeps down the field on them forrest not only runs good but blocks for his fb good i seen him take out a couple of cc lb last friday to spring big runs

SouthSide by at least 21!

I throughly love how when the playoffs roll around, how people seem to forget a team's work for the 10 weeks prior to it, and focus only on the week before. I think South Side may have had a bit of the "looking past" syndrome on Friday. I don't see it happening again. Southside by 10.

here are some things to think about..

Earl Nall Prep performance poll in 3A has

SS @ #5 with a rating of 71.7

Giles @ #13 with a rating of 57.2

Cheatam #14 also with a rating of 57.2

Sony Moors Power Rating

SS #6 in 3A

Giles #12

Cheatam #14

Coach T's Strength + Success Rating

SS #4 @ 1.42

Giles #6 @ 1.38

Cheatam #34 @ .95

I see a pattern here. South Side definately has the ability and I think everybody knows that. If South Side loses this one it wont fall on the shoulders of the players, or their effort, because they bring it EVERY WEEK. Coach Hayes HAS to step it up this week.

We'll see if I'm the one crying...... :(

uh hoorah :rolleyes:

Isn't Pulaski in Giles Co. ?

Its not going to happen. I still stick with my original prediction.

SS-42

GC - 21

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and when South Side wins will that qualify Giles Co. as "another cupcake team" ? :(

Let's see...which one do I pick?.......Looks like Giles County rolled over a nice cupcake 21-7. My goodness the 6-3a champion that had a "state" championship defense got 66 pts rang up on them by two 5-3a teams and fortunately for SS they did not have to see #1 5-3a DL or it would have been well over a 100+++++ pts. Time to start BB practice.

Out of some of these quotes I did see some things that did happen. the ball DID get run down the throats of someone..only it was Giles doing the running and I think that cupcake does fit this year as in ....YOU'RE OUT OF HERE!!!!

Southside fan 78.....and big mike....welllll boys you talked the talk but ?????....looks like Giles walked the walk and takes a convincing victory on the road against "cupcake" region 6-3A. By the way I love cupcakes...

annnddd....sshawks needs some math work.

I repeat...no state champ out of region 6...what were you thinking.....bad news again for region 6...almost every team returns a bunch in region 5 and it will be ugly next year

Edited by bulldog69