Suggestion for TSSAA

Solomon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ticket prices should be low for kids that attend the taxpayer funded schools", and for those that don't the price should be what? Not all schools in Div. 1 are taxpayer funded, so what should you charge them?

Well that is another point. Because the privates support their own schools why should they give any $$$$$$$ to the T$$AA? It is because the kids at the schools are insured by the insurance group plan the T$$AA pays for is my guess and have to be members to be able to play other member schools. In 2004 the T$$AA reported that the revenue for the Football play-offs was $744,506.00. But the insurance I think costs just $545,747.00. Basketball play-offs brought in another $641,276.00. Member dues were another $688,246.00!

It’s a good thing the kids bring in this kind of money because the compensation of the officers, other salaries and wages, pension plans, “other benefits" and the employee payroll taxes come to $1,042,687.00. Wow a million bucks to pay the front office! Not to mention another 65K to pay for travel! Flying to Destin, Florida and playing some golf during those week long winter meetings is costly ya know.

I do think the T$$AA does a good job, but for this kind of money they should!

I really hate talking about this, but can't everyone agree governance at all levels is getting way out of hand and with the T$$AA numbers I posted proves my point.

Besides it is all for the kids, yea right! :thumb:

Well that is another point. Because the privates support their own schools why should they give any $$$$$$$ to the T$$AA? It is because the kids at the schools are insured by the insurance group plan the T$$AA pays for is my guess and have to be members to be able to play other member schools. In 2004 the T$$AA reported that the revenue for the Football play-offs was $744,506.00. But the insurance I think costs just $545,747.00. Basketball play-offs brought in another $641,276.00. Member dues were another $688,246.00!

It’s a good thing the kids bring in this kind of money because the compensation of the officers, other salaries and wages, pension plans, “other benefits" and the employee payroll taxes come to $1,042,687.00. Wow a million bucks to pay the front office! Not to mention another 65K to pay for travel! Flying to Destin, Florida and playing some golf during those week long winter meetings is costly ya know.

I do think the T$$AA does a good job, but for this kind of money they should!

I really hate talking about this, but can't everyone agree governance at all levels is getting way out of hand and with the T$$AA numbers I posted proves my point.

Besides it is all for the kids, yea right! :lol:

Well, anyone who makes it to the Boro it is 5 to park 10 to get in 3 for hot choc and 1.50 for skittles, so if your feeling ripped off now bend over. Oh yea to those who win it all -- it is priceless. :D Good luck to all the teams left. Oh, by the way I have no dog in any of the hunts but did go watch BA vs McCallie, what a game. And will probably go watch Ooltewah-Smyrna next week, just like high school football.

Edited by my2cents

I, too, believe that students should have discount tickets. At our High School, there is no discount for students, but student athletes get in all athletic events for free, excluding playoffs anf tournaments. We also have started a spring fling day in which all spring sports play at home on a Sat. and everyone gets into all games for one admission price - this has worked well.

I would also like to see football players able to get into other football playoff games for free after they have finished their season. Our school did not make the playoffs, but my son likes to go and support the teams from our region that did. It would be a small appreciation to him from the TSSAA for all he did throughout the regular season. This should apply to all sports, not just football.

I do not really know a lot about who sets the price of admission, but I believe that the TSSAA could make some suggestions to member schools to encourage student body support of the athletic program. The way I see it, if we lower the ticket price that gives the kids more money to spend on concessions and spirit wear. The school will be able to re-coup a lot of the money lost on discounted ticket prices.