Suggestion for TSSAA

Solomon

Ronnie Carter did not set the 7.00 price, I believe these fine people are in charge of setting the rules. Let them know what you think of it or any other matter as far as that is concerned.

http://tssaa.org/BoardofControl/boardof.htm

http://tssaa.org/LegislativeCouncil/legislat.htm

Read my first post of this thread. I know that very little can go through without the the schools approving it. That's why I said to take it to the schools, not Carter, not Hermitage, the schools.

But I do believe that the folks in Hermitage do have a big say in what the agenda and planning are don't they, even if they don't have final say?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you are saying. It just seems to me so many times people complain about what the TSSAA is doing. I may be totally wrong but I always thought they were to carry out the rules passed by the schools. They themselves don't make them, may give their opinion but have no vote on it. I could be wrong though. I did not really know about the legislative council and board of control till I read on another thread Coach T mention them. In the past I would read in the paper that they were having a meeting about so n so, just never took the time to see who were on these boards. Hey Coach T can you give me a quick lesson on the structure or process of the TSSAA. Or anyone else for that matter as long as you know it for fact.

I think the TSSAA does a good job there is no way that they will make everyone happy i also agree that a student should get some sort of discounted price to encourage participation (espcially athletes from different sports) but i also understand why they have to charge with football and basketball so much. while those 2 make a lot of money....your other sports dont really have a high revenue..for example at Riverdale high school we allow all student in the game for free for baseball games and we sell a season ticket to adults for $10 (until playoffs) there was a cross country meet a few weeks ago how much money did that bring in probably no too much but they still had a lot of expenses so i do understand the price increase but having 6 in my family and 2 high school kids i know it is VERY expensive but i thinkit is important to encourage your kids to participate in their school activities so i will either pay for them to go to a game (which i am at)or i can spend the money getting them out of trouble of which i would be clueless

I know what you are saying. It just seems to me so many times people complain about what the TSSAA is doing. I may be totally wrong but I always thought they were to carry out the rules passed by the schools. They themselves don't make them, may give their opinion but have no vote on it. I could be wrong though. I did not really know about the legislative council and board of control till I read on another thread Coach T mention them. In the past I would read in the paper that they were having a meeting about so n so, just never took the time to see who were on these boards. Hey Coach T can you give me a quick lesson on the structure or process of the TSSAA. Or anyone else for that matter as long as you know it for fact.

This is part of the reason I quit discussing in any medium about officiating quality. I figure until the schools decide to invest some more in it to create better officials that there isn't really reason to say or do anything about it. Everything directly goes back to the schools. Sadly though, as in every situation, some schools carry more weight than others and politics start to reign.

I honestly don't care to pay $7 a ticket. It's not really that much for me, and I am sure I could find other stuff to do on Friday night that would be more expensive. I Do agree with the others that I wish the break-up was 1/3 for all parties involved, but that will never change. I just wish they would cut a break for the students because, well, they are students. I really can't give you a better reason than that. Give them a cheap night of entertainment and create some school pride.

I think the TSSAA does a good job there is no way that they will make everyone happy i also agree that a student should get some sort of discounted price to encourage participation (espcially athletes from different sports) but i also understand why they have to charge with football and basketball so much. while those 2 make a lot of money....your other sports dont really have a high revenue..for example at Riverdale high school we allow all student in the game for free for baseball games and we sell a season ticket to adults for $10 (until playoffs) there was a cross country meet a few weeks ago how much money did that bring in probably no too much but they still had a lot of expenses so i do understand the price increase but having 6 in my family and 2 high school kids i know it is VERY expensive but i thinkit is important to encourage your kids to participate in their school activities so i will either pay for them to go to a game (which i am at)or i can spend the money getting them out of trouble of which i would be clueless

Do your high school kids get into Home games for free during the regular season? Mine did when they were in school. What does your team charge for regular season home games? The regular season games I have been going to are 6.00. I noticed you said in baseball until the playoffs started, do you remember what they charged to get into a playoff game in baseball? And that could be 3 or 4 days in a row at a time. The reason I ask is, I just do not get the uproar that is going on about 7.00 (a week) tickets. I know with a family of 6 it gets to be expensive, but it seems anything that is "family fun" is high priced. Don't even think of the trouble price it ain't close. :angry:

Do your high school kids get into Home games for free during the regular season? Mine did when they were in school. What does your team charge for regular season home games? The regular season games I have been going to are 6.00. I noticed you said in baseball until the playoffs started, do you remember what they charged to get into a playoff game in baseball? And that could be 3 or 4 days in a row at a time. The reason I ask is, I just do not get the uproar that is going on about 7.00 (a week) tickets. I know with a family of 6 it gets to be expensive, but it seems anything that is "family fun" is high priced. Don't even think of the trouble price it ain't close. :lol:

They get in for free for baseball football is 5 dollars and yes in tournament time it is usually 3 games a week...like i said i dont mind the $7 during the playoffs i know the trouble price is much higher

I think most of us agree most kids can afford the ticket prices, but why should they have to pay just to keep the fat cats with the T$$AA in the money to be blunt? This organization should not be listed as non-profit while they are banking thousands of dollars that they do not have to pay out to run the organization. And the directors and staff make big money for the work they do. The schools run the ball games. The schools AD's and staff supervise the games and collect the money and the T$$AA collects the money.

The Board of control is mainly back scratching and politics. But if there is a board of control what do we need the T$$AA for?

Bottom line the T$$AA should only collect what they need to run the organization, pay the officials and pay insurance ect. Like they do. But the directors should not be making 85-130K plus a huge retirement plan for the limited duties they perform. Ticket prices should be low for the kids who attend the taxpayer funded schools, it is only fair in my mind.

I think most of us agree most kids can afford the ticket prices, but why should they have to pay just to keep the fat cats with the T$$AA in the money to be blunt? This organization should not be listed as non-profit while they are banking thousands of dollars that they do not have to pay out to run the organization. And the directors and staff make big money for the work they do. The schools run the ball games. The schools AD's and staff supervise the games and collect the money and the T$$AA collects the money.

The Board of control is mainly back scratching and politics. But if there is a board of control what do we need the T$$AA for?

Bottom line the T$$AA should only collect what they need to run the organization, pay the officials and pay insurance ect. Like they do. But the directors should not be making 85-130K plus a huge retirement plan for the limited duties they perform. Ticket prices should be low for the kids who attend the taxpayer funded schools, it is only fair in my mind.

"Ticket prices should be low for kids that attend the taxpayer funded schools", and for those that don't the price should be what? Not all schools in Div. 1 are taxpayer funded, so what should you charge them?

"Ticket prices should be low for kids that attend the taxpayer funded schools", and for those that don't the price should be what? Not all schools in Div. 1 are taxpayer funded, so what should you charge them?

Aw heck, they're private schools, just charge em $100 a pop. :thumb:

(Please let me emphasize the sarcasm and jokingness intended in that post.)