SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

As for last nights game

Smyrnas defense doninated and at least one good thing to come out of the riverdale loss was it made smyrna look at it's whole scheme and personell.

The scheme was changed and personell were moved and changed and it has certainly made a huge difference

The game was not as close as the score smyrna had the ball deep inside Lavergne territory and did not get points

Lavergnes defense has improved dramatically and they had a good plan and executed it well. It was obvious they were not going to let rod wilks beat them again. Their defense played well enough to win last night

Odd - I have never seen a team have a nearly 9 minute 49 yard drive and convert on I believe 4 4th downs. How many times will you ever see a team take that long to go only 49 yards

Lavergnes offense may have been " on a roll" but they were awful last night.

stats for lavergne

5 1st downs

32 rush yards

4 ints

5 fumbles ( 1 lost)

3 punts for average 20 yards

no one can win with stats like that ( see smyrnas 1st game with riverdale for similar stats)

Smyrnas game plan was very effective - keep the ball, Smyrna ran the ball 43 times last night

All the past comments were answered this season

"If we could play Smyrna early we would beat them"

"If we could play Smyrna later we would beat them"

"If we can get a rematch in the playoffs we would beat them"

but you can't blame them because if you didn't believe all the above why even play the game besides we know how it feels and will get our chance next week to try to get that monkey off our back.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense came out playing. They were doing really good. Mental mistakes KILLED us. The offside calls, 4th down conversions, etc. It has a lot to do with the fact that we played Smyrna. Everyone gets uptight and starts to look at the game in a different way when we play Smyrna. Instead of staying focused on winning a football game, everyone starts thinking "what are our fans going to think?" and "dang we're never gonna beat Smyrna". We think to much about who we're playing instead of winning....all the negativity and the giving up I saw on my team last night disgusted me. No matter how good LaVergne is or will be, we will not beat Smyrna unless we have some confidence going into the game. We had the chance to set the tone for next year's game against them. Offense didn't execute. Period. Smyrna's D came to play, but it wasn't so much them as it was killing ourselves. I don't remember the offense having one penalty. We were just too conservative. To me it was flashbacks of the Riverdale game. They stay on the field for about 9:00 minutes and the offense comes in and has to go into panic mode. Just like the Riverdale game, Smyrna didn't punt ONE time. Everytime something good happened for us, like a turnover. We would turn right back around and mess it up. We should have taken advantage of the WR matchups instead of waiting until the 4th quarter to start getting the playmakers the ball. All we have to do now is get better in the offseason. Congrats Smyrna. Good luck wit Riverdale. :thumb:

Edited by HSsportsfootball

The defense came out playing. They were doing really good. Mental mistakes KILLED us. The offside calls, 4th down conversions, etc. It has a lot to do with the fact that we played Smyrna. Everyone gets uptight and starts to look at the game in a different way when we play Smyrna. Instead of staying focused on winning a football game, everyone starts thinking "what are our fans going to think?" and "dang we're never gonna beat Smyrna". We think to much about who we're playing instead of winning....all the negativity and the giving up I saw on my team last night disgusted me. No matter how good LaVergne is or will be, we will not beat Smyrna unless we have some confidence going into the game. We had the chance to set the tone for next year's game against them. Offense didn't execute. Period. Smyrna's D came to play, but it wasn't so much them as it was killing ourselves. I don't remember the offense having one penalty. We were just too conservative. To me it was flashbacks of the Riverdale game. They stay on the field for about 9:00 minutes and the offense comes in and has to go into panic mode. Just like the Riverdale game, Smyrna didn't punt ONE time. Everytime something good happened for us, like a turnover. We would turn right back around and mess it up. We should have taken advantage of the WR matchups instead of waiting until the 4th quarter to start getting the playmakers the ball. All we have to do now is get better in the offseason. Congrats Smyrna. Good luck wit Riverdale. :)

smyrna's D had a little to do with Lavergne's offense not executing. the D disrupted all rhythm for lavergne. i think coach hester tried to get the ball to gray early, arod just did not have a chance to get the ball to him.i have a question for lavergne people though. with gray coming back next year and arod being gone, who is going to be the Qb of the fututre for lavergne?

the ignore option on here is wonderful :)

no need to even see ignorant posters comments its the ultimate dis

haha well i bet smyrna wishes they could use the "ignore" option against riverdale, so they could just avoid the beat down all together, like you avoid yours from me.

its hilarious how im the ignorant one, but you speak your team up for riverdale every time and they never even remotely back what you say they will do.

but yea im back here grittin my teeth and hitting my monitor because you wont even get the priviledge to see this post :thumb:

:D:D;)

haha well i bet smyrna wishes they could use the "ignore" option against riverdale, so they could just avoid the beat down all together, like you avoid yours from me.

its hilarious how im the ignorant one, but you speak your team up for riverdale every time and they never even remotely back what you say they will do.

but yea im back here grittin my teeth and hitting my monitor because you wont even get the priviledge to see this post :thumb:

;):D:D

:)

i told you smyrna had one of the best defensive coaches in the state. when he puts a game plan together and the players do everything right, they other team has no chance whatsoever. congrats smyrna and best of luck next week.

The 1st team d over last 4 games

3 shut outs in the last 3 games ( all points cc/lebanon scored were after the starters were out)

Oakland only scored one td against the defense

so on the last 16 quarters ( 4 games ) the starting D has 3 shut outs and given up 1 td

The defense has certainly made huge improvements. Nothing like getting 49 put on you to make you have to re evaluate!

Hs football I agree with a lot of your post

Was A rod ok last night? He only ran it once or twice and seemed very out of sync he dropped several snaps. Was he injured because he really never tried to scramble or run.

Edited by 82cat

A-rod has had a brusied thigh since after Cookeville.

Chris Gray had tendinitis in his knee since Monday.

Randall had turf toe since Cookeville.

Justin Bather came out the 3rd quarter of cookville with back problems.

Many other knicked up players, but no excuses for what went on last night.

Edited by HSsportsfootball