SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R u trying to say that La Vergne doesnt give Smyrna respect. We give Smyrna alot of respect.

I agree LaVergne does give Smyrna respect, that is why they lose to them everytime. This is football and if I'm on the field with you, I'm not respecting you. Play hard against each other, that is how you show respect in sports. LaVergne has just as many athletes as Smyrna but it is more mental, look at the first game, turnovers killed them. Smyrna does the same thing with Riverdale, there is no way Riverdale should have beat Smyrna without throwing a pass. Too much respect equals a butt kicking, everytime. Remember, they put their pads on just like you put yours on. That goes for both teams no matter who you are playing. Stop helping the other man up everytime you tackle them, let them get up on their own, their is no rule that says you have to help them up. I know some people say sportsmanship, whatever, you are showing sportsmanship by making the tackle and getting up off of him without saying anything to him, that's enough for me.

I agree LaVergne does give Smyrna respect, that is why they lose to them everytime. This is football and if I'm on the field with you, I'm not respecting you. Play hard against each other, that is how you show respect in sports. LaVergne has just as many athletes as Smyrna but it is more mental, look at the first game, turnovers killed them. Smyrna does the same thing with Riverdale, there is no way Riverdale should have beat Smyrna without throwing a pass. Too much respect equals a butt kicking, everytime. Remember, they put their pads on just like you put yours on. That goes for both teams no matter who you are playing. Stop helping the other man up everytime you tackle them, let them get up on their own, their is no rule that says you have to help them up. I know some people say sportsmanship, whatever, you are showing sportsmanship by making the tackle and getting up off of him without saying anything to him, that's enough for me.

Thats weird coach Thomas after the first game on the radio show the next morning that the reason they lost is Smyrna just had more athletes and went on to note all the all state type players Smyrna had??

So lets get this straight

Lavergne has equal athletes

Lavergne has the returning region coach of the year ( who by they way congratulations on beating your first team ever with a winning record last week)

Lavergne has the returning offensive player of the year

Lavergne as this phrase keeps popping up is "on a roll"

Lavergne has always wanted another shot later in the year when they have their offense "rolling"

Smyrna is "struggling" and " barely winning"

I LIKE IT!!

UNDER DOGS AGAIN!!

Thats weird coach Thomas after the first game on the radio show the next morning that the reason they lost is Smyrna just had more athletes and went on to note all the all state type players Smyrna had??

So lets get this straight

Lavergne has equal athletes

Lavergne has the returning region coach of the year ( who by they way congratulations on beating your first team ever with a winning record last week)

Lavergne has the returning offensive player of the year

Lavergne as this phrase keeps popping up is "on a roll"

Lavergne has always wanted another shot later in the year when they have their offense "rolling"

Smyrna is "struggling" and " barely winning"

I LIKE IT!!

UNDER DOGS AGAIN!!

I understand that on the coacht boards, Smyrna sounds like the underdogs but if you listened to any of the post game talk shows last week, pretty much everybody was calling LaVergne the underdog but it should be a good game because of the rival teams meeting in the playoffs. In fact, Murphy Fair said in his interview with 104.5 after last weeks games that speculated Smyrna to be about a 2 TD favorite in this game but the bitter rivalry would make for a great game.

Personally I think all the players from both teams should stay away from these boards this week and concentrate on getting ready for the game this Friday. If you really love playing football and you have a playoff game coming up against your biggest rival, you shouldn't need to come on here looking for or posting anyway "bulletin board" material to get fired up for the game. DISCLAIMER This is the opinion of the poster and not necessarily that of staff or management. LOL

Good Luck to the Wolverines.

I understand that on the coacht boards, Smyrna sounds like the underdogs but if you listened to any of the post game talk shows last week, pretty much everybody was calling LaVergne the underdog but it should be a good game because of the rival teams meeting in the playoffs. In fact, Murphy Fair said in his interview with 104.5 after last weeks games that speculated Smyrna to be about a 2 TD favorite in this game but the bitter rivalry would make for a great game.

Personally I think all the players from both teams should stay away from these boards this week and concentrate on getting ready for the game this Friday. If you really love playing football and you have a playoff game coming up against your biggest rival, you shouldn't need to come on here looking for or posting anyway "bulletin board" material to get fired up for the game. DISCLAIMER This is the opinion of the poster and not necessarily that of staff or management. LOL

Good Luck to the Wolverines.

now that is funny and should be required on all post!

But in reality no matter what Murphy says the overwhelming repsonse I hear is that lavergne "is on a roll" and smyrna is struggling.

As a matter of fact it feesl exactly like it did before the 1st game when Lavergne was "rolling" in all their scrimmages and smyrna was "struggling"

The good news is warm weather no rain no wind nothing to keep both teams from running their entire offensive playbook. My guess is with the number of passes being thrown it may be a 3 hour plus game.

now that is funny and should be required on all post!

But in reality no matter what Murphy says the overwhelming repsonse I hear is that lavergne "is on a roll" and smyrna is struggling.

As a matter of fact it feesl exactly like it did before the 1st game when Lavergne was "rolling" in all their scrimmages and smyrna was "struggling"

The good news is warm weather no rain no wind nothing to keep both teams from running their entire offensive playbook. My guess is with the number of passes being thrown it may be a 3 hour plus game.

Regardless of what everyone is saying about both teams, I really hope to see a great game Friday night with no injuries for either team. If LaVergne loses then I will continue to root for a Region 4 team to go all the way and win state. I hope LaVergne's postseason continues after this week but that is up to the young men on the field to execute their game plan and get it done. Good Luck to the Wolverines :D

this game should be closer because lately lavergne has established a running game. the first time they played, smyrna was expecting pass. so now that lavergne has been on a roll running the ball as well as their ability to throw the ball to their good receiving group, i think it gives them a better chance of keeping the game close and maybe pulling out the win