SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, 82cat your like one of those sports reporters on TV that try to make things sound like they really aren't. Often done with TO. It doesn't matter to me. Maybe you was just bolding those statements to get Smyrna hype or something? Good job. Get a freakin life. You know who I am. I now know who you are. I have NEVER disrespected you in anyway, nor Smyrna. I have countless friends on Smyrna's team, but its people like you that make me sick. I don't respect you at ALL just for the simple fact that you constantly try to go after a 16 year old kid just for posting his opinion. Get a LIFE. If this game is THAT serious to a grown man like yourself to get on here and go after a 16 year old, you really got some problems. Either that or you must have too much time on your hands.

I don't beleve you will ever find me calling out period

and certainly not disrespecting any player

Going after you????

But what you don't understand is every word said is the absolute truth about all the talk leading up to this game. I have heard every statement I have noted many many times over the last few weeks and days.

I just can not imagine anybody on coach t posting something to get their team hyped or picking at another team :lol:

I guess they should close this place down

As for playing the "old man"' card well that seems to be a common action when anybody posting on here doesn't like something said by someone who is not a player well I will say one thing about all these old folks --------------------------

you will find most are passionate about hs football and spend a lot more of their time and effort supporting their team than just on here

A lot of folks support the titans or the vols or othert college or pro teams I choose to put all my time into hs football and where is the only place you can find to discuss hs football ?? thats right coacht so I make no apologies for supporting hs football or my team on here

If I was at lavergne I would do the same thing ---- wait a minute I was at Lavergne I had 2 sons that payed there and --- I was an officer in the qb club and have even painted their stadium twice

I think you are an outstanding player and sorry if you took my post personally it was not meat to be ( just a suggestion you could repost it as follows for the opposite effect I will even do it for you.

LaVergne vs. Smyrna in the playoffs.....wow!

Not going to make ANY predictions on this one. Smyrna can be 0-10 and still give LaVergne a game. Its like they got a "ON" switch that LaVergne hasn't had when they play us. Well we have it now. I'm not really thinking about predictions and all that. I just know that if LaVergne goes out thinking they will have it easier than last time. We will lose. If Smyrna comes out thinking LaVergne is the same team in week 0, they will lose, also...

LaVergne is rollin and I doubt that they will drop off this week. Not meaning win, but they won't stop fighting like they have the past 6 weeks. GUARANTEED.

Congrats lavergne you have now worked your way into what you have always wished for and always said

"if we played smyrna again we would beat them by 2 touchdowns"

well you got what you wished for!!

And once again all the hype in the papers and every where is how lavergne is on a roll ( ck hsfootball previous post for stats) and is offensively unstopable

Smyrna as everyone knows is struggling having lost to riverdale, so hard to believe but once again Smyrna will go into this game as an underdog.

I have heard at least a dozen times " I bet Smyrna doesn't want to play lavegne again since Lavergne is playing so well"

Well you would be wrong because Every player on smyrnas team wants this game again and a chance to prove themselves again

by the way smyrna's first team defense the last 3 games

oakland - 1 td ( one on a fumble return)

Lebanon - 1 td

coffee county - shut out by first team

hopefully that will give us a cha+nce

So that pretty much sets it up a team that is being hyped by everybody against a Smyrna team that has " struggled to win it last few games"

I think this post speaks for all Lavergne folks and I quote

JGera Today, 02:02 AM Post #12

Manager

Group: Guests

Member No.: 100,964

LaVergne is on a roll. They've had six straight wins, and Smyrna hasn't been the same team since their lost to Ravenwood.

My prediction: LaVergne takes it in a close one.This post has been edited by JGera: Today, 02:08 AM

WOW cat, you have really stoked the fire up with this thread. LOL. I do remember the posts you were referring to but do me a favor, don't assume JGera is speaking for all LaVergne fans. He may be speaking for some of them but I have my own opinions and they do not all match his. Anyway, Why was I not surprised to see 82cat as the thread starter with the title "wait ti ----"? LOL, I could have guessed who started that thread without looking. I am glad LHS gets a rematch with SHS this year instead of having to wait until next year. I hope the results are different this time just like I hoped for that in August but we all know the outcome on that one. I do agree LHS is on a roll and maybe SHS hasn't been the same since their loss to Ravenwood but that doesn't mean they are all of a sudden a "bad" team.

I think some of the people who said that Smyrna doesn't want to play LaVergne again this year because ......... were just running their mouth because they probably figured there wouldn't be a rematch this year. A lot of people thought LaVergne had the chance to beat Cookeville this year and I was one of them but a lot of people thought Cookeville would walk all over LaVergne also. LaVergne played a really good game instead of a really good 2 or 3 quarters. Last season they were a really good second half team and started out that way this year but have developed themselves into a team that can play really good for 4 quarters.

If for no other reason, this is going to be a must see game for the rivalry equation alone, being a playoff game is going to make it all the better.

Good luck to the Wolverines and hope for an injury free game.

This will be a good one and I'm sure that HSsportsfootball and underdawgs 17 will have several meetings between each other this Friday night!!!!

This is a show-me game for LaVergne. They have always talked so big, but come up so little against Smyrna. This goes back to the mid-1990's when LaVergne had some great players like Mario Kelso, Rashad Howse, Antwaine Ridley, etc....and still always struggled with Smyrna.

Smyrna hasn't played great football lately, but underdawgs has really run with his second chance at this thing and made some huge plays with teams focusing so much on Rod (That's the mark of good character Josh.....way to keep grinding...I had your back in here last month).

One key to this game is whether or not the Wolverines can neutralize Maceo and Antoine and make Smyrna one dimensional. In the season opener, Smyrna passed when they wanted to and ran when they wanted to. LaVergne can't win when that happens.

The other key is can LaVergne's O-Line protect A-Rod enough to let him do his thing and get the ball to HSsportsfootball. All in all, this will be a great game.