7AAA 2006-2007

MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Peanut is a junior. :lol:

Hoolie says he is a senior. Gosh Hoolie, are you lying once again? Or are you NOT in the know as much as you like to think you are?

I am a fan of neither Siegel or Oakland but I am a long time follower and supporter of 7AAA basketball. I can think of at least two reasons people outside of the 'siegel Nation' have a problem with Tyler Cutter.

1) His whining on the floor. What some (Siegel fans) see as competitive and feisty is seen as selfish and immature by others. I certainly understand how supporters and opponents view behavior in two drastically different points of view. AND, I also know that Siegel people will blow off my comments as partisan. But they are not. I watch countless basketball games every year and I really can't remember any player leaving such a sour taste in my mouth as Tyler Cutter. He actually sickens me. It also sickens me to think that Coach Harris has such amazingly low standards of game decorum (as evidenced in years past by Oden and company).

2) The adulation heaped on Cutter by Siegel posters. For someone without any knowledge of middle Tennessee basketball, reading CoachT would lead them to believe that Cutter is ready to make the jump to the NBA. He is, in my UNBIASED opinion, a solid player. On any other team in the district, he would be no more, or less, than a role player.

All posters tend to be a little overzealous in the opinions of their own teams. It just seems that Siegelists take it to a new level.

SIR......you absolutely NAILED it with this post. Thanks. I hope we hear more from you in the future.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a fan of neither Siegel or Oakland but I am a long time follower and supporter of 7AAA basketball. I can think of at least two reasons people outside of the 'siegel Nation' have a problem with Tyler Cutter.

1) His whining on the floor. What some (Siegel fans) see as competitive and feisty is seen as selfish and immature by others. I certainly understand how supporters and opponents view behavior in two drastically different points of view. AND, I also know that Siegel people will blow off my comments as partisan. But they are not. I watch countless basketball games every year and I really can't remember any player leaving such a sour taste in my mouth as Tyler Cutter. He actually sickens me. It also sickens me to think that Coach Harris has such amazingly low standards of game decorum (as evidenced in years past by Oden and company).

2) The adulation heaped on Cutter by Siegel posters. For someone without any knowledge of middle Tennessee basketball, reading CoachT would lead them to believe that Cutter is ready to make the jump to the NBA. He is, in my UNBIASED opinion, a solid player. On any other team in the district, he would be no more, or less, than a role player.

All posters tend to be a little overzealous in the opinions of their own teams. It just seems that Siegelists take it to a new level.

I admitted that mistake in the other thread if you would like to check. Thought he was a senior because I have known him since he was a freshman and seemed to be a while ago. My judgement of Cutter comes from knowing him personally and knowing the type of person he is on and off the court. Coach Harris put up alot in years past that he shouldnt have. We all agree on that but that has not been the case this year. He kicked Montori off when he got in trouble for much less than kids have done in years past. There aren't really what you would call "problem childs" on this team.

I do not believe your comments are biased but when people see something on the court and take it different from what it really is with Cutter. I stand up and try to tell it for what it really is. 2priceless used the reason of him falling all over the court begging for fouls as a reason for being a prima donna. He pump faked and shot twice and was mauled and no foul was called and I'm sure this is where he comes with these "falling all over" summations. It was never begging for calls when it was J.J. Reddick doing it the last 4 years at Duke or other players drawing a foul but it is with Cutter. Its part of basketball. Why these refs refused to call that is beyond me. The play were Cutter went down on his elbow he was taken out when going up for a rebound. Yet because he falls he is begging for a call? These are the bias' I try to point out when 2priceless and others use these reasons as why he is selfish or always begging for calls. They called the foul as soon as it happened not when Cutter was holding his elbow on the ground so call me crazy but the kid is allowed to do things without there being an alterior motive of crying to the officials. With others, its a great play when they draw the foul, with Cutter its him being selfish and begging for a call.

I said it in other posts. Too much is put on Cutter...not by fans because ultimately it doesn't matter when someone sitting in the stands expects him to score 20 a game contrary to what you think 2priceless. But its a problem when his teammates expect him to do everything and thus are trigger shy as his teammates have been besides Gooch. Thats where the expectations need to stop, not from outside forces but from his teammates, they need to be willing to shoot and create as well, not just Cutter.

interesting observations

I think that Cutter is still trying to deal with the leadership position on the team. Still a little immature. It seems he tries to do it all because of the pressure to carry the team. No one shoots.

Speed is the only thing Siegel has going for them. Oakland has a better all around team. To play on the state level, Oakland is going to have to get their shot percentage up. Maybe last night was an off night or Siegel's defense was more than they expected. Time will tell! :lol:

The shooting was off...and the d was real strong. Both hurt Oakland alot. But shooting hurt siegel the most. Rebounds....thats what made the game.

Thoughts from this game...

1) If Siegel had even one big guy (Montori) that would go up and get a rebound with authority...the game is within ten. The first 4 or 5 possessions for Oakland they didnt score until their 3rd or 4th putback. It was awful. Rebounding was the difference in the game.

2) The refs were just weird...I'm not saying biased towards Siegel or biased towards Oakland..just weird. They would call a touch foul on one end then somebody would get clobbered on the other end. Then would call a hand on someones back on the other end.

Another thing is...Do these referees not recognize the pump fake as part of basketball? Or maybe JJ Reddick just did that for fun when he did that to draw fouls?

3) 2priceless and others..you might be surprised to hear that Cutter only took about 9 shots. Not as selfish as you make him out to be. And also if you saw our offense. Our main goal in the offense was to get Cutter coming off screens. How is he selfish when our coach is trying to set screens to get him open? If your going to call him selfish for having the ball in his hands then go ahead but he wasn't "throwing up" shots as you put it. He forced a couple of shots but only a couple would I call bad shots His first two went down and out. Then he only attempted a couple until the 3rd quarter when he hit two 3's in a row. He wasn't on his game but I attribute alot of that to the full court pressure D they put on him. And saying he got all of his points when he went to foul line is inaccurate because he had 12 points when the free throw fest began with both teams. Chaisson had 16 at that point if your wondering as well. Cutter had 18 Chaisson had 24 to end it

4) Siegel did half of what they needed to do in this game. They made it ugly. Made Oakland shoot from the outside which they did not do very well at all. If Siegel comes close to staying even on the boards in this game. Whole different ballgame. Seemed everytime we had a loose ball close it would get tipped and land in Oakland players. Just one of those nights because from all accounts who were there...The effort is there from Siegel...Showed great effort tonight.

5) Mark Gooch is going to be a playmaker at Siegel. His block in the 2nd quarter was better than any I have seen Keith make in his 3 years. He has freakish athletic ability and his role on this team needs to grow as does Braxon Terry's.

Something else I noticed about Siegel is most of the players are trigger shy unless its a layup. Very few players attempted jumpshots of any kind besides Tyler. Chris Morant had one but there weren't many others until late. If Siegel can find a way to rebound...the 2nd matchup will be VERY interesting as Siegel continues to mature and hopefully improve.

Side note: Comments about the crowd--full house as expected but honestly it was about a draw in the student section battle for first half until the game got out of hand. I figured Oakland to have a field day with how much they were winning by but didn't really say too much but both sides were loud in the first half and numbers were around the same until it went downhill for Siegel on the court in 2nd half

I am nearly postive that Cutter only made 3 maybe 4 shots all night. He had to have shot more then 9 times though. He was nearly the only siegel person shooting foul shots both before and after the frenzy.

Not including layups He attempted about 9 shots. Mid range or 3's. He made two 3's and 1-2 layups. I figured people would try to say all of his points were free throws so I checked his point total at beg of 4th quarter. I know he missed a couple of layups but I realized I didn't count those in what I said earlier.

And OaklandPower how can you say Shooting hurt Siegel the most? Most of Oaklands were points were on 4th or 5th shots or putbacks. If Rebounding this game would have gone down to the wire. Rebounding was the difference.

Edited by Harris' hooligans

Not including layups He attempted about 9 shots. Mid range or 3's. He made two 3's and 1-2 layups. I figured people would try to say all of his points were free throws so I checked his point total at beg of 4th quarter. I know he missed a couple of layups but I realized I didn't count those in what I said earlier.

And OaklandPower how can you say Shooting hurt Siegel the most? Most of Oaklands were points were on 4th or 5th shots or putbacks. If Rebounding this game would have gone down to the wire. Rebounding was the difference.

Yeah but he went to the line 2 or 3 times before the 4th too. You got to count those too.

should be two good games

I concur. I am a little scared of Riverdale when they are coming off the rebound. If Oakland doesn't shoot better percentage wise they will have a lot of trouble.

Those were on drives in the lane where he was fouled. Are we not counting foul shots as points at all now. I just stated that everyones stats were padded at the end. Siegel and Oakland because of weird officiating

Cutter hit 1 layup and 2 threes...the other 10 were free throws.

Not including layups He attempted about 9 shots.

Layups are considered shots so why would you not include them?