Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts from this game...

1) If Siegel had even one big guy (Montori) that would go up and get a rebound with authority...the game is within ten. The first 4 or 5 possessions for Oakland they didnt score until their 3rd or 4th putback. It was awful. Rebounding was the difference in the game.

2) The refs were just weird...I'm not saying biased towards Siegel or biased towards Oakland..just weird. They would call a touch foul on one end then somebody would get clobbered on the other end. Then would call a hand on someones back on the other end.

Another thing is...Do these referees not recognize the pump fake as part of basketball? Or maybe JJ Reddick just did that for fun when he did that to draw fouls?

3) 2priceless and others..you might be surprised to hear that Cutter only took about 9 shots. Not as selfish as you make him out to be. And also if you saw our offense. Our main goal in the offense was to get Cutter coming off screens. How is he selfish when our coach is trying to set screens to get him open? If your going to call him selfish for having the ball in his hands then go ahead but he wasn't "throwing up" shots as you put it. He forced a couple of shots but only a couple would I call bad shots His first two went down and out. Then he only attempted a couple until the 3rd quarter when he hit two 3's in a row. He wasn't on his game but I attribute alot of that to the full court pressure D they put on him. And saying he got all of his points when he went to foul line is inaccurate because he had 12 points when the free throw fest began with both teams. Chaisson had 16 at that point if your wondering as well. Cutter had 18 Chaisson had 24 to end it

4) Siegel did half of what they needed to do in this game. They made it ugly. Made Oakland shoot from the outside which they did not do very well at all. If Siegel comes close to staying even on the boards in this game. Whole different ballgame. Seemed everytime we had a loose ball close it would get tipped and land in Oakland players. Just one of those nights because from all accounts who were there...The effort is there from Siegel...Showed great effort tonight.

5) Mark Gooch is going to be a playmaker at Siegel. His block in the 2nd quarter was better than any I have seen Keith make in his 3 years. He has freakish athletic ability and his role on this team needs to grow as does Braxon Terry's.

Something else I noticed about Siegel is most of the players are trigger shy unless its a layup. Very few players attempted jumpshots of any kind besides Tyler. Chris Morant had one but there weren't many others until late. If Siegel can find a way to rebound...the 2nd matchup will be VERY interesting as Siegel continues to mature and hopefully improve.

Side note: Comments about the crowd--full house as expected but honestly it was about a draw in the student section battle for first half until the game got out of hand. I figured Oakland to have a field day with how much they were winning by but didn't really say too much but both sides were loud in the first half and numbers were around the same until it went downhill for Siegel on the court in 2nd half

The refs did make it hard for both teams to do anything good. Bad calls were very abundant in this game for both sides. Maybe both sides should have yelled at the refs. alittle more. :thumb:

Oakland[/url'>power06' post='826322881' date='Jan 6 2007 - 10:08 AM']

The refs did make it hard for both teams to do anything good. Bad calls were very abundant in this game for both sides. Maybe both sides should have yelled at the refs. alittle more. :thumb:

The Blackman-Riverdale refs were the best I've ever seen in the High School level.

im hoping oaklands team is regarding this game the same way you are ... if so, that would be another w to put on siegels list ...

There was no way for siegel to win. Two major problems for siegel...no height and no one is willing to shoot beside Cutter. Cutter took some very bad shoots last night. I do believe if he would have slowed down and not try to take it in as much....sit and wait for a good shot. The score would have been closer. The rebounds for Oakland was amazing. They would go up and take it down. Because of the height. siegel surprised me in the first quarter. They were fast...real FAST. That was something that amazed me about this young team. But they just couldnt keep up with Oaklands quickness. siegel got schooled a couple of times....Did everyone see the dunk by Allen? I havent seen anyone talk about that. It was amazing as well. Props to siegel on a well played game....

Hoolie, the difference b/t you and me is that I actually applauded Siegel in my first post. I thanked the Nation for cheering for our Chamber Choir. I praised #1 for Siegel and I really liked his drive, hustle, determination, and the "no Quit" in the kid. When he was finally given a blow and was on the bench late in the game when it was out of hand....I saw him standing up CHEERING on his teama nd encouraging them. I said I think he will be a great one.

I admit I have bias toward Oakland. I have never said I don't. If you don't tend to lean toward your school, then why be a fan of it? So if you think you are getting to me by calling me bias, you better think of something else to try to prove your points. I may have any opinion that I choose to have as it is my right. If you polled any 50 objective people that were fans of neither Siegel or Oakland who watched this game.....you would probably have around 45 contrasting viewpoints of what actually happened. The bottom line is that Cutter scored 35 in his last game ..........he didn't in this one. I NEVER stated once how many he would or wouldn't get. However, he did NOT get the 20 that d2d predicted he would have EVERY single game this yr. That much IS a fact.Our defense is pretty darn good. Our shooting needs work....and Siegel's shots weren't falling either ......your perentage was 30% and ours was 28% from the floor according to Jeff Jordan's stats. Pretty crummy for both teams. The boards OHS got were the difference.

I hate whining players.........if Cutter played for OHS, I would despise how he acted too.

Finally, the poster The Nation is obviously another ID of d2d or Hoolie. Never on here before the game, only on here after the game to try to look like he is backing what d2d was saying. Typical Siegel. If you can't win the word war on your own, pull out the other ID to try to back yourself up. Pathetic and so juvenile. Just like Hoolie when he is frustrated on here starts in on my age. I am not embarrassed by how old I am, never made it a secret. I freely admit I am not an expert on bball. Football is another story with a ring to prove it. I know what I like in a player, and it definitely is NOT what I see on the floor in Cutter. But I definitely see some promise in that Peanut.

Edited by 2priceless

There was no way for siegel to win. Two major problems for siegel...no height and no one is willing to shoot beside Cutter. Cutter took some very bad shoots last night. I do believe if he would have slowed down and not try to take it in as much....sit and wait for a good shot. The score would have been closer. The rebounds for Oakland was amazing. They would go up and take it down. Because of the height. siegel surprised me in the first quarter. They were fast...real FAST. That was something that amazed me about this young team. But they just couldnt keep up with Oaklands quickness. siegel got schooled a couple of times....Did everyone see the dunk by Allen? I havent seen anyone talk about that. It was amazing as well. Props to siegel on a well played game....

I think that Cutter is still trying to deal with the leadership position on the team. Still a little immature. It seems he tries to do it all because of the pressure to carry the team. No one shoots.

Speed is the only thing Siegel has going for them. Oakland has a better all around team. To play on the state level, Oakland is going to have to get their shot percentage up. Maybe last night was an off night or Siegel's defense was more than they expected. Time will tell! :thumb:

Hoolie, the difference b/t you and me is that I actually applauded Siegel in my first post. I thanked the Nation for cheering for our Chamber Choir. I praised #1 for Siegel and I really liked his drive, hustle, determination, and the "no Quit" in the kid. When he was finally given a blow and was on the bench late in the game when it was out of hand....I saw him standing up CHEERING on his teama nd encouraging them. I said I think he will be a great one.

I admit I have bias toward Oakland. I have never said I don't. If you don't tend to lean toward your school, then why be a fan of it? So if you think you are getting to me by calling me bias, you better think of something else to try to prove your points. I may have any opinion that I choose to have as it is my right. If you polled any 50 objective people that were fans of neither Siegel or Oakland who watched this game.....you would probably have around 45 contrasting viewpoints of what actually happened. The bottom line is that Cutter scored 35 in his last game ..........he didn't in this one. I NEVER stated once how many he would or wouldn't get. However, he did NOT get the 20 that d2d predicted he would have EVERY single game this yr. That much IS a fact.Our defense is pretty darn good. Our shooting needs work....and Siegel's shots weren't falling either ......your perentage was 30% and ours was 28% from the floor according to Jeff Jordan's stats. Pretty crummy for both teams. The boards OHS got were the difference.

I hate whining players.........if Cutter played for OHS, I would despise how he acted too.

Finally, the poster The Nation is obviously another ID of d2d or Hoolie. Never on here before the game, only on here after the game to try to look like he is backing what d2d was saying. Typical Siegel. If you can't win the word war on your own, pull out the other ID to try to back yourself up. Pathetic and so juvenile. Just like Hoolie when he is frustrated on here starts in on my age. I am not embarrassed by how old I am, never made it a secret. I freely admit I am not an expert on bball. Football is another story with a ring to prove it. I know what I like in a player, and it definitely is NOT what I see on the floor in Cutter. But I definitely see some promise in that Peanut.

#1 I have said the main reason Cutter didn't get going like he did was because of good defense by Oakland. But I guess you have that selective reading and didn't see that :thumb:

#2 Chris Morant is a senior so if he is gonna be a great one kinda needs to start that soon, but the problem with so many of our players is they just wont shoot.

#3 You can have your opinion but are you saying you can have that right but I don't have the right to point out flaws in your opinion simply because of your clear bias and we just have to deal with that? Right

#4 While its a fact he hasn't gotten 20 every game...I believe its also a fact that he scored more than most Oakland posters on here predicted. Goes both ways there

And finally...It's comical that you think myself or d2d is The Nation just as I'm sure The Nation himself is laughing. You can e-mail coacht and request the IP address if you would like. That might shut you up with that idiotic statement. And I'm not frustrated but its clear things weren't like that in your day because you seem to bash every player with intensity and a competitive fire. Unless of course that is an "untouchable" area and we aren't allowed to mention certain things. If so go ahead and set the parameters before hand because I would hate for you to think I'm ever at a shortage of comebacks for clear biased bashing posts such as your own

#1 I have said the main reason Cutter didn't get going like he did was because of good defense by Oakland. But I guess you have that selective reading and didn't see that :thumb:

#2 Chris Morant is a senior so if he is gonna be a great one kinda needs to start that soon, but the problem with so many of our players is they just wont shoot.

#3 You can have your opinion but are you saying you can have that right but I don't have the right to point out flaws in your opinion simply because of your clear bias and we just have to deal with that? Right

#4 While its a fact he hasn't gotten 20 every game...I believe its also a fact that he scored more than most Oakland posters on here predicted. Goes both ways there

And finally...It's comical that you think myself or d2d is The Nation just as I'm sure The Nation himself is laughing. You can e-mail coacht and request the IP address if you would like. That might shut you up with that idiotic statement. And I'm not frustrated but its clear things weren't like that in your day because you seem to bash every player with intensity and a competitive fire. Unless of course that is an "untouchable" area and we aren't allowed to mention certain things. If so go ahead and set the parameters before hand because I would hate for you to think I'm ever at a shortage of comebacks for clear biased bashing posts such as your own

Peanut is a junior. :thumb:

I am a fan of neither Siegel or Oakland but I am a long time follower and supporter of 7AAA basketball. I can think of at least two reasons people outside of the 'siegel Nation' have a problem with Tyler Cutter.

1) His whining on the floor. What some (Siegel fans) see as competitive and feisty is seen as selfish and immature by others. I certainly understand how supporters and opponents view behavior in two drastically different points of view. AND, I also know that Siegel people will blow off my comments as partisan. But they are not. I watch countless basketball games every year and I really can't remember any player leaving such a sour taste in my mouth as Tyler Cutter. He actually sickens me. It also sickens me to think that Coach Harris has such amazingly low standards of game decorum (as evidenced in years past by Oden and company).

2) The adulation heaped on Cutter by Siegel posters. For someone without any knowledge of middle Tennessee basketball, reading CoachT would lead them to believe that Cutter is ready to make the jump to the NBA. He is, in my UNBIASED opinion, a solid player. On any other team in the district, he would be no more, or less, than a role player.

All posters tend to be a little overzealous in the opinions of their own teams. It just seems that Siegelists take it to a new level.